R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #331
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to walo

What a weekend, I saw some great racing and good sportsmanship. Congratulations to all winners and top qualifiers. Special thanks to the Leisure hour hobby crew, Team Mugen Seiki, Pressure, Jose, Drew, Juan, T-roy, D.J. Next year I'll make sure I glue my steering wheel to my radio and charge my batteries . Oh, great run (4th in B-main) Pressure your car (G.T) is getting better every race
walo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #332
Tech Fanatic

Here is a link to the short videos from the weekend. CLICK HERE

Congrats to all the winners.
Thanks to Byron Fuels for sponsoring the event and for Leisure Hours for hosting. It is a great facility. Indoor pitting was pretty nice. Thanks for the free food Saturday for lunch. Mark did a great job cooking the sausage.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #333
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Rice View Post
Here is a link to the short videos from the weekend. CLICK HERE

Congrats to all the winners.
Thanks to Byron Fuels for sponsoring the event and for Leisure Hours for hosting. It is a great facility. Indoor pitting was pretty nice. Thanks for the free food Saturday for lunch. Mark did a great job cooking the sausage.
Thanks for the link.
H0LESH0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #334
Tech Addict

It was nice to see some of my friends from Texas, New York, Florida, China, and Midwest region as well as meeting new friends. Thank you Howard and Rick for helping my dad and I on Sunday. Thank you Joaquin for the parts support. Thank you Byrons and Leisure Hours crew for another great event, you guys did a fantastic job!!! I would like to say Big THANK YOU to John Lee from Sweep Racing Tires for all the wonderful support thus far. The 45s and 40s combination worked very well in the qualifiers and 50s and 45s would have been perfect for the 1hr main (due to a mis-calcuation I didn't request any 50s from Sweep, BIG MISTAKE!). I was thrilled to have my dad with me this time for him to witness some of the 1st class RC onroad racing. Its funny that on our way home he mentioned that he had always thought RC racings is just bunch kids playing and banging with "radioshack" cars until what he had witness this weekend. He said this RC racing business is truly a sport, you can't call it just a hobby, it is TRUELY a SPORT! He was SO glad that he was able to be part of the excitement throughout the whole weekend. He's already thinking about joining me for my next race!!!

Last edited by bassman2; 06-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #335
Tech Addict

Here is a pit video of the official practice day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=merb...e_gdata_player
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Byron's

Had an awesome time at this great facility! Mike Nelson great to talk and race with you great job. Great BBQ on sat and birthday cake Sunday for Paolo.... Lol welcome to club 40 pal.... Good talkin with jobi. And Steve Rossi
Ultra smooth gay dance mix brotha Robbie Collins
And my man Brian Thomas. Always fun Great gt turn out great Racin sydor liu Marcus Paolo jr Desoto chad. Etc etc

Big thanks to Lou vanderway for the carb. Your a class act my man Dinner Lat glc on me

And my boys in the van. These guys are nuts .....

Can't wait till glc.
Special thanks to Jamie Corrado and Paulie bee for all the pitwork!!
Desoto racing. Sweep and rc America
Great time great racin. See you soon

Phil
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #337
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to djmorales
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwang View Post
We're back in Shanghai. Many thanks to Scott, Mike and the rest of the LH team for always making this race a great place to be at. Thanks to Ryan, Marc and Bobbi at Byron Fuel for their support. It was great to see everyone, Happy Birthday to Paolo... Great guy who just joined our 40's club..hehehe. Good pitting with Robbie and Brian, Uriah,Steve, Troy, Rich and everyone on the Mugen team, special thanks to Jose for letting me use his charger throughout the weekend. Happy to see Andy Liu after all these years and meeting his Dad. Good seeing the Texas dual and nice meeting Marcus and Tony. Special thanks to Doug for helping out JJ.

Now for thoughts on MY race!

All the "Bench" racing was part of a plan which I was hoping would unfold to my ultimate victory over Howard sLOw, the man who has beaten me 3 times in the last 3 years in a roll and I had to take S _ _ T for all those years! BUT... No more, I didn't care about the trophy, I didn't care about which main I ended up in, I ONLY cared about finishing ahead of sLOw which I DID, and if I may say... in commanding fashion! HAHAHA. So as it turned out, didn't need Mark there to help me block, because Howard wasn't even close!! We missed you Mark, wished you were there to witness the battle, I mean "beating". But have to be honest, Howard did not cry coming down from the driver stand, but he was not a happy puppy all weekend, but was a class act. Am I surprised to bump into the "A" main, I think everyone was surprised, especially my son. And finishing the long hour Main in 5th place (Ahead of Paolo!), my BEST ever in a big race!! But it was tough.. nose itch, cramps, etc... Actually, I am glad Jon and Howard were pitting for me, my stops were so sLOw that I had plenty of time to stretch and scratch.

Jon and Bill, you guys are the BEST!!! Without you, I would have only beaten Howard by a small margin. But here is to Jon and Bill:

Thanks for helping me
Thanks for providing parts
Thanks for providing services (Come on guys, think RC only)
Thanks for identifying wrong settings
Thanks for the Bumper that works
Thanks for fixing my car
Thanks for pitting me in the Hour A Main Final (you too Howard)
Thanks for trimming my body
Thanks for listening to me talking S _ _ T all weekend about sLOw

And to my VERY GOOD FRIEND Howard.... you OWE me a $$$$ Steak Dinner and for the next 12 months, its my turn to talk S _ _ T at you!!!

Great Fun!!! I love this Sport!

See you all next year!
congrats to you rick on your win over howard. you know he's going to come back next with some firerbut another great race year in the books can't wait till next year. met some great guys hope to race with them for years to come GT power is growing
djmorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #338
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hate to beat a dead horse here but everyone is spot on!!!

Great track with great support for the local track crew. What a great race and great group of guys. I thought the sportsmanship was top notch and everyone offered plenty of support that could. Scott/Marck/Mike and other guys that ran the race were nothing but 1000% welcoming and serving of all the racers.

Scott - thanks for lunch on Saturday - I know we were all starving and that hit the spot for all the racers. We all forget to eat until it is too late......thanks for the full tank in our belly.

Thank you Serpent America for all your support as well....like chad said you guys were a world of support when our cars were lacking that final touch of set up. Wished I could be at all the races you guys attend. You are a class act and welcomed any questions we had.

I know all of us Texas had a great time regardless of car issues.......we will be back. Already shooting for next year. It's nice to go to a race where you know you will have a great time regardless of what car issues you have!!!

See ya'll next year!
Hobby Express - www.TheHobbyExpress.com
BIGCAT TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #339
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To the locals at Leisure Hours and all others interested, were hoping to get a good GT and Nitro showing at the On Road BBQ race on July 14th. Bring 'em out!
triple7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #340
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple7s View Post
To the locals at Leisure Hours and all others interested, were hoping to get a good GT and Nitro showing at the On Road BBQ race on July 14th. Bring 'em out!
Think I will be out of town. I will let Mike have the Glory
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #341
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwang View Post
We're back in Shanghai. Many thanks to Scott, Mike and the rest of the LH team for always making this race a great place to be at. Thanks to Ryan, Marc and Bobbi at Byron Fuel for their support. It was great to see everyone, Happy Birthday to Paolo... Great guy who just joined our 40's club..hehehe. Good pitting with Robbie and Brian, Uriah,Steve, Troy, Rich and everyone on the Mugen team, special thanks to Jose for letting me use his charger throughout the weekend. Happy to see Andy Liu after all these years and meeting his Dad. Good seeing the Texas dual and nice meeting Marcus and Tony. Special thanks to Doug for helping out JJ.

Now for thoughts on MY race!

All the "Bench" racing was part of a plan which I was hoping would unfold to my ultimate victory over Howard sLOw, the man who has beaten me 3 times in the last 3 years in a roll and I had to take S _ _ T for all those years! BUT... No more, I didn't care about the trophy, I didn't care about which main I ended up in, I ONLY cared about finishing ahead of sLOw which I DID, and if I may say... in commanding fashion! HAHAHA. So as it turned out, didn't need Mark there to help me block, because Howard wasn't even close!! We missed you Mark, wished you were there to witness the battle, I mean "beating". But have to be honest, Howard did not cry coming down from the driver stand, but he was not a happy puppy all weekend, but was a class act. Am I surprised to bump into the "A" main, I think everyone was surprised, especially my son. And finishing the long hour Main in 5th place (Ahead of Paolo!), my BEST ever in a big race!! But it was tough.. nose itch, cramps, etc... Actually, I am glad Jon and Howard were pitting for me, my stops were so sLOw that I had plenty of time to stretch and scratch.

Jon and Bill, you guys are the BEST!!! Without you, I would have only beaten Howard by a small margin. But here is to Jon and Bill:

Thanks for helping me
Thanks for providing parts
Thanks for providing services (Come on guys, think RC only)
Thanks for identifying wrong settings
Thanks for the Bumper that works
Thanks for fixing my car
Thanks for pitting me in the Hour A Main Final (you too Howard)
Thanks for trimming my body
Thanks for listening to me talking S _ _ T all weekend about sLOw

And to my VERY GOOD FRIEND Howard.... you OWE me a $$$$ Steak Dinner and for the next 12 months, its my turn to talk S _ _ T at you!!!

Great Fun!!! I love this Sport!

See you all next year!

Your Welcome Rick
360 Raceway V2 / Team Associated 12R5.1
JrodKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #342
Tech Apprentice

Some photos are available here:

http://www.rcpitpass.net/bc2.htm

This is a new site, so it's not entirely functional, but they have a preview page up with Byron Challenge photos
Sampson Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
Some photos are available here:

http://www.rcpitpass.net/bc2.htm

This is a new site, so it's not entirely functional, but they have a preview page up with Byron Challenge photos
Very cool and high quality images!!
Nice job! Keep 'em coming.
365 days is way too long of a time to wait to get back to that facility!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #344
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I had the yellow Cobra at Byrons, may want to sell it, and change classes.

It has only practice and the Byrons race on it. Aluminum steering rack, 2 speed uprights, pro brakes, 0 deg front aluminum spindles, 10 deg caster, basically Paolos setup. +2 rear hubs, -1 front,LRP arm braces etc. Bonito murnan motor 2 gallons, with a new rod just put in. Complete car, less servos, and receiver.

I wheeled it to a 18.0 there.

Will post a ad in a few days if I deside to get rid of it. Any intrest?
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions

Last edited by FastPete; 06-28-2013 at 04:16 PM.
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #345
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
I had the yellow Cobra at Byrons, may want to sell it, and change classes.

It has only practice and the Byrons race on it. Aluminum steering rack, 2 speed uprights, pro brakes, 0 deg front aluminum spindles, 10 deg caster, basically Paolos setup. +2 rear hubs, -1 front,LRP arm braces etc. Bonito murnan motor 2 gallons, with a new rod just put in. Complete car, less servos, and receiver.

I wheeled it to a 18.0 there.

Will post a ad in a few days if I deside to get rid of it. Any intrest?
PM for you.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote