Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Rossi R12 Pixi >

Rossi R12 Pixi

Rossi R12 Pixi

Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just order an R12 Pixi with Novarossi - 51603 Pipe does anyone have any suggestion ? or how about Novarossi RS 12 T5 'Race' which one is better
Old 05-16-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I've just put a Pixy in my V1RR, replaced an MT-12. THere is no contest here the PIXY is far quicker than the MT-12. MUCH better down low. My son is running the Sirio Roar legal version and although it is very good on the top end I think this engine is better all through the powerband. We have dragged several times and I never relinquish the initial lead I gain off the line over him. We are running similar cars V1RR with the Pixy and a Reflex with the Sirio, gearing is almost exactly the same. Anyway, I am pleased with it.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:10 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default .12

The truth is, all competitive .12 engines are the same

if you can drive, u can win wif RB, Novarossi, Sirio, Rossi, Jp, Collari, etc

Old 05-17-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree with your assessment of drivers making the biggest difference, however I disagree with the "truth." Two almost equal drivers in the same car will notice the difference, possibly the lesser skilled driver will have enough edge to put one over the more skilled guy. A subtlety for sure, but engines can make a difference, I believe.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

yap me2 i agree skill are important but without a good new tech engine u r like ride on bikecycle want to beat a motobike.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:38 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default oops

Oops

hehe
i dont meant he Truth as in the "Ultimate truth"

i mean, generally all the top of the line engines are all very competitive !|( not those beginner ones, etc )

i run an RB x12 and running wif novarossi's, Rossi's and Sirio, well
in my opinion, not one engine have a BIG advantage over the other ones

hehe

thats my opinion only though
Old 05-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

It was meant totally for fun, I tend to focus on engines and tires my favorite areas to tune with. If only I was a wealthy person, eh?
My experience with the legal Pixy has been so good I wonder how the 5 port version performs. Anyone here have the 5 port version?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just a my Pixy Black as im still new so this is my first engine, so can anyone here teach me how to break it in ?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Tango
I just a my Pixy Black as im still new so this is my first engine, so can anyone here teach me how to break it in ?
here's the guide from Paris racing...
Attached Files
File Type: txt
paris engine tuning tips1.txt (36.2 KB, 392 views)
Old 05-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

RClover: thank you very much... look like i gonna do some study for it now...
Old 05-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default Head Shims

Do u guys that run the Pixy add extra Shims (total 2 shims that comes with the motor) to run with 30% nitro fuels? What is the total thickness for the shims should i have for using 30% nitro? I'm using McCoy Plug MC-8 (Medium range).

Also, what are your main and low needle setting after breaking?

I did tried 4.5 turn (from close) for main needle and 4 turn (from close) for low needle as reference to Trinity website, but apparently it seem lean, and it should be more turn then that. It run great for 5 mins but then the idle just die after that....and it won't start or difficult to get it start again.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Head Shims

Originally posted by nizee
Do u guys that run the Pixy add extra Shims (total 2 shims that comes with the motor) to run with 30% nitro fuels? What is the total thickness for the shims should i have for using 30% nitro? I'm using McCoy Plug MC-8 (Medium range).

Also, what are your main and low needle setting after breaking?

I did tried 4.5 turn (from close) for main needle and 4 turn (from close) for low needle as reference to Trinity website, but apparently it seem lean, and it should be more turn then that. It run great for 5 mins but then the idle just die after that....and it won't start or difficult to get it start again.
Is this the 3 port Nizee? I don't have any clue on this engine. Very interested to get one myself. Possibly the 5 port version From my limited experience, it sounds like the plug is too hot. I may be wrong.

Anyway, you could always try adding 0.1 mm shims one at a time and see how it performs. By doing this, I believe you are actually simulating a colder plug but at the same time reducing the compression.

What is the fuel consumption in minutes per tank? You can guestimate if it's running lean or rich that way.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Head Shims

Originally posted by InitialD
Is this the 3 port Nizee? I don't have any clue on this engine. Very interested to get one myself. Possibly the 5 port version From my limited experience, it sounds like the plug is too hot. I may be wrong.

Anyway, you could always try adding 0.1 mm shims one at a time and see how it performs. By doing this, I believe you are actually simulating a colder plug but at the same time reducing the compression.

What is the fuel consumption in minutes per tank? You can guestimate if it's running lean or rich that way.
InitialD,
Yes, it is the 3-Port Pixy. The 5-port Pixy is a power house!! I did ever see the 5-Port outrun the Serpent Impact car with .15 engine (i have no idea what engine the impact have, which i guess it more then 3 port since iin the outlaw class) in the outlaw class.

Now i have 2 shim in there, but i don't know the thickness, maybe i measure it tomorrow and the weekend to try it out again. Thats the idea i'm trying to do by reducing the compression since i'm running 30% nitro. Also i forgot to check the fuel, everytime i enter the pit area, my pit man fill it up....hmmm....

Now i have probally about more then 5 turns on the top and abt 4.5 turn on the bottom....but the symptom doesn't sound like it rich....coz it hard to start again after that....
To rich it even further....i kinda skepticle about it...since is what...5 Turns out??? Maybe this is my first Pixy Engine i never had so much turn out for high and low needle.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Head Shims

Originally posted by nizee
InitialD,
Yes, it is the 3-Port Pixy. The 5-port Pixy is a power house!! I did ever see the 5-Port outrun the Serpent Impact car with .15 engine (i have no idea what engine the impact have, which i guess it more then 3 port since iin the outlaw class) in the outlaw class.

Now i have 2 shim in there, but i don't know the thickness, maybe i measure it tomorrow and the weekend to try it out again. Thats the idea i'm trying to do by reducing the compression since i'm running 30% nitro. Also i forgot to check the fuel, everytime i enter the pit area, my pit man fill it up....hmmm....

Now i have probally about more then 5 turns on the top and abt 4.5 turn on the bottom....but the symptom doesn't sound like it rich....coz it hard to start again after that....
To rich it even further....i kinda skepticle about it...since is what...5 Turns out??? Maybe this is my first Pixy Engine i never had so much turn out for high and low needle.
Ummm, who is this pit man? Pitracer?

Anyway, I am told that the newer Pixys (3 port and 5 port versions) have newer carbs on them. They are bored out the same like the ones you find on JP engines Just making a guess here... The reason why the carb needles need so many turn out is probably due to the efficiency of the carb sucking in air

About the needle settings, my MS engine takes about 5 turns out on the HEN and about 3.5 turns out on the LEN. I'm surprised myself that the needles need to be tuned out that much. Very much different from another MS engines a friend of mine is running with the same fuel... But then again different plug and pipe.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Que
Tech Adept

Default I love this engine

.12 Pixi Rules 3 Port!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.