R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #151
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Grasshopperr Send a message via AIM to Grasshopperr Send a message via Yahoo to Grasshopperr

No thered 5 steve got an 8th scale onroad know he is thinking of selling taht too. Peace
Grasshopperr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did Sugar Bowl finally close?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #153
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Sugar Bowl?

No. The Sugar Bowl is still running at this time. Off-road on Saturday and On-Road on Sundays.

Development group that has bought the land is still having zoning issues, so AROCC is still renting the facility. AROCC is looking for a new place to build.

Place could close next week or could race all summer. Don't know at this time.
Desoto Racing
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:30 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by performula
One last post on topic...to run nitro sedan to race ONE day is $50 minimum (entry, transponder fee, one set of tires). That is $200 for the month, plus two gallons of fuel (practice) - $50, a glow plug - $7, and odds and ends.
This is one of the things that ever amazed me from you (US boys). Here at Europe, tracks aren't owned by the hobby shops, the clubs are formed by individuals and if you want to use a track, you need to be member of that club for a closed fee (monthly, yearly, etc...), this gives you free and unlimited access to the track (you may want to practice at 4AM with your new Nitro car? ok.. you can, but the neighbors can shoot you too. ) and their facilities.

Along this, in many cases, the the clubs are fairly big (mine local club has more than 350 associates) we organize our own local championship (on the last local club race at 200mm we were more than 50 guys), plus the National championships and higher level competition.

Maybe are the way you have choosen, let to LHS the duties of building the tracks and the LHS aren't the salvation army, so they need to pay the rent, taxes and others (better said, you are paying their rents, taxes and others). Here the LHS doesn't are in charge of that and this could be the key. Just imagine 50 guys creating a club and paying 30US$ each month (just a rough example...), there's 1500US$ each month for building the track.

I resist to think that in Atlanta there aren't 50 guys wanting to have a nice permanent track just to run, practice an bash.... 200US$ for a practice day seems to me a little steep, each day I'll go to practice costs me much less (hardly 40 or 50 Euros) counting tyres, fuel and the proportional part of the mensual fee I pay to the club.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:36 AM   #155
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
This is one of the things that ever amazed me from you (US boys). Here at Europe, tracks aren't owned by the hobby shops, the clubs are formed by individuals and if you want to use a track, you need to be member of that club for a closed fee (monthly, yearly, etc...), this gives you free and unlimited access to the track (you may want to practice at 4AM with your new Nitro car? ok.. you can, but the neighbors can shoot you too. ) and their facilities.

Along this, in many cases, the the clubs are fairly big (mine local club has more than 350 associates) we organize our own local championship (on the last local club race at 200mm we were more than 50 guys), plus the National championships and higher level competition.

Maybe are the way you have choosen, let to LHS the duties of building the tracks and the LHS aren't the salvation army, so they need to pay the rent, taxes and others (better said, you are paying their rents, taxes and others). Here the LHS doesn't are in charge of that and this could be the key. Just imagine 50 guys creating a club and paying 30US$ each month (just a rough example...), there's 1500US$ each month for building the track.

I resist to think that in Atlanta there aren't 50 guys wanting to have a nice permanent track just to run, practice an bash.... 200US$ for a practice day seems to me a little steep, each day I'll go to practice costs me much less (hardly 40 or 50 Euros) counting tyres, fuel and the proportional part of the mensual fee I pay to the club.
Hey no groans from me sounds like an excellent idea for a monthly fee.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #156
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R

that isn't completely true. there are a fair number of club tracks here in the states. my home track is a club(tsrcar) and i am thankful for it since locally we have found out the hard way how hobbyshop tracks come and go but the club track is doing great and should be here for a long time.I totally agree that a club is the way to go but you have to find the right leaders who will invest the time into getting it done right. without those people it won't work imo.
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #157
Tech Elite

There is a high percentage of club operated tracks for on-road, here in the states. More store owned tracks for off-road. Not much difference in cost of racing between a store owned track v.s. club operation.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:26 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

I've lived close to Atlanta for more than 9 years and all the clubs in a radius of 250 miles are commercial.

It's the American consume and forget mentality that prohibits more club tracks, since they demand more involvement than just come and race....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #159
Tech Adept

One problem with clubs (at least the several that I have belonged to) is that 20% of the people do 80% of the work.

With the astronomy club I used to belong to there were 8 or 9 members (out of 50-55 total annual membership) who hosted the bi-weekly starwatches and worked on the annual starparty. We often had trouble having a quorum (8) for our meetings. I worked every event for 5 years, sometimes alone, before I became burned out.

Telescope for sale.
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 AM   #160
Tech Fanatic

We have in the works right now to build A.R.O.C.C a club track.It will be ran by the club in a county park. Working on it
D-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #161
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are we any closer to having a track to race at in the Atlanta area?
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #162
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man
We have in the works right now to build A.R.O.C.C a club track.It will be ran by the club in a county park. Working on it
Do you have an idea where it will be located? Will the track be of the same quality as the Sugar Hill track? That is the nicest asphalt I have seen.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #163
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

We will be starting an "AROCC CLUB CHAMPINSHIP SERIES" in June. There will
be 6 qualifying races. The first race will be next weekend. The other 5
races will occur every other weekend. The dates will be as follows:
- June 4th.
- June 18th.
- July 2nd.
- July 16th.
- July 30th.
- Final: August 13th!

We will count, for each driver, only 4 races out of the six (two throw
away). Also the first race of June 4th AND the final race of August 13th
will count DOUBLE.

The point count will be explained by Bob Malphurs on Sunday.

Make sure you all come this weekend and get ready for this Championship
series!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #164
Tech Adept

I'm sure it all depends where you go but yes only the serious hardcore are racing if you added all the fee's, traveling,parts etc it is very expensive it's a very serious hobby imo. Some people have said its a dead hobby but it really isn't so many people go out and find parking lots or have the own property of some sort and just go bashing
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #165
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

yeah, but that's only fun for so long. It's not like really racing on a perfectly prepared track.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote