R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #16
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by HPIRACER310
I have the receiver in the stock location. I've read reports that glitching will occour with the receiver mounted in the stock location. Many have chosen to custom mount it on the right side of the car... away from the front pully assembly and exhaust.
I had overheating problems with my receiver mounted in the stock location.....

Currently I mounted a "heatcover" and it seems to work fine, but I'm also looking for a good solution to mount the receiver on the right side of the car.....
Old 05-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by M7H
I had overheating problems with my receiver mounted in the stock location.....

Currently I mounted a "heatcover" and it seems to work fine, but I'm also looking for a good solution to mount the receiver on the right side of the car.....
Thanks for bringing that up. The receiver is close to the pipe so overheating could occur. Best solution I've found so far is to cut a bracket out of graphite and use the stock receiver mount with the S710 receiver box. Location is a matter of preference, either next to the throttle or steering servo. I have the 950 with the lay down throttle so I'm planning to have it next to the steering.
Plus it would clean up all the wiring with all the electronics on one side of the car.
HPIRACER310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by soc123_au
Best hop up for a 950 is an MRX4

Sorry I just couldnt help myself. There is always heaps of 950 bits on Ebay, they seem to be a pretty sharp car without too many hop ups.
yeah, yeah...
I was originally going to get an MRX4.. I wanted one right away and didnt want to wait by ording one online. Only cars my local shop had in stock was the S950 and the S950r.

I did notice the Mr.X-4 has the receiver on the right side...something I'm trying to accomplish with the 950r.
HPIRACER310 is offline   Reply With Quote