R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MCRUZ]Francis, thanks 4 the great pitjob in my main.

Youre welcome. The nats have me R/C'd out, see at the track
this weekend
Old 07-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #197
Tech Addict

JP any more pics?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #198

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

I'll be able to post more tonight... LATE tonight..

i'm editing now.. I'm on a tight deadline for my article, so that's top priority.. i'll get some more up tonight for sure though, just not certain as to what time I can upload.. assume midnight-1 am EST.
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #199
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpilone

i'm editing now.. I'm on a tight deadline for my article, so that's top priority.. i'll get some more up tonight for sure though, just not certain as to what time I can upload.. assume midnight-1 am EST.
jarrod, i want to see all four of my wheels off the ground
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #200

ok, i'm procrastinating.. so i'm editing pics right now.. I uploaded a small batch of pics

Here's a taste (D.J. Apolaro's 710)

Sedan Nats Gallery
Old 07-21-2005, 07:42 PM   #201

I just uploaded a batch of 56 for your viewing pleasure..

Old 07-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #202
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TexasRacer

Hey I was wondering if anyone could resize a picture for me?
TexasRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #203

email the image to me and tell me what size you need, i'll do it right away for you. [email protected]
Old 07-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #204
Tech Addict

There was some information posted that the scoring system being used didn't allow the race to be stopped, and resumed later. I finally got a chance to talk to Mary at JLap (JL's wife). She looked at the results posted on their website, then told me:

Mary:
"With JLap, you could "halt" the race as it was when started to rain... (Pause) and when the track was open, you could start to count again... just by click the "Unpause" button... They used the latest build... the only mistake was that they didn't PAUSE the race while it was raining."

That would have solved one of the two problems at the race. Had the start/finish line been before the pits, and had the people running the computer known about the "pause" function, things would have gone much more smoothly.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:09 PM   #205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemyers
There was some information posted that the scoring system being used didn't allow the race to be stopped, and resumed later. I finally got a chance to talk to Mary at JLap (JL's wife). She looked at the results posted on their website, then told me:

Mary:
"With JLap, you could "halt" the race as it was when started to rain... (Pause) and when the track was open, you could start to count again... just by click the "Unpause" button... They used the latest build... the only mistake was that they didn't PAUSE the race while it was raining."

That would have solved one of the two problems at the race. Had the start/finish line been before the pits, and had the people running the computer known about the "pause" function, things would have gone much more smoothly.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #206
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemyers

Mary:

Even though most people badmouth JLap, when its used correctly (staffing knowing the system) it is one of the best and has the most in-race features of ALL timing systems...The biggest problem is, most race directors don't take the time to "learn" JLap...Bummer, really
Old 07-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #207
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpilone

JP I know time is real tight ,but thanx for the effort
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 PM   #208
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar
Even though most people badmouth JLap, when its used correctly (staffing knowing the system) it is one of the best and has the most in-race features of ALL timing systems...The biggest problem is, most race directors don't take the time to "learn" JLap...Bummer, really

You hit the nail on the head there as they put me into 3rd place in masters since they dot't know how to read lap times I was runnig 19 and 20sec laps andthey took one 19sec lap away. after a flame out I passed the leader and got my lap back so Jlaps show me as the only one getting a lap on that line just as its shows no lap when you get passed by the leader.so thats the one they took then they tell me its a 15sec peantly for the flame out so I lose a lap and get a peantly so at end of race it showed

Harry 128 45m05s
maxy 127 45m 14s
Tim 127 dnf

now with out losing a lap I would have 128 (2nd place)
also does not having 127 dnf beat out 127 45m14sas I would be on my 128 lap

just me being a little upset after waiting for 3 1/2 hr thinking Iam 2nd then getting the 3rd place without time to file a protest
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar
I would care to differ with you. I realize this one occassion was an operator error, but the real problem with Jlap is the software the database is driven from. Practically everywhere I've ever raced where they had Jlap running there were database problems. We spent over $800 on Jlap and tried for over a year to get it to work properly. The results were pitiful. We even lost racers because of the frustration. You can rest assured my partner and I are fluent with operating Jlap. We did everything short of rewriting the database program.

The best advice I can offer to track owners that have Jlap is; if you have a copy that works with your current computer, then don't upgrade the software and don't purchase a new computer- you are one of the lucky ones.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #210
Tech Fanatic

Just freakin amazing Jarrod...Your photos are the shiznit

btw...This one has to be the coolest one...LOL

Special thanks to everyone that supported P-Dub Racing Products at this years Nationals including Mike Swauger, Darin Ishitoni and Ron Atomic for making the A-Finals!!!!