Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Ipanema World GT Championship, May 23-26

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
That I will have to find out what are the plans but last race was 5 minutes qualifiers, 8 minutes all mains with triple A Mains. I will let you know as soon as I know for sure.
That race format for the electric GT cars sound great to me!! Will work to picking up another 4S battery for my car. Now, where is that extra travel box for my extra gear?!?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

jneg,

What size battery are you electric guys running in your cars: 3s, 4s, 5s, or 6s? I have been running 4s in mine when I have tested it.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
jneg,

What size battery are you electric guys running in your cars: 3s, 4s, 5s, or 6s? I have been running 4s in mine when I have tested it.
We race with 4S and I think that the rules will limit batteries to that number of cells. These GT Electric cars fly with 4S so I don't see the need for more. I will post official rules soon.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

We race with 4S and I think that the rules will limit batteries to that number of cells. These GT Electric cars fly with 4S so I don't see the need for more. I will post official rules soon.
Cool deal!! Thanks for the information you have provided thus far.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

Don´t think that 4s or 6s does make a big difference in performance if you set the duration of the heats long enough.

The total amount of energy stored in both possibilities is almost the same if the total weight of the batteries is the same.

Of course you can have more total energy with 6s, but only if you are willing to accept the extra weight as a penalty.

The 2s hardcase with the highest capacity available from Team Orion will give you 8000mAh.

Total energy stored with two packs will be 118.4 Watt. Weight is 628 g.

The equivalent in 3s might be a gens ace 5300mAh with 117.66 Watt stored using two of them, but the total weight will be 876 g.

The difference in weight is 248 g and will, over a complete heat, equalize the advantage of the 6s but making more peak power available.

You most probably not able to use too often if you want to race until the end of the heat.

The advantage you will keep is running lower currents and lower temperatures giving better reliability at least from a theoretical point of view.

Agreed that is a theoretical analysis based on what is available as a usefull maximum with 4s and 6s.

Last edited by C@T; 02-15-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

If Mike and Nate can make it, you should come down with them. Both can tell you that we have loads of fun at the track as well as going to differnt places with our built-in tour guide. The locals are some of the best you want to run with, so bring your A-game because if you don't, they will hand you your behind!!
I was looking or tickets last night 520 round trip non stop AA. I'm planning on leaving Wednesday evening and coming back Monday afternoon.

I cannot wait !!! I'll be running my cobra in the open class and my KGT2 in the spec class
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
I was looking or tickets last night 520 round trip non stop AA. I'm planning on leaving Wednesday evening and coming back Monday afternoon.

I cannot wait !!! I'll be running my cobra in the open class and my KGT2 in the spec class
Cool deal!!! You will have a blast running with the PR GT racers. Bring you A game because if you don't, they will hand you your behind. Oh, and if time permits, you will get a little tour/history by our built-in tour guide (ask Nate and Mike). See you there!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR

Great to hear that you will be here for the race. Let me know if you need anything so I can help you out.

Last edited by jneg; 02-17-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi people where can we found the rules for the GT nitro on this race?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Great pics, jneg. Can't wait to get my Kyosho back on the Barceloneta track. Marking the days off on my calendar.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Gonzo RR,

After running at Barceloneta, I will tell you that if you are running in the open class and you can turn low 25 sec. laps, you are doing good. Getting laps down in the 24 sec range and you will probably be in the upper part of the B-main, maybe lower A-main. If you can get down into the 23 sec range, you are fighting for TQ and are pretty much guaranteed a place in the A-main. In the spec class, pretty much shift everything up about 1-1.5 seconds.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Gonzo RR,

After running at Barceloneta, I will tell you that if you are running in the open class and you can turn low 25 sec. laps, you are doing good. Getting laps down in the 24 sec range and you will probably be in the upper part of the B-main, maybe lower A-main. If you can get down into the 23 sec range, you are fighting for TQ and are pretty much guaranteed a place in the A-main. In the spec class, pretty much shift everything up about 1-1.5 seconds.
jlock only 2 people have done 14 laps in qualifiers those are Paolo Morganti and Andy Baez. Both made the A Main in Homestead. To be in the A and B Main it will take at least 13 laps. During the last Caribbean Winter Cup all A Main were 13 laps and even 2 in the B had 13 laps so the competition is getting even stronger. With more international drivers the field can only get quicker.

agtuning I will post rules very soon but the rules for open are the same basic rules that are used in the Unites States. All rules will be posted this week (its been very busy at work). But if anyone has any specific question I will answer it.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

jlock only 2 people have done 14 laps in qualifiers those are Paolo Morganti and Andy Baez. Both made the A Main in Homestead. To be in the A and B Main it will take at least 13 laps. During the last Caribbean Winter Cup all A Main were 13 laps and even 2 in the B had 13 laps so the competition is getting even stronger. With more international drivers the field can only get quicker.

agtuning I will post rules very soon but the rules for open are the same basic rules that are used in the Unites States. All rules will be posted this week (its been very busy at work). But if anyone has any specific question I will answer it.
If I run open, I will try to hit that mark. The last couple of times racing there, I had a bunch of 11 lap runs and I think that I had a couple of 12 lap runs (at least one for sure). And that was with the wrong diff oils in my car!! I think I have that issue resolved and should be ready to keep up with you guys when I get there in May. I am definitely running the Spec class for sure and still on the fence for electric GT.

Let me ask, what kind of lap times/number of laps are the electric GT turning on the track in a qualifier on average? What kind of diff oils are some of you using in your electric GT cars (front/middle/rear)? If I bring mine, I want to be somewhere in the ballpark and tweak it from there.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

awesone track i would like to be there to the race, good luck guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.