Hey whats up Ken M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNDIG415
I WONDER WHAT THE PRICE WILL BE? CHOCO
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #122
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Swauger need to find a battery sponser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #123
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Skyline has a 1400 mAh pack.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 PM   #124
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

in Triple A's someone needs to let him know.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:26 PM   #125
Tech Adept

FAST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:53 PM   #126
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Buyer beware just because a pack is rated at 1400 doesn't mean it's really a 1400. Many asian companies will put whatever shrink you want on cells just to sell them.

Josh Cyrul, Paul Lemieux and Ralph Burch all used the SMC IB1200 receiver packs which use a high quality high drain 2/3A NiMh cell. These packs are available from our distributors and retail for 20.00
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Well if it charges up to 1400 mAh and lasts longer than my 1200 than I'd be happy to call it 1400.

The funny thing here is, GP and IB are both Chinese, and Sanyo is Japanese, so what Asian companies are you talking about?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 AM   #128
Company Representative

Measuring a packs mAh input is not always the indication of how much mAh it can give under discharge. The cells internal resistance will have an effect on charge input.

There are many cell manufacturers in Asia. I'm just trying to point out that because you see 1400 mAh on the cells shrink it doesn't mean it really is a 1400.

The IB1200 is a high drain cell which means it can be charged at higher amp rates and can be discharged at higher rates. High drain cells will have better life expectancy than regular type cells.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Measuring a packs mAh input is not always the indication of how much mAh it can give under discharge. The cells internal resistance will have an effect on charge input.

There are many cell manufacturers in Asia. I'm just trying to point out that because you see 1400 mAh on the cells shrink it doesn't mean it really is a 1400.

The IB1200 is a high drain cell which means it can be charged at higher amp rates and can be discharged at higher rates. High drain cells will have better life expectancy than regular type cells.
Having raced electric, I understand the difference between charging and discharging. I am only responding because 1. your "asian companies" stereotype reference and 2. you can promote your product positively without knocking other but you chose not to.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 AM   #130
Company Representative

Do a search for rechargeable battery manufacturers and you will see there are so many companies out there trying to sell cells. Unfortunately not every company has high quality cells like the ones needed in RC car racing.

I have been matching cells for 14 years or so and SMC receives allot of samples from various cell manufacturers and many of those samples simply don't meet the standards needed for RC racing.

IB is a relatively new player in the high end cell market but so far their cells have been as good if not better than what is currently available. GP who has been the leader in this market for the past 3 years also have a good 2/3A cell and it's rated at 1100. If companies like IB and GP offer 1100-1200 cells I find it hard to believe that there are true high quality 1400 available.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:57 AM   #131
Tech Adept

BigDogRacing:

I'm with you there, I knkow that the manufacturers need to do R & D on new product, but when it comes to a national event, the products should be able to be purchased by anyone racing. There's plenty of time for them to try new things on their own time.

What type of car was you running ?

Good luck in the future.
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:56 AM   #132
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Yea they did good on those unobtainable tires- congrats.

And thanks for not sending any extra of those special tires for those of us chasing setups all freakin week. It's so nice to 6 or 7 hundred dollars and get there to find out the manufacturer of the car you are racing backed out of the freakin ROAR Nats (of all things) and there are only two other cars like your there, no factory team support on setups, and to top it off the "select few" are running not just rear tires that I couldn't purchase, borrow or even beg to get some, but they were running front tires that I couldn't get either.

Not that it would have mattered cause I can't wheel like those guys anyway, but damn, it woulda been nice to at least have shown up with a sharp knife to the gunfight!!!
and that would be what brand?....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #133
Tech Fanatic

Actually, the story on the tires is a little more complex than it seems. I despise running tires at big races that we don't sell. All it does is frustrate and anger our customers who support us the rest of the year. In this case, we sent tires to Josh, Ralph, Paul, and Ron to run on Wednesday so they could report back on which compounds were working. We had 200 full sets of tires with the base material mounted, waiting for the racing rubber to be applied back at the factory all for sale to the consumer. Since we did not know what durometer we would be running, we were waiting for feedback from our team. The team tires were delayed in Louisville because of bad weather and did not arrive until Thursday. I called all day Thursday, but each driver was running something different and the track was changing constantly so it was difficult to determine what was working. To make a long story short, we never sent the 200 sets because we ran out of time and because we never really settled on what we wanted to run. (As it turned out, they all ran something a little different from each other). I'm glad we won, but it would have been nice if we had a large number of people running the tires.
As far as the comments regarding the batteries... no one is stereotyping anyone here. Danny is simply stating facts. We get 3 or 4 inquiries a month regarding new cells from China. We evaluate all of them we can. This is why we settled on IB at a time when GP was the cell of choice. If we had not been trying new cells, we would not have found out how good they were. A lot of companies, however, sell cells that are below the nominal capacity listed on the labels.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:30 AM   #134
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

good morning Ken "choco" (GRUNDIG415)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #135
Tech Adept

Jack:

When will these 2 stage type tires be fully available from the local hobby shops ?
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote