R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need help with a Futaba R603FS receiver

hi guys

i brought a (used) Futaba R603fs for one of our Rctech brothers, now i followed the step by step guide on how to bind your transmitter to your receiver, straight from the Futaba 4pks bible (manual) when i got to the point were i turn my receiver on there was no Red LED light. the power souce that i am using is a 1600mah 6volt nimh battery (i run 1/10 nitro by the way) i cheak the RXSYS and it was on C1. have i been had?
please help.......
cheers
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRIDGE View Post
hi guys

i brought a (used) Futaba R603fs for one of our Rctech brothers, now i followed the step by step guide on how to bind your transmitter to your receiver, straight from the Futaba 4pks bible (manual) when i got to the point were i turn my receiver on there was no Red LED light. the power souce that i am using is a 1600mah 6volt nimh battery (i run 1/10 nitro by the way) i cheak the RXSYS and it was on C1. have i been had?
please help.......
cheers
No light = no power. Red means no 2.4 signal detected. Flashing green means 2.4 signal detected. Solid green means 2.4 detected and bound.

Make sure you have the RX battery in the BATT slot and not the RS232 slot. The RS232 slot does not power the RX. If the RX battery is in the BATT slot and you have no lights, you have a bad RX.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
No light = no power. Red means no 2.4 signal detected. Flashing green means 2.4 signal detected. Solid green means 2.4 detected and bound.

Make sure you have the RX battery in the BATT slot and not the RS232 slot. The RS232 slot does not power the RX. If the RX battery is in the BATT slot and you have no lights, you have a bad RX.
Very nice response........I'm curious as to whether that resolved the problem...............hopefully, you didn't get 'hoodwinked' on the deal.

Let us know............
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
Very nice response........I'm curious as to whether that resolved the problem...............hopefully, you didn't get 'hoodwinked' on the deal.

Let us know............
No good with the receiver, asked for my money back and he went on about it worked when he used it last. I forgot to ask him when that was. As I said to him that if I broke it I wouldn't have wasted my time chasing him for my money back. I guess that you can't trust every one on here.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post

Let us know............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post

Hi there.
No I got stitched up with a faulty receiver and no refund.
Thanks a lot for your time and help.
Cheers