R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Bruckner Hobbies sells Fast, Jaco and Elligi sedan foams for $11/box. That is a great price for USA prices.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 AM   #17
Tech Master

Default Re: Tires - Where is the best?

Quote:
Originally posted by rcfoolz
It seems that all I hear from people at the tracks is who has the better tire and then who has the best price. Been to shops that want $27pr for FAST tires (ouch ) and other the sell them for $12pr ( ) But who has the best tire and best price?
There is only one Japan factory that able to make/compound foam-rubber for R/C foam tires. Best price comes with label and their claimmed quality/design as well as shipping cost to your nearest distributor.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Tires - Where is the best?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
There is only one Japan factory that able to make/compound foam-rubber for R/C foam tires. Best price comes with label and their claimmed quality/design as well as shipping cost to your nearest distributor.
So then Kawahara is the same as other Japanese tires and the claim that they last longer is a myth?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:39 AM   #19
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Tires - Where is the best?

Quote:
Originally posted by performula
So then Kawahara is the same as other Japanese tires and the claim that they last longer is a myth?
No its not, I believe composition between foam-rubber also plays an important role to the performance or characteristic of the respective brand. It does not mean more rubber is better (last longer is impossible) because it would also depends on how clean (amount of dust) in the particular track has.

I ever tried speedmind before, they have more rubber packed into it so they will last longer than if it were contained less rubber (such as the old GPR brands, some newer GRP packed with more rubber). I found more rubber is suitable for clean track. To sum it up, different composition will always have both of its advantages and disadvantages which you could compromise it with the car setup.

BTW, we distribute GQ tires, but I do not think I`m elligible to make an comments on them now, didn`t I?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:57 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default fast tyres

i dont have any problems at all using fast tyres

i t hink there great

try rc-mushroom for the best prices
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #21
Tech Master

performula,

I think I forgot to mentioned that price will also effected by the technique each manufarturer used to joined the sheet together (yes, they comes in sheet) such as,

R2 [email protected](thickness)?~870mm(lemgth)?~1,100mm(width)
R3 20mm?~780mm?~780mm
R4 27mm?~940mm?~940mm
For your reference, R3 is used mainly for front tire and R4 for rear tire in Japan. Thickness can be adjusuted by slicing and pasting two sheeets.

I guess some of us ever experience with split/cracks at the joinning/pasting area isn`t it? I believe kawahara technique is among the best in Japan.

Laser cutting to performed the cylinder shape is preffered as this will leave the same thickness in between inner and outer dimension in respect of its middle thickness; otherwise the cylinder shape wont have even thickness it they were using power press machine to cut it.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I went to the above and bought tires. The shippng cost for 15 pr was $39!!!!!! From Miami to Tampa......waiting for a reply from the seller. I think $10 would be more like it.
any chance you going to fort myers this weekend for regionals?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

i run eligi and like them a lot. run very good.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Update on shipping. Got a much better price. I was going to go to FT, but I have a few small jobs to do Saturday. I wish I could. My son is out of town and wife is working. I've ran the Ellige's. Like them, but I looks like I'm going to be running the local track this sunday.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #25

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Ran some jaco nitro shoes today on a vht prepared parking lot track. Was pretty good. I have some ellegis I might test out, but they are harder compound.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 05-17-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:43 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

NITRO SHOES thats all i gotta say
factory racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #27
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Update on shipping. Got a much better price. I was going to go to FT, but I have a few small jobs to do Saturday. I wish I could. My son is out of town and wife is working. I've ran the Ellige's. Like them, but I looks like I'm going to be running the local track this sunday.
Try Twistertires. About half of the racers in the Florida State Series run Twister Tires. Whether its 1/10th touring or 1/8th scale we have a resonable priced and competitive tire.

Thanks
www.twistertires.com
racinghobbies is offline   Reply With Quote