R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Noob help What's a good value/performance steering servo for TMG4 In the 45-65 range

Guys I am new to RC cars I fly heli's I had a race around the track and Brooklands my local club recently (more of a poodle round the track really) and I striped my steering servo after a extremly minor clip with the barrier.

I want to replace it with something half decent around the 45-65 price range or $90-130 thats less likely to break in a minor ding. Whats your recomendations thanks guys.
wildstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Noob help What's a good value/performance steering servo for TMG4 In the 45-65 range

Quote:
Originally posted by wildstallion
Guys I am new to RC cars I fly heli's I had a race around the track and Brooklands my local club recently (more of a poodle round the track really) and I striped my steering servo after a extremly minor clip with the barrier.

I want to replace it with something half decent around the 45-65 price range or $90-130 thats less likely to break in a minor ding. Whats your recomendations thanks guys.
I don't know prices in the UK but in the US you can get just about top of the line steering servo for $90-$130. Either KO 2343 or 2363 would be great.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Futaba S9550 x 2., good enough for G4 yet give planty of space for wiring and fail save
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Use the Futaba 9550. The lower profile gives a little extra room.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thank for your help guys this is the best forum I seem to have come across for touring cars. One last question can you tell me what sort of torque requirement I need for a steering servo.

There were two others I was think about aslo the new high speed titanium geaed Hitec servo...

The "HSC-5996TG"

http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_fs.htm

Or the Multiplex "Multiplex Profi Speed Digi"

http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm
wildstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

You are probably going to get lots of opinions on this one. I would say you don't NEED more than 70oz. Remember more doesnt hurt. I usually go for speedy servos. I want things to move as my hands move. A digital is not a bad choice for steering either. Do remember that a digital does draw more electricity. I cannot comment on the new Hitecs. I have never had problems with Hitecs when used for steering. That being said, I normally run Airtronics analog servos.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
Tech Adept

go to rc mushroom and get the futaba s9451.
they sel in$ .
nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wildstallion
Thank for your help guys this is the best forum I seem to have come across for touring cars. One last question can you tell me what sort of torque requirement I need for a steering servo.

There were two others I was think about aslo the new high speed titanium geaed Hitec servo...

The "HSC-5996TG"

http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_fs.htm

Or the Multiplex "Multiplex Profi Speed Digi"

http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm
Are you sure you want those ?, G4 is limited with the space in the car , it might take you some hardwork to fit those servo in , also you have to consider the place to put those wire nice and clean. I have alot of trouble with that until i get my S9550 and also they DO NOT come with appropriate servo horn for hitec i think
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote