R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #316
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Looks like it down poured from where I was at and didn't look much better for Joliet on the radar.. So I decided to be there bright and early tomorrow.
We ran for a few hours (5-8). Track was very fast, smooth...
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #317
Tech Fanatic

Here is a walk around video. http://youtu.be/dcjjD1UyZFw
Old 06-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #318
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Track looks amazing. Thanks for the walk through.

Any results or other videos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #319
Tech Fanatic

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133994...SChallenge2013
Results after 3 rounds. Hopefully Sunday I will post more photos during the day at the link
Old 06-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #320
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

We got all three rounds in today, weather was funky and we had a strange shift in humidity and heat. Changed every hour and caused some tuning issues. One more round tomorrow and then the mains, weather is supposed to be great. Joaqin Jr is TQ right now with Paola 2nd, I'm sitting in 8 or 9th right now,
Gorgeus track, super smooth and fast. It's abrasive, tire strategy is going to be interesting for the hour long main. Paolo mutilated a set of super softs first round in 10min , it was worth it though as he cranked out the first 17 second lap of the day.I think only him and Jr have run 17's so far
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #321
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks guys that is awesome. Good luck tomorrow.

I really hope someone is recording the mains. It looks like it is pretty stacked in all the classes.

T
Old 06-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #322
Tech Fanatic

Paolo wins sedan with DJ only a couple seconds back.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to everyone for making the trip to Leisure hours for the 9th annual Byron On-Road World Challenge! Thanks to Byron Fuels for another great event, as always we had some awesome racers from all over the world make the trip and the racing was excellent. We almost made it but the last race was cut short by weather. Before the mains started it was stated that if we did not get thirty minutes of the one hour main completed we would go back to qualifying order, based on that decision the 8th Scale finial was rained out at the 21 minute mark so the qualifying order would be the finishing order. Here are the results and thanks again to all the great people who came and made this a great event!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OnRoadByronFuelChallenge.pdf (57.9 KB, 467 views)
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #324
Tech Fanatic

8th Scale results

1) Morganti, Pallo
2) Pulfer, Mike
3) Conley, Jason
4) Apolaro, DJ
5) Jucha, Brian
6) Ives Jr, Kenny
7) Desoto, Joaquin JR
8) Uchtman, Joby
9) Jones, Eric
10) Rice, Tony
11) Wang, JJ
12) Rossi, Steve
Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #325
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Another great race put on by LH staff and Byrons!!
Thanks for all the hard work to put on this top notch event year after year.

Congrats to all the drivers!
Specifically:
-Vessel, thanks for pittin for me!
-Howard, buy the damn car!
-Sydor, dont sell him that car!
-Rick, enjoy the steak!
-JJ, quit thinkin' about girls while at the track!
-AI, your the man!
-Walt, I think you should run that car/engine combo one more year!
-Eric, Reserve those tables for next year!
-Marshall, don't ever step on my flywheel again!!!! Just flip me over. That's it.
-Larry, my fuel bottle will have my name on it next year!
-Missed ya Marky!
-....etc, etc.
Countin' the days 'till next years shenanigans.
Back to sleep,
-Jon

Last edited by burgboyz; 06-24-2013 at 08:25 PM.
burgboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #326
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Oh yeah...Thanks BYRON and Marc for hosting another great event. Leisure Hours for executing the event and the weather is almost perfect.....and I have to thanks the following....

Bill Syder for the rent a ride 2nd year in a roll...each yeah, the car rental is better and better, I am wondering what will be my next year car rental? A Ferrari? Also, thanks for breaking in my engine while I was having fun over Asia...without you, I will have to run the GT class with lipo and brushless motor.

Jon for being my mechanic for the engine and the clutch setup. And you need to stop doing the following for next year....

Don't help Rick Wang
Don't provide parts for Rick Wang
Don't provide your service to Rick Wang
Don't discover all the wrong settings and parts on Rick Wang
Don't provide bumper for Rick Wang
Don't PIT for Rick Wang
Don't fuel the 1 hour main for Rick Wang
Don't trims the body for Rick Wang
Don't communicate to Rick Wang

Now....Thanks Rick Wang for the Nova Rossi engine. Also, for beating me on a race fair and square for the 1st time. I have nothing to say. I hope you enjoy your steak dinner. Just for you to know...I am eating the left over pizza from Sunday for the rest of this week because I have spend all the money for the steak dinner that you and your crew ordered last night...

Also the rest of the local gang....Walt G, Eric S, Rick V....and those new friend that I've made...Eric J and Andy Liu....Good time.

Can't wait for next year Byron...........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #327
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks Mr Byron, and the whole crew at LH great job.

I was the guy with the yellow cobra, car felt good in the B, thought I had the bump to the A, till my servo horn came loose and stripped That's racing, wish I would have met more of you GT guys, but I was in my own world working on the car. The guys I did meet seem nice, wish I had more Alpha medium's to sell, lol guys were following me out asking if I had more.

I would like to travel to race with you guys, so keep us informed about races.

Pete
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #328
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Also want to give a big thanks to Uriah Murnan also for a great engine and getting the tune right for me, it was still breaking in and giving me a fit. Hes a great guy, and great support tuned it for 3 qualifiers for me.
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / Raceform Jigs/ Proamps Servos-Lipos www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #329
Tech Adept

Just wanted to thank everyone that had a part in putting this past weekends race together. Thanks to Byron's Fuel for the support and interest in On-Road racing. All of us from Texas had a great time even though a few had car or engine troubles. Leisure Hours really has a top notch facility and a support crew that is really awesome. For the last two years we have been coming we have really enjoyed meeting and racing with you guys. I can't wait till next year to do it all over again. We are already putting it on our calendar. I also want to thank the support from Desoto Racing and Serpent America. Its amazing how helpful you guys are and what I have learned from input I have received from you. See you guys in Florida next Jan.
WWW.IGTHOBBIES.COM - Your #1 GT Source!!!

Serpent Cobra GT / OS Speed / Sweep Tires / KO Propo
chaderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #330
Tech Apprentice

We're back in Shanghai. Many thanks to Scott, Mike and the rest of the LH team for always making this race a great place to be at. Thanks to Ryan, Marc and Bobbi at Byron Fuel for their support. It was great to see everyone, Happy Birthday to Paolo... Great guy who just joined our 40's club..hehehe. Good pitting with Robbie and Brian, Uriah,Steve, Troy, Rich and everyone on the Mugen team, special thanks to Jose for letting me use his charger throughout the weekend. Happy to see Andy Liu after all these years and meeting his Dad. Good seeing the Texas dual and nice meeting Marcus and Tony. Special thanks to Doug for helping out JJ.

Now for thoughts on MY race!

All the "Bench" racing was part of a plan which I was hoping would unfold to my ultimate victory over Howard sLOw, the man who has beaten me 3 times in the last 3 years in a roll and I had to take S _ _ T for all those years! BUT... No more, I didn't care about the trophy, I didn't care about which main I ended up in, I ONLY cared about finishing ahead of sLOw which I DID, and if I may say... in commanding fashion! HAHAHA. So as it turned out, didn't need Mark there to help me block, because Howard wasn't even close!! We missed you Mark, wished you were there to witness the battle, I mean "beating". But have to be honest, Howard did not cry coming down from the driver stand, but he was not a happy puppy all weekend, but was a class act. Am I surprised to bump into the "A" main, I think everyone was surprised, especially my son. And finishing the long hour Main in 5th place (Ahead of Paolo!), my BEST ever in a big race!! But it was tough.. nose itch, cramps, etc... Actually, I am glad Jon and Howard were pitting for me, my stops were so sLOw that I had plenty of time to stretch and scratch.

Jon and Bill, you guys are the BEST!!! Without you, I would have only beaten Howard by a small margin. But here is to Jon and Bill:

Thanks for helping me
Thanks for providing parts
Thanks for providing services (Come on guys, think RC only)
Thanks for identifying wrong settings
Thanks for the Bumper that works
Thanks for fixing my car
Thanks for pitting me in the Hour A Main Final (you too Howard)
Thanks for trimming my body
Thanks for listening to me talking S _ _ T all weekend about sLOw

And to my VERY GOOD FRIEND Howard.... you OWE me a $$$$ Steak Dinner and for the next 12 months, its my turn to talk S _ _ T at you!!!

Great Fun!!! I love this Sport!

See you all next year!
rwang is offline   Reply With Quote