R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help on selecting a car

Hi guys was wondering if i could get some advice on choosing a car to buy to get back into racing. I used to race in the gas tourer class 1/10th scale about 10 years ago with a kyosho v one s but times have changed alot and i have no idea what to purchase to get back into the sport. Iam not looking for anything super serious just something i can have fun with and be some what competitive. Also any advice on choosing radio gear as i had an am crystal controller back then as well lol.

Thanks guys

Luke
chevit08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevit08 View Post
Hi guys was wondering if i could get some advice on choosing a car to buy to get back into racing. I used to race in the gas tourer class 1/10th scale about 10 years ago with a kyosho v one s but times have changed alot and i have no idea what to purchase to get back into the sport. Iam not looking for anything super serious just something i can have fun with and be some what competitive. Also any advice on choosing radio gear as i had an am crystal controller back then as well lol.

Thanks guys

Luke
Xray NT1R and Futaba 4PL or Sanwa MT4.

Also, if you are going to race in a track, you should look what the other guys are running and what your Local hobby shop carries.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I agree if a strong 1/10 contingent or go GT class same radio choices but it all depends what they run regularly around you

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeroth View Post
I agree if a strong 1/10 contingent or go GT class same radio choices but it all depends what they run regularly around you
What he said. For example, I run and sell Edam, which is pretty good and a lot cheaper than everyone else. However, to the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one in the states doing it, so your parts support would either come from me or directly from the factory overseas, and I don't move as quickly as I should (busy with work and rheumatoid arthritis slows me down.) There is a lot of sense in running what the guys around you are running in case you need parts on the spot, or tech advice. Unfortunately, to break out of the mold, you either need to be willing to take a chance or simply can't afford the other, high priced stuff...or just like being different.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
What he said. For example, I run and sell Edam, which is pretty good and a lot cheaper than everyone else. However, to the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one in the states doing it, so your parts support would either come from me or directly from the factory overseas, and I don't move as quickly as I should (busy with work and rheumatoid arthritis slows me down.) There is a lot of sense in running what the guys around you are running in case you need parts on the spot, or tech advice. Unfortunately, to break out of the mold, you either need to be willing to take a chance or simply can't afford the other, high priced stuff...or just like being different.
so far you have given me pretty good parts support for running something Different

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
Suspended

Nitro rc cars are also extremely well-known. Their performance, option and affordability mean that they are feasible probably the most well-known sort of rc car. You will find so numerous diverse kinds to select from but the two simple categories are off road and on road.
charlesnitrotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for the advice ill just head down to the local club and check out what cars they are running i dont want to spend to much on my first car as were saving for a house deposit at present so budget is tight but i miss the sport so much dieing to get back into it
chevit08 is offline   Reply With Quote