R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #211
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6
You hit the nail on the head there as they put me into 3rd place in masters since they dot't know how to read lap times I was runnig 19 and 20sec laps andthey took one 19sec lap away. after a flame out I passed the leader and got my lap back so Jlaps show me as the only one getting a lap on that line just as its shows no lap when you get passed by the leader.so thats the one they took then they tell me its a 15sec peantly for the flame out so I lose a lap and get a peantly so at end of race it showed

Harry 128 45m05s
maxy 127 45m 14s
Tim 127 dnf

now with out losing a lap I would have 128 (2nd place)
also does not having 127 dnf beat out 127 45m14sas I would be on my 128 lap

just me being a little upset after waiting for 3 1/2 hr thinking Iam 2nd then getting the 3rd place without time to file a protest
Actually if what you say is treu you would have won! 128 dnf is faster than a 128 with a finish time.....
Even with the results you posted you'd be second....
Old 07-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #212
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
I would care to differ with you. I realize this one occassion was an operator error, but the real problem with Jlap is the software the database is driven from. Practically everywhere I've ever raced where they had Jlap running there were database problems. We spent over $800 on Jlap and tried for over a year to get it to work properly. The results were pitiful. We even lost racers because of the frustration. You can rest assured my partner and I are fluent with operating Jlap. We did everything short of rewriting the database program.

The best advice I can offer to track owners that have Jlap is; if you have a copy that works with your current computer, then don't upgrade the software and don't purchase a new computer- you are one of the lucky ones.
Dunno how my local track has gotten away with problem free running of the software...There was only 1 problem (at my track with JLap), and that was a printing issue that was resolved by next race day (didn't have web access or else JL would have dialed-in)...

Oh well....Didn't want to turn this into a timing system discussion

Jpilone - awesome pics...makes me want to consider a road trip
Old 07-23-2005, 12:33 PM   #213
Tech Addict

I asked Mikey if I could get a shot of him with his TQ car before the
Main; here's the photo:

mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #214
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

lol

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:38 PM   #215
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Nice!!!!!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #216
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thats a BIG bump next to that car hate to hit it at speed
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

WOW!! I don't remember mike's car being that big when I painted it.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:59 PM   #218

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

thanks for all the compliments on the photos guys. I have a big batch to upload tonight when I get home from work (edited a ton last night)
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:49 PM   #219

Next batch is uploaded.

http://www.jpsportspics.com/gallery/05sedan_nats
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #220
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemyers
I'll get all the official results posted ater on Sgrid Online shortly, but the top three finishers in Masters Class were:
Harry Hannanouchi 128 laps
Maxy Velazco 128 laps
Tim Copp 127 laps

The ROAR Sedan National Class was run shortly after. As many people expected, Mike Swauger dominated from the get-go - even when he got in the middle of traffic that wanted to run at a faster pace than he did, it didn't take long for him to get up front and start pulling away. Unfortunately, 18 minutes into the race, it started to rain, and the racers were called in.

A couple of hours later, the race was resumed. There would be another 44 minute race, and the results of this would be combined with the results from the first 18 minutes to determine the winners. Mike Swauger once again dominated. Clearly, he and his Mugen "owned" the track, or at least they did until Mike's battery pack dumped. Josh Cyrul inherited the lead, and Josh (with his 1200 mah batteries) had clear sailing to the finish.

There were numerous problems however. First, it was difficult to sort out who "won" the first 18-minute run, as some racers came in when the race was called, while others made sure to go to the start/finish line to get their last lap in. Then too, there were racers who had flamed out, and because the timing line was right after the pits, it was decided that any racer doing this for the rest of the race would receive a 15-second penalty (so they didn't benefit from running out of fuel and restarting again from the pits). Paolo Morganti was given an 8-second penalty, as his car had several flame-outs and was re-started from the pits during that first 18-minute session of the race. There were also problems with lap counting, as both Mike Swauger and Paolo Morganti had batteries die during the race, and had to come in for replacements. The people in timing and scoring first started to count manually, but then after the new packs were installed, these cars got double-counts until things were sorted out. At any rate, with Mike Swauger being out of contention because of the battery problem, Josh Cyrul took over the lead and held it for the remainder of the race.

