R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally posted by YR4Dude
Again you fail to see to see the obvious. The point is that people nowadays are more willing to "Buy" their way out of problems rather than to fix it on their own. In the case of the Xray, you're "Buying" all the extra precision and fitment. Why do you think they call it a "Luxury Touring Car" Just the same with an RTR you are paying for the "Luxury" of not building the kit.

Kit building is a craft. Some may build a kit better than others depending on how much extra time and "EFFORT" is spent on the kit.
I do see what you are saying, I have the whole time. I feel you are trying to put people down for expecting things to be right. I don't agree with your implication that expecting something to work properly or fit properly is somehow worse. If you buy a Chevy instead of a BMW, and the door won't close, are you going to rehang it? I doubt it. If you buy a TV and it doesn't work, are you going to fix it? I doubt this too. Why do you have lower expectations from your RC kits? If you get your enjoyment out of building a kit, thats great. I do not. I buy race quality kits to do just that. Race them. I have no desire to re-engineer them for the people that my purchase has helped to pay them already do that. You are missing the obvious.

Some people do assemble kits with more skill than others, however you shouldn't have to manufacture your own parts or redrill things in order to make it assemble. I obviously have higher expectations from my purchases than you do. I will no longer post on this dead horse subject.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-11-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

go with the RRR. it comes together pretty easy. Most important issue with me is this car has every adjustment there is to think of.

1) ackerman adjustment
2) overdrive pulleys included
3) front and rear roll center adjustment.

Subjective.

1)easier layout to work on
2)less mods needed on the car out of the box.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Fisher
......If you buy a Chevy instead of a BMW, and the door won't close, are you going to rehang it? I doubt it. If you buy a TV and it doesn't work, are you going to fix it? I doubt this too. Why do you have lower expectations from your RC kits? ......
The Chevy, BMW and the TV all come ready made with a warranty and so do RTRs. Why don't you give Traxxas a call.

Perhaps we may meet a the track and race some day. Until then, I will be breaking in my engines, cutting the sprues off my plastic parts, sealing my graphite plate with CA and shimming my the hinge pins.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote