Tech Adept

Default Jaco Stage 2 tires ???????

What are the stage 2 tires ??
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:17 PM   #107
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fastrcracer

Two stage tires are tires which have one compound wrapped by another. Two stage tires are often reffered to as wraps. Jaco makes the best ones out there. Jaco also makes two stage tires for 12th scale. Hope this helps.

Congrats Josh

Chris Mazzola
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #108
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Yea where are the pics?

And where can I get some jaco stage 2's. Or are they even out yet.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Josh. He deserved one.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Cyrul runs with the g4 right.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #111
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Cyrul runs with the g4 right.
No he runs for Kyosho.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Oh, I don't know why I thought he ran the g4. But J lin , how did you do?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:31 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazzo
Fastrcracer

Two stage tires are tires which have one compound wrapped by another. Two stage tires are often reffered to as wraps. Jaco makes the best ones out there. Jaco also makes two stage tires for 12th scale. Hope this helps.

Congrats Josh

Chris Mazzola

Hello Chris, could you tell me the 2 compounds and which is the first soft or hard. Thanks
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:42 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

g4? Josh? lol thats fuuny
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:43 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Oh, I don't know why I thought he ran the g4. But J lin , how did you do?
not the same j lin
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:45 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Oh......
How did swaguer do.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:46 PM   #117
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
not the same j lin
LOL...I've seen you post that a few times.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Congratulations to Josh for winning the Nats on the new JACO 2-stage tires. Also thanks to Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux, and Ron Atomic for running strong on the tires too. Josh, Ralph, and Paul also ran the new SMC IB1200 high voltage receiver packs in their cars. OK, I'm done with the shameless plugs.
Yea they did good on those unobtainable tires- congrats.

And thanks for not sending any extra of those special tires for those of us chasing setups all freakin week. It's so nice to 6 or 7 hundred dollars and get there to find out the manufacturer of the car you are racing backed out of the freakin ROAR Nats (of all things) and there are only two other cars like your there, no factory team support on setups, and to top it off the "select few" are running not just rear tires that I couldn't purchase, borrow or even beg to get some, but they were running front tires that I couldn't get either.

Not that it would have mattered cause I can't wheel like those guys anyway, but damn, it woulda been nice to at least have shown up with a sharp knife to the gunfight!!!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #119
Tech Regular

Here's the report I got.

1) Cyrul
2) Tosolini
3) Morganti

Swauger was doing well but possibly had a mechanical. Paolo was doing well and Also Had a mechanical. That's all I got.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:09 PM   #120
Tech Addict

I'll get all the official results posted ater on Sgrid Online shortly, but the top three finishers in Masters Class were:
Harry Hannanouchi 128 laps
Maxy Velazco 128 laps
Tim Copp 127 laps

The ROAR Sedan National Class was run shortly after. As many people expected, Mike Swauger dominated from the get-go - even when he got in the middle of traffic that wanted to run at a faster pace than he did, it didn't take long for him to get up front and start pulling away. Unfortunately, 18 minutes into the race, it started to rain, and the racers were called in.

A couple of hours later, the race was resumed. There would be another 44 minute race, and the results of this would be combined with the results from the first 18 minutes to determine the winners. Mike Swauger once again dominated. Clearly, he and his Mugen "owned" the track, or at least they did until Mike's battery pack dumped. Josh Cyrul inherited the lead, and Josh (with his 1200 mah batteries) had clear sailing to the finish.

There were numerous problems however. First, it was difficult to sort out who "won" the first 18-minute run, as some racers came in when the race was called, while others made sure to go to the start/finish line to get their last lap in. Then too, there were racers who had flamed out, and because the timing line was right after the pits, it was decided that any racer doing this for the rest of the race would receive a 15-second penalty (so they didn't benefit from running out of fuel and restarting again from the pits). Paolo Morganti was given an 8-second penalty, as his car had several flame-outs and was re-started from the pits during that first 18-minute session of the race. There were also problems with lap counting, as both Mike Swauger and Paolo Morganti had batteries die during the race, and had to come in for replacements. The people in timing and scoring first started to count manually, but then after the new packs were installed, these cars got double-counts until things were sorted out. At any rate, with Mike Swauger being out of contention because of the battery problem, Josh Cyrul took over the lead and held it for the remainder of the race.

Unofficial results were announced after a long delay, and most of the racers disagreed with them. Protests were filed, and the track crew went back to the timing and scoring building, to review the video tape of the race for the third time. After three to four hours, the results were announced. The posted results still don't agree with what most of the racers thought they would be, but after doing their best, and reviewing the video tapes three times, counting each car, the results were now official. Most of the racers had gone home by then, so it was a very small crowd hanging around for photos, etc. Full results for all mains will be listed on SGrid Online. The top three finishers were:
Josh Cyrul 186 laps
Chris Tosolini 182 laps
Paolo Morganti 182 laps

The full race report, photos, etc., will be published in the next issue of Nitro Magazine, which goes to press in about one week. It should be out in about a month. Watch for it!!
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote