R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #46
Tech Regular
 
2CARTEAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.O.C. Cali
Posts: 365
Default

Dale

When will the bodies be available for the general public to try. Thank you for your continuing contribution to our sport.
__________________
Ko Propo America, Ulti tires,Vp Racing Fuel, Rc Target, Capricorn, ASM engines, Activ rc, Lion art prints,
2CARTEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM View Post
Dale

When will the bodies be available for the general public to try. Thank you for your continuing contribution to our sport.
2CARTEAM: They started shipping ditributor orders on Feb 18th. It now a matter of the pipeline being filled. In this economy the distributors tend to be very conservative and "under-order" which usually leaves someone somewhere a bit frustrated. I wish there was a better way. They can also be ordered directly from the Protoform web site - but shipping cost is added.
http://racepf.com/

Thanks for asking - Dale - Protoform
__________________
PROTOform Race Bodies
www.racePF.com // www.facebook.com/PROTOformRaceBodies // www.twitter.com/RacePF
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #48
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just ordered some from great planes.. should be soon!
__________________
Jeremy Cupps
Sponsors are
Mugen Seiki, NovaRossi Engines, Enneti Tires, Byrons racing fuel, Airtronics, XceedRC, Mikes HobbyShop Porter Texas, Global Hobby Distributors, Avid Bearings, Paint by Smiley, and my wallet!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #49
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
2CARTEAM: They started shipping ditributor orders on Feb 18th. It now a matter of the pipeline being filled. In this economy the distributors tend to be very conservative and "under-order" which usually leaves someone somewhere a bit frustrated. I wish there was a better way. They can also be ordered directly from the Protoform web site - but shipping cost is added.
http://racepf.com/

Thanks for asking - Dale - Protoform
The thing which is frustrating is the way Protoform ships their orders to the distributers. Because of the way the bodies are shipped, already packed in bags and labeled, the shipping costs are insane and distributers simply can't afford ordering large amounts of bodyshells. Because of the high shipping costs Protoform bodies cost more and they are less interesting to sell as a shop. Personally I rather sell someone a Blitz shell then a Protoform shell.

So basically all of the issues with availability are created by Protoform themselves. It's a shame you guys are too stubborn to change this because you guys have great products.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #50
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
The thing which is frustrating is the way Protoform ships their orders to the distributers. Because of the way the bodies are shipped, already packed in bags and labeled, the shipping costs are insane and distributers simply can't afford ordering large amounts of bodyshells. Because of the high shipping costs Protoform bodies cost more and they are less interesting to sell as a shop. Personally I rather sell someone a Blitz shell then a Protoform shell.

So basically all of the issues with availability are created by Protoform themselves. It's a shame you guys are too stubborn to change this because you guys have great products.
Wow, glad I'm not one of your customers. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality product that I want than have someone try to ram a cheaper but inferior product down my throat. Fortunately at least here in the US, PF bodies are usually cheaper as well.

I have never had any problems getting PF bodies from my usual suppliers such as Ashford, Amain and the local hobby shops. I also appreciate the added features such as good packaging (they don't come scratched or smashed), stiffeners, bolts, good looking stickers, etc. Most importantly, they perform. I believe every body in the A at the winternats was a PF except for a few that are DIRECT BACK POURED CLONES of a PF body.

I can see how shipping could be an issue for non US shops but now you know how we feel about paying double for your European or Asian bodies. The last non-PF 1/8th body I ran was a Zytec that cost more than TWICE what I pay for PF and it didn't even come in a bag, much less any extras.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Posts: 3,176
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

First I've always raced 1/10th,but I like the mindset 1/8 has,pure performance.Want realism?There's plenty of it in 1/5th gas and mini-z.Want realistic 1/8th bodies like in the 80's and 90's?Well,very sad news the 80's aren't coming back
Nice work Mr. Dale.
__________________
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) https://www.facebook.com/becomeasetupguru/
30Tooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Wow, glad I'm not one of your customers. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality product that I want than have someone try to ram a cheaper but inferior product down my throat. Fortunately at least here in the US, PF bodies are usually cheaper as well.

I have never had any problems getting PF bodies from my usual suppliers such as Ashford, Amain and the local hobby shops. I also appreciate the added features such as good packaging (they don't come scratched or smashed), stiffeners, bolts, good looking stickers, etc. Most importantly, they perform. I believe every body in the A at the winternats was a PF except for a few that are DIRECT BACK POURED CLONES of a PF body.

I can see how shipping could be an issue for non US shops but now you know how we feel about paying double for your European or Asian bodies. The last non-PF 1/8th body I ran was a Zytec that cost more than TWICE what I pay for PF and it didn't even come in a bag, much less any extras.
First of all, don't twist my words.
I'm not ramming a single product through anyone's throat.
Anyone who knows me trusts me on giving accurate and objective advice on whatever product I offer.

Second, I don't think you can call a Blitz body an inferior product. The Lexan they use is softer, but also less brittle. It takes longer before it starts to crack.

Third, even in the US Blitz bodies are cheaper compared to Protoform bodies.

The whole point I was trying to make is that Protoform can sell A LOT more bodies in Europe when they decide to change their shipping method, but I guess you kind of missed that point.

I agree Protoform bodies are always great quality and the most important part almost every body they release performs.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
The thing which is frustrating is the way Protoform ships their orders to the distributers. Because of the way the bodies are shipped, already packed in bags and labeled, the shipping costs are insane and distributers simply can't afford ordering large amounts of bodyshells. Because of the high shipping costs Protoform bodies cost more and they are less interesting to sell as a shop. Personally I rather sell someone a Blitz shell then a Protoform shell.

So basically all of the issues with availability are created by Protoform themselves. It's a shame you guys are too stubborn to change this because you guys have great products.
Just curious, if the bodies are shipped not packed and labelled, will it be cheaper? Because I understand most shippers go by weight and some by size of carton regardless of weight.

Just trying to understand how shipping works, no flaming intended.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Wow, glad I'm not one of your customers. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality product that I want than have someone try to ram a cheaper but inferior product down my throat. Fortunately at least here in the US, PF bodies are usually cheaper as well.

I have never had any problems getting PF bodies from my usual suppliers such as Ashford, Amain and the local hobby shops. I also appreciate the added features such as good packaging (they don't come scratched or smashed), stiffeners, bolts, good looking stickers, etc. Most importantly, they perform. I believe every body in the A at the winternats was a PF except for a few that are DIRECT BACK POURED CLONES of a PF body.

I can see how shipping could be an issue for non US shops but now you know how we feel about paying double for your European or Asian bodies. The last non-PF 1/8th body I ran was a Zytec that cost more than TWICE what I pay for PF and it didn't even come in a bag, much less any extras.
Come on Sean, you know better than that.

Morganti won the Winternats with a Blitz body, Wischnewski got second in sedan with a blitz body as well.

And why would you say that they are DIRECT BACK POURED CLONES?

Imho, it's rather the other way around.

Morganti ran the Blitz R18 in late summer/fall 2011 and won races with it, long before Protoform released their R18. Put those two bodies next to each other and tell me who copied whom?

Same thing goes for the Blitz R18V2 and the PFL128. Blitz was first by far and the bodies look VERY similar.

You shold not always sucumb to that reflex you all have been implanted: It's all your fault because we are American.

Last years distribution of the PFR18 was simply a disaster for any hobby shop owner.

This body was nowhere available outside the US but it was all blamed on the damn foreign importers.

So, they all messed up? I don't think so.

I defense of PF I have to say that I usually get my PF bodies stacked with the bags seperately, so I guess the do send them unpacked and maybe DS's importer bags them.

Btw, Sean, you REALLY should dive that Blitz ARX a try
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Just curious, if the bodies are shipped not packed and labelled, will it be cheaper? Because I understand most shippers go by weight and some by size of carton regardless of weight.

Just trying to understand how shipping works, no flaming intended.
In airfreight shipping the use "volume weight", which is claculated using the wieght and the volume of a package.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #56
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
In airfreight shipping the use "volume weight", which is claculated using the wieght and the volume of a package.
Which in this case... I think not a big difference right? Weight will be the same packed or not packed.. Provided there is huge cost difference in volume which then makes sense for it to be unpacked.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #57
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Which in this case... I think not a big difference right? Weight will be the same packed or not packed.. Provided there is huge cost difference in volume which then makes sense for it to be unpacked.
Yeah, it makes a huge difference in airfreight and you can get MANY more of the bodies into the same volume when you stack them without the bags.

When I ship larger quantities I actually ship the stacked as well and put the bags in seperately.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #58
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

out of topic :

Last year I bring home 20 protoform bodies : 9 P-909, 3 PRF-18, 8 SRS-N ....... hahaha, some useful souveniers from USA for my 1/8 RC friends back home.

Protoform bodies are the best.

( I dont mind using Blitz bodies too )
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #59
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

You're right, it was a Blitz. I thought it was something else. I wasn't referring to the Blitz in my "back-poured" comment. There was another there that quite a few people were running that can stack right on top of a PFR18.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #60
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
stiffeners, bolts, good looking stickers, etc.
They could add some screws/nuts for the stiffeners, because you have 6 stiffeners, but only screws/nuts to mount 4 of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Anyone who knows me trusts me on giving accurate and objective advice on whatever product I offer.
I second that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I defense of PF I have to say that I usually get my PF bodies stacked with the bags seperately, so I guess the do send them unpacked
I've seen that to.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net