Unofficial results were announced after a long delay, and most of the racers disagreed with them. Protests were filed, and the track crew went back to the timing and scoring building, to review the video tape of the race for the third time. After three to four hours, the results were announced. The posted results still don't agree with what most of the racers thought they would be, but after doing their best, and reviewing the video tapes three times, counting each car, the results were now official. Most of the racers had gone home by then, so it was a very small crowd hanging around for photos, etc. Full results for all mains will be listed on SGrid Online. The top three finishers were:
Josh Cyrul 186 laps
Chris Tosolini 182 laps
Paolo Morganti 182 laps

The full race report, photos, etc., will be published in the next issue of Nitro Magazine, which goes to press in about one week. It should be out in about a month. Watch for it!!
You really was at the Nationals??

Dear Mr. Myers, i really appreciate a lot your work bringing us really high quality pictures and very accurate race report, but this time let me tell you that seems that you either was not on location (and i know that you was there because even if i haven`t the pleasure to meet you, i saw you) or you was too busy taking pictures that you did not see the event.
Let me tell you that i am a hardcore Mugen supporter and customer and a Swager fan (the best driver in US from my point of view) but when i was reading your article (that by the way is the same that has being published in MyTSN, Sgrid, just slightly modified ) i had to read it several time because seems to me that what you write was not really reflecting the reality (a Journalist should write just the facts, not the opinions)
When you start describing the A main you said "Mike Swauger dominated from the get-go Mike started in the lead, but had traffic catch up to him, with Mikey running in the middle of the pack for a while" Actually, he start in the first place but after a few laps the Serpent driver Paulo catch him and pass him very agressively (there is a picture of this agressive pass on Mr. Pilone website) Paulo was streching the lead (also because his first pist stop was almost 1 minute later than Swager) but he flame out and so Mike took again the 1st. Is a little bit different from what you wrote.
The remark is because reading your article, you tend to believe that the event was totally dominated by Mugen and Swager (wich is not far to be true) and leave the others look like amateurs. Burch was very fast, Cyrul was fast, won the race. The Serpent cars where looking really good (fastest 5 minutes qualyfier) and Paulo was consistently fast the whole week.
So even if i am happy reading awesome things about my hero, it will be more interesting and fair if you stick to the facts

Best Regards

Mike Rendon
miker2209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 PM   #221

wow....

IMHO, Swauger had the fastest car of the event for sure, and he was the unfortunate recipient of contact from Paolo in the opening laps of the main (as I caught on camera). Paolo wasn't as fast as Swauger was (again, my opinion from how they both looked on the track), but was more agressive on his driving, which made him look faster. Swauger definitely had the HP at that race.

Thanks for props on the pics.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #222

here's the picture in question. Paolo Morganti going by Mike Swauger

Old 07-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #223
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpilone
wow....

IMHO, Swauger had the fastest car of the event for sure, and he was the unfortunate recipient of contact from Paolo in the opening laps of the main (as I caught on camera). Paolo wasn't as fast as Swauger was (again, my opinion from how they both looked on the track), but was more agressive on his driving, which made him look faster. Swauger definitely had the HP at that race.

Thanks for props on the pics.
Thanks for the pic Mr. Pilone. On the 2nd part of the race Swager had the best car (and actually was gone ), but in the first part the fastest was Paulo (more or less agressive, the laptimes of the first part show that) and beside that, the unfortunate contact betwen both of them in the first few laps was because Paulo catch Mike and pass him.

Thanks for your hard work and awsome pics
miker2209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:30 PM   #224
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 04-14-2007 at 12:10 PM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fellas,

You can split hairs all day long about who dominated who, but the simple fact that in the end, Josh Cyrul won the event and his weapon of choice was the Kyosho V one RRR. Texas locals Ron Atomic, Ralph Burch and Brandon McNally did very well and my hat is off to all of them (wish I can drive and be as consistent as either one of them). Yes, Mike Swauger pretty much dominated qualifying and was the overall star of the Nationals. But in the end, it was one of his many nemesis, Josh, that took home the honors of being National champ.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote