Spektrum

Old 04-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Spektrum

I was thinking of buying the spectrum for my KO Helios... anyone know if they still are having problems!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

I have one on my KO Helios. I've had it for close to a month now and it's installed on my HPI R40 and HPI Savage. So far, I have not had any problems. I heard of others having problems with their Spektrums on the Helios, like their setups erased from the memory. But I have never encountered those problems.

I mainly bash and practice out at the local track, so I don't race. I don't know how well my spektrum would do in a race (re:receiver battery life). And I don't have digital servos, so others who have digi servos may have another opinion. The only incident I had so far was when the battery went low on my Savage. It's funny because Spektrum claims that they don't have a low battery indicator failsafe in the receiver. One time, the truck went to idle, so I kept turning on and off the receiver. But it would continue to go to idle. I realized the receiver pack was low. I recharged it and I was out running the Savage as usual.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by 007kel
I have one on my KO Helios. I've had it for close to a month now and it's installed on my HPI R40 and HPI Savage. So far, I have not had any problems. I heard of others having problems with their Spektrums on the Helios, like their setups erased from the memory. But I have never encountered those problems.

I mainly bash and practice out at the local track, so I don't race. I don't know how well my spektrum would do in a race (re:receiver battery life). And I don't have digital servos, so others who have digi servos may have another opinion. The only incident I had so far was when the battery went low on my Savage. It's funny because Spektrum claims that they don't have a low battery indicator failsafe in the receiver. One time, the truck went to idle, so I kept turning on and off the receiver. But it would continue to go to idle. I realized the receiver pack was low. I recharged it and I was out running the Savage as usual.
thanks for your help.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Spektrum

Originally posted by joemugen
I was thinking of buying the spectrum for my KO Helios... anyone know if they still are having problems!!!!!!!!!!
I have just put one on my Helios and i cannot belive how easy it was to setup! I have been using it for a couple of days now with no problems
Old 04-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks brett... is the reciver micro size?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by joemugen
thanks brett... is the reciver micro size?
Its a better fit than the micro reciever yo get with the helios (the helios is a bit small) its a bit bigger than the ko reciever but fits nicely in the 710
Old 04-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

I had a problem Sunday with my Spektrum.When you first powered in on the throttle servo would work back and forth about 10 to 20 degrees for about 30 seconds then work fine.I have to admit it made it easier for one person starting but I don't want it to show up on the track.Anyone had a similar problem?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Haven't seen anything like that yet, I've only had one race on it but so far its been perfect. I was told that the first batch out needed to be reprogramed because of some glitch but that the newer units had the upgrade.

Good luck....
Old 04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

I've had it on several other cars on and off road,all electric and never had any kind of problem.This was the first time I had it on my NTC3 rtr and I was using the stock throttle servo,upgraded to a Futaba 9303 on steering,I don't know if that had anything to do with it.And mine was one of the first ones.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've had mine for a month, but on the JR R-1. I have not had any problems other than 1 while the receiver pack was low. I had a delay in connecting to the car, about 20 seconds. Then worked fine. No glitches, no problems at all.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

Heard everything is fine for the second batches. Go check it out!

Cheers,
Calvin
Old 05-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm just curious, has anyone had any problems with short reception----i.e. 15 or 20m, then the failsafe cuts in?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by viperrj
I'm just curious, has anyone had any problems with short reception----i.e. 15 or 20m, then the failsafe cuts in?
Nope, all OK for me.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default failsafe

Did anyone hear that the specktrum failsafe only works for interfereance and range? This comes from my lhs from the company. That is not a cool thing to omit, esp after I bot one.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: failsafe

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Did anyone hear that the specktrum failsafe only works for interfereance and range? This comes from my lhs from the company. That is not a cool thing to omit, esp after I bot one.
if you are worried about it, you can always but an external fail safe. but i think the spektrum is still definitely one of the best bargains in r/c. (besides my 4mm kyosho rrr shock towers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.