Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry guess I meant great planes.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by wyl03
yes, standard servos will work with a bit of effort

otherwise, try the futaba 9550. low profile servo. will DEFINITELY fit.
is this rowell? just wondering?? thank you
cooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:32 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
sorry guess I meant great planes.
I think you`ll find Kyosho is now being distributed in the USA by Kyosho America.
AndyT © is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:07 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT ©
I think you`ll find Kyosho is now being distributed in the USA by Kyosho America.
Either way, I think you'll find the point Dennis was trying to make was - there is good parts support for either model.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wyl03
yes, standard servos will work with a bit of effort

Anyone with fitment issues that has never handled a hobby knife or Dremel should go to the RTR section of the forum.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:40 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally posted by YR4Dude
Anyone with fitment issues that has never handled a hobby knife or Dremel should go to the RTR section of the forum.
dumb comment. It has no place on this forum. You could just as easily say that a kit should be properly designed and engineered.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:19 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Fisher
dumb comment. It has no place on this forum. You could just as easily say that a kit should be properly designed and engineered.
Obviously you have great expectations from your RC kits. However, I've said this over and over again, this is a HOBBY!! You are buying a hobby kit not a "turn key" BMW!! In all the 15 or so years I've been doing this there hasn't been one kit that didn't require some improvement from either a hobby knife or Dremel.

The basis for my comment is that nowadays too many people are willing to "BUY" their way to a solution rather than devise a solution of their own. In this case the talk was about buying a servos that fit rather than slotting a few holes on the radio tray to make other servos fit.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Z00M
Either way, I think you'll find the point Dennis was trying to make was - there is good parts support for either model.
apparently,dennis hasn't talked to cruizin' with RC's in ramsey NJ....heres a hobbyshop with 9 pages of kyosho parts to order.....they(kyosho USA) have one guy,no parts,and no answers.....will things get better?....I'm sure....would I buy a kyosho yet?....no way....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
apparently,dennis hasn't talked to cruizin' with RC's in ramsey NJ....heres a hobbyshop with 9 pages of kyosho parts to order.....they(kyosho USA) have one guy,no parts,and no answers.....will things get better?....I'm sure....would I buy a kyosho yet?....no way....
Surely that just makes the choice simple then - Buy the Mongoose!!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i say mongoose because its cheaper and u dont have parts quality issues like the triple r.and also i drive 4 rd logics. the mongoose is hella fast . and alot of people at my local track is swicthing to mongoose .
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Obviously you have great expectations from your RC kits. However, I've said this over and over again, this is a HOBBY!! You are buying a hobby kit not a "turn key" BMW!! In all the 15 or so years I've been doing this there hasn't been one kit that didn't require some improvement from either a hobby knife or Dremel.

The basis for my comment is that nowadays too many people are willing to "BUY" their way to a solution rather than devise a solution of their own. In this case the talk was about buying a servos that fit rather than slotting a few holes on the radio tray to make other servos fit.
Some of these kits cost quite a bit of money. A properly designed and manufactured kit is NOT too much to expect. Its great that you are willing to fix teh little issues that come up. I have as well, but just because I am willing to fix the problem, doesn't meant that it isn't a problem. I am no longer talking about any particular kit. I think the attitude of "hey, sell me whatever it doesn't matter" is detrimental to all of the consumers. Why would a kit builder want to fix a problem, if nobody complains about it? I don't think this is great expectations. Parts fitting, aluminum being machined correctly, etc is not a high expectation, it is a minimum expectation.
Obviously you have not built a Mugen or an Xray.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 05-10-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Obviously you have not built a Mugen, or an Xray.
i have to agree.
i must say, i didn't have much problems with all the kyosho cars i've had in the past.

it's all RELATIVE. while i will not hesitate to use hobby knife or dremel where or when required, i know some kits require a lot less work than others.

ANYWAY ... we're talking about the Mongoose here, and i'm hoping for more good things out of this car, with RDL's support.
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:06 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:

Obviously you have not built a Mugen or an Xray.
Again you fail to see to see the obvious. The point is that people nowadays are more willing to "Buy" their way out of problems rather than to fix it on their own. In the case of the Xray, you're "Buying" all the extra precision and fitment. Why do you think they call it a "Luxury Touring Car" Just the same with an RTR you are paying for the "Luxury" of not building the kit at all!!

Kit building is a craft. Some may build a kit better than others depending on how much extra time and "EFFORT" is spent on the kit.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I catch where you are coming from, but if I spend $480 on a RRR I expect it to go together flawlessly.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Again you fail to see to see the obvious. The point is that people nowadays are more willing to "Buy" their way out of problems rather than to fix it on their own. In the case of the Xray, you're "Buying" all the extra precision and fitment. Why do you think they call it a "Luxury Touring Car" Just the same with an RTR you are paying for the "Luxury" of not building the kit at all!!

Kit building is a craft. Some may build a kit better than others depending on how much extra time and "EFFORT" is spent on the kit.
Correct.......No matter how smooth a kit goes together theres always little things you can do to make it better.....freeing up suspension.....drivetrain ...etc. and i dont care what kit it is it can always be better.
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote