R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
nitro neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: zion,il
Posts: 2,179
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Delta P4 rolling chassis

I have a delta p4 prototype chassis. I acquired this and know nothing about this car.It has no shocks on it and has no scratches on the chassis. I have a bunch of un opened bags with it as well. I'm wondering if someone has a picture of a finished car so I can see if the bagged parts could be to finish the car or if they are spares. I do have some instructions and it is mostly hand drawings copied. I have a parts list that is from 1985 and another sheet that has a date of 1986. I'm just trying to get information about this as I'm not a collector but just by looking at the machining this is probaly very collectable to the right person. Any information will be helpfull and if anyone may be intrested in it let me know.
Thanks
__________________
TLR, SPEKTRUM,HORIZON HOBBIES, JCONCEPTS, Tekin, MIP, ONeill Brothers Racing, Axis RC, Large Scale RC, Boom rc, Team Chase,
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro neil View Post
I have a delta p4 prototype chassis. I acquired this and know nothing about this car.It has no shocks on it and has no scratches on the chassis. I have a bunch of un opened bags with it as well. I'm wondering if someone has a picture of a finished car so I can see if the bagged parts could be to finish the car or if they are spares. I do have some instructions and it is mostly hand drawings copied. I have a parts list that is from 1985 and another sheet that has a date of 1986. I'm just trying to get information about this as I'm not a collector but just by looking at the machining this is probaly very collectable to the right person. Any information will be helpfull and if anyone may be intrested in it let me know.
Thanks
Pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-016.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-056.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-060.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-050.jpg  
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Pics for you.
Sent you a PM, I'd be interested in buying it.
Attached Thumbnails
Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-037.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-040.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-046.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-mipics-072.jpg  
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
nitro neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: zion,il
Posts: 2,179
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Pics for you.
wow that thing is nice
__________________
TLR, SPEKTRUM,HORIZON HOBBIES, JCONCEPTS, Tekin, MIP, ONeill Brothers Racing, Axis RC, Large Scale RC, Boom rc, Team Chase,
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro neil View Post
wow that thing is nice
I don't mean to brag (yes I do!) but between the stuff I had 30 years ago and what I've acquired since, I've got a P4, 3 P2's, 2 Super Eagles, about nine SuperJ's in various stages of rebuild (two race ready and got raced last year), a Super Phaser and a Phaser. Probably an unhealthy habit having that much crap...lol.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
nitro neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: zion,il
Posts: 2,179
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Here are a few pics of the chassis
Attached Thumbnails
Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-006.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-007.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-008.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-009.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-005.jpg  

__________________
TLR, SPEKTRUM,HORIZON HOBBIES, JCONCEPTS, Tekin, MIP, ONeill Brothers Racing, Axis RC, Large Scale RC, Boom rc, Team Chase,
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
nitro neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: zion,il
Posts: 2,179
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

here are some parts bags most new in sealed bags
Attached Thumbnails
Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-010.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-013.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-011.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-012.jpg   Delta P4 rolling chassis-delta-p4-014.jpg  

__________________
TLR, SPEKTRUM,HORIZON HOBBIES, JCONCEPTS, Tekin, MIP, ONeill Brothers Racing, Axis RC, Large Scale RC, Boom rc, Team Chase,
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Chris K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 2,574
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

As you have probably guessed, this car is extremely collectable - and big bucks have been paid for them by buyers all over the world.

Delta is unquestionably the 'little company that could' and took on the world with great drivers, a very good product and a TON of desire!!

Nice people and very interesting products!
__________________
Wherever you go; there you are!
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
nitro neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: zion,il
Posts: 2,179
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
As you have probably guessed, this car is extremely collectable - and big bucks have been paid for them by buyers all over the world.

Delta is unquestionably the 'little company that could' and took on the world with great drivers, a very good product and a TON of desire!!

Nice people and very interesting products!
An idea what a fair value selling price would be on something like this
__________________
TLR, SPEKTRUM,HORIZON HOBBIES, JCONCEPTS, Tekin, MIP, ONeill Brothers Racing, Axis RC, Large Scale RC, Boom rc, Team Chase,
nitro neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
michael mercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Herrin, Illinois
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
I don't mean to brag (yes I do!) but between the stuff I had 30 years ago and what I've acquired since, I've got a P4, 3 P2's, 2 Super Eagles, about nine SuperJ's in various stages of rebuild (two race ready and got raced last year), a Super Phaser and a Phaser. Probably an unhealthy habit having that much crap...lol.
Do you need a delta villian or a delta 1/18 pocket rocket?
michael mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
Tech Addict
 
hitcharide1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael mercer View Post
Do you need a delta villian or a delta 1/18 pocket rocket?
The villain...no...wouldn't mind a pocket rocket if the price were right....PM me.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net