R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default How do I change gear mesh in NT1?

The title sounds to be a stupid question but I just don't understand how to do it in my NT1. The gear mesh happens to be right when I built it so I didn't have to worry about it but the lower engine mount is supposed to be moving so as to adjust the mesh but the mounts have only round holes where the screws go in. They don't have one of those sliding holes like electric motor mount. How do you do it really? Did I just get defected part?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Tech Regular

use the bolts on the motor. once the mesh is correct you can change gears without readjusting the engine/mesh.
the lower mount does not move, and thats really good. its the only car i know off with this and its great.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
use the bolts on the motor. once the mesh is correct you can change gears without readjusting the engine/mesh.
the lower mount does not move, and thats really good. its the only car i know off with this and its great.
Thanks but I still don't get it because the upper motor mounts don't have sliding holes either. There's a little nipple in lower mounts that go into a dent in bottoms of upper mounts. They are total round males and females that fit to each other. And it's not like the motor has sliding holes. I thought of using smaller socket heads but it doesn't make a sense because the engine will be loose eventually if I do that.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

the motor screws themselves have a little bit of wiggle if you back them off which is enough to adust the mesh. then if you have to pull the motor, just unscrew the lower screws. comes in and out without any adjustment after.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
the motor screws themselves have a little bit of wiggle if you back them off which is enough to adust the mesh. then if you have to pull the motor, just unscrew the lower screws. comes in and out without any adjustment after.
I see. I just couldn't think of a concept that you can "Not" tighten the screws all the way, especially when a car has a lot of vibration like this nitro. I'm a newbie in nitro world but I have several electric cars and still didn't get it. Good to know. Thanks a lot Valk!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

what i mean is the holes in your motor tabs are too big for the screws, so if you loosten the top screws that actually hold the motor to its mounts, you can adjust the mesh. but you wanna loctite those to the mount itself for sure as they will wiggle loose.
the motor mounts themselves wont move as they are keyed to the chassis motor mount.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
what i mean is the holes in your motor tabs are too big for the screws, so if you loosten the top screws that actually hold the motor to its mounts, you can adjust the mesh. but you wanna loctite those to the mount itself for sure as they will wiggle loose.
the motor mounts themselves wont move as they are keyed to the chassis motor mount.
Then the instruction is wrong because it says to loosen the screws from LOWER mounts to adjust the mesh. But like I said, there's no way to do that by the manual. I just checked it on my car and you're right about that. THanks again