Default V One RR, Serpent Impulse, NTC3, Trinity Reflex NT

i was wondering which car i should choose, i'll be racing
i want durability, speed, handling and stability
thxs in advance
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 01:10 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MiSFitSLvR

I was in the same position as you are but only with the last 3 cars. I decided to get the serpent impulse. I found a good deal for a impulse streetspec with nova mega engine.

I would have probably gone with the reflex if i didnt get the serpent. I like the reflex because of the hopups for the price. The serpent is a very nice car though. I think you will be happy with any of them.

I hear the Ntc3 needs to be upgraded to race. People are complaining about front bearings breaking and stuff. I personally dont like the car just because it is like everyone and there damn gramma have one.

No matter which way you go i think you will be happy.

Later,
MiSfIt
MiSFitSLvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:23 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

i believe the v one rr is better than the serpent impulse, it improved on the impulse's shortcomings and it is much durable, plus the parts for it are cheaper than for the impulse, and let's not even talk about the ntc3, it's a long way from the impulse and the v one rr
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 08:59 PM   #4
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by compaq888
i believe the v one rr is better than the serpent impulse, it improved on the impulse's shortcomings and it is much durable, plus the parts for it are cheaper than for the impulse, and let's not even talk about the ntc3, it's a long way from the impulse and the v one rr
Not that I'm wanting to start a flame but I'm interested to know what shortcomings the Impulse has that the V1RR does not. Both are belt driven cars.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:08 AM   #5
Tech Addict

ok the v one rr replacement parts cost way cheaper and kyosho gives more parts, unlike serpent they give like one replacement part and you have to pay a lot of money to get all the parts you need, and the v one rr is more durable then the impulse, and it's easier to get parts for the v one rr then the impulse, and you have to change the set up on the impulse when you put foams on, on the v one rr you put them and go, i'm not trying to start a flame war either , any more questions?
Old 08-14-2002, 03:14 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Quote:
I don't agree with this post at all. I have driven a Kyosho for the last 12mnths and have the car fully dialed and modified as much as i can possibly do with buying a shit load of useless hop ups that archieve nothing but make it look cool. I have recently upgraded to the NTC3 for the simple reason of the car being lighter to start with, no belts to have rocks jam up in and screw pullies and stuff and the fact that the drag created by the belts effects the performance of the car. The only positive i could give the Kyosho is the strength of the car.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:23 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to ozzie boy Send a message via AIM to ozzie boy Send a message via Yahoo to ozzie boy

yeah i agree with you hooked_on the ntc3 is hell good and shouldnt be dissed like that (sorry), i think that it is a bit funny that a ntc3 with no hopups and just a cx12p can be the fastest car in every form of racing in touring. this includes pro class nitro and alot or people in pro class run JP's so dont say the ntc3 is bad
ozzie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:30 AM   #8
Tech Addict

well if you are an expert at the track you can get the ntc3 cause you will never hit the wall, but if you hit the wall that car is splat, but the v one rr can take a hit, the hop ups you got were eye candy, a stock v one rr with a powerful motor will smoke a lot of cars
Old 08-14-2002, 03:30 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ozzie boy
yeah i agree with you hooked_on the ntc3 is hell good and shouldnt be dissed like that (sorry), i think that it is a bit funny that a ntc3 with no hopups and just a cx12p can be the fastest car in every form of racing in touring. this includes pro class nitro and alot or people in pro class run JP's so dont say the ntc3 is bad
My NTC3 out of the box is almost as quick as my modified V1R........
Old 08-14-2002, 03:38 AM   #10
Tech Addict

yeah but it depends what motor you use
Old 08-14-2002, 03:40 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
yeah but it depends what motor you use
I used the same motor from my V-One R that i transfered to my NTC3 when it was complete and what i am saying is the NTC3 is faster.........

Old 08-14-2002, 03:46 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on

My NTC3 out of the box is almost as quick as my modified V1R........
you said almost as quick! that means not as fast as the v one rr, don't change your story
Old 08-14-2002, 03:50 AM   #13
Tech Addict

I never said V-One RR............. I said V-One R, i have had more then one of these cars until recently when i bought the AE. As for your quick response to correct me on my orginal comments of will give you credit there as i did orginally say that it was "almost" as fast as my v1r. With some setup changes the NTC3 will be faster with a car that is still running all standard equipment, not like my Kyosho and that was the point i was trying to make.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:54 AM   #14
Tech Addict

HAHAHHAHAHA! all you got to do is change the pulleys to 24 tooth and your v one rr will be 5 mph faster and change the gearing and that's 60+mph, and all of that is under $50! and everybody gets a powerful motor so the 24 tooth pullies shouldn't be a problem
Old 08-14-2002, 03:57 AM   #15
Tech Addict

and i don't think a ntc3 can hit 60mph with out a .15 motor, while a v one rr can hit 60 with a .12 motor