R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-29-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default yokomo GT-4 clutch

HI everybody

Quick question? Iam puyying my car togeater and I cant figure out how the heck am I supposed to tightin the clutch nut on to the crank shaft? It seems like there is no space left? Iam useing the RB concepts X12 motor. Any help would be greatly apprecated.
madmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 04:55 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I dont Know What You are Talking about for Sure but if the Flywheel Keeps Spinning When You Try To tighten it You Will Need a Piston Locking Tool Of some Kind I belive traxxes makes 1
Also You Can Hydra-Lock the Piston too With After run oil. Personally I use a Traxxes Type locking tool And I know People Will Say it puts Stress On the Piston and Rod But If you Stuff Is that Weak you Need to replace it anyway. I have used this tool a Million times with No problems this is the Duratraxx tool Hope this Helps.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXD567&P=7
Snake_bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 07:09 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks Snake

My problem is that it seems the threds on the crank shaft are a little bit off. Iam thinking I'll have to somehow push the flywheel down to get clutch nut to hit the crank shafts threads. Oh thanks for the link. I dont have a problem with it spinning. That will be on the list of things to get .

thanks
Old 09-30-2001, 07:16 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Meaning the threads are Cut Short? If so You Might Be able to Use a Differant Style Clutch Nut That might help if you can get 1 to match your Clutch Bell.
Snake_bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 07:20 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Yes thats what iam thinking snake. I think it may be a Yok thing or I am really stupid and dont really know what Iam doing. You whould think when you buy the kit with a "super" motor everything would fit. Iam just going call Yokomo tomarrow and see what they say. Right now I get to find a lost e-clip that went flying. Hey does anybody know if the GT-4 kit has a few extas clips?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2001, 08:35 PM   #6
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It seems you dont have the right collet. You should get a thinner collet so that your flywheel can sit lower/closer to the engine.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

humm...talking about clutches, i was wondering, engines shouldnt vibrate that much right? i hold one of my friends car before and notice that it didnt vibrate that much! not as much as mine!! i was wondering if the clutch is unbalanced, would this make the car twice as much! im using the OFNA Centex clutch with lots of balls.....
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 06:29 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Hey Manacore that sounds like the problem. Would it work if I shave the top down a bit? I really that would work but i didnt really want to start shaveing stuff when I dont have to yet its my understanding you have to you get to do that with Yok kits.

Thanks for the tip
Old 10-03-2001, 06:37 PM   #9
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by madmacs
Hey Manacore that sounds like the problem. Would it work if I shave the top down a bit? I really that would work but i didnt really want to start shaveing stuff when I dont have to yet its my understanding you have to you get to do that with Yok kits.

Thanks for the tip
the kit should have come together with the right collet. I think you can get one from yokomo but I am not quite sure about it.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 08:53 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

Your right manacore. The kit should be right yet I think I wil shave the booger down ans see what happens. I may even talk to Yok some day.

thanks again
Old 10-06-2001, 11:47 PM   #11
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Lightbulb

What crank do you have? SG or standard?

They both need different type of collets. Just make sure you didn't lose one.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 06:48 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Hey Dan the shaft is standard. The other collet wont even make it down to the threads on the crankshaft. I'll just have to breakdown and call Yok and see what they say.

thanks guys