R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default What's my Asscociated RC1 worth?

Hi all.
I have two 1975 Associated RC1 Road Racers. All original.
One is a Corvette and the other is a 240z
They are in pretty good shape since they have maybe an hour of drive time on them.
They both have Super Tiger 19 engines and Futuba FP-T 2F radios.
My Dad bought these for my brother and me in '75 and we helped him build them. Since we were so young (I was eight), we never really figured out how to get them going, or keep them going. Good thing 'cause we probably would have crashed them into a wall long ago.
Anyways, I was was just wondering if the RC1s have any collectors value and what they may be worth.
Thanks alot.
-John

Attached Thumbnails
What's my Asscociated RC1 worth?-dsc05505m.jpg   What's my Asscociated RC1 worth?-dsc05502m.jpg   What's my Asscociated RC1 worth?-dsc05504m.jpg   What's my Asscociated RC1 worth?-dsc05500m.jpg  

Last edited by Exhibitionist; 02-09-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Exhibitionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitionist View Post
Hi all.
I have two 1975 Associated RC1 Road Racers. All original.
One is a Corvette and the other is a 240z
They are in pretty good shape since they have maybe an hour of drive time on them.
They both have Super Tiger 19 engines and Futuba FP-T 2F radios.
My Dad bought these for my brother and me in '75 and we helped him build them. Since we were so young (I was eight), we never really figured out how to get them going, or keep them going. Good thing 'cause we probably would have crashed them into a wall long ago.
Anyways, I was was just wondering if the RC1s have any collectors value and what they may be worth.
Thanks alot.
-John

Putting a value on them is nearly impossible. Over the years, I've seen RC1's go for as high as 1500 and as low as 400, depending on the condition of the car, if they had the originial boxes and instructions they came with, and so forth. Your best bet is, if interested in selling them, to put them on Ebay...set a reserve that you think would be fair, and if the bidding does not meet the reserve, you can either not sell the car, or offer it to the highest bidder. Beware of "interested parties" trying to lowball you on price. While you may be interested in letting one go for a little less to a reputable collector, be aware there are some out there who will tell you its worth little to nothing, then resell it for a good profit.
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
Putting a value on them is nearly impossible. Over the years, I've seen RC1's go for as high as 1500 and as low as 400, depending on the condition of the car, if they had the originial boxes and instructions they came with, and so forth. Your best bet is, if interested in selling them, to put them on Ebay...set a reserve that you think would be fair, and if the bidding does not meet the reserve, you can either not sell the car, or offer it to the highest bidder. Beware of "interested parties" trying to lowball you on price. While you may be interested in letting one go for a little less to a reputable collector, be aware there are some out there who will tell you its worth little to nothing, then resell it for a good profit.
They are in great shape, besides my brother giving the 240 a lousy paint job. Thanks for the sound advice. I seen an old ad on ebay for an RC1 with a price of 4 grand out of the UK. So it kind of peaked my interest, if perhaps these were really rare.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitionist View Post
They are in great shape, besides my brother giving the 240 a lousy paint job. Thanks for the sound advice. I seen an old ad on ebay for an RC1 with a price of 4 grand out of the UK. So it kind of peaked my interest, if perhaps these were really rare.
...they seem to be pretty rare these days.........If you can get 4 grand for one take it and run..........realistically if they are in great shape maybe a grand for both...As Phil said....set a reserve on Ebay and go fishin.........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
...they seem to be pretty rare these days.........If you can get 4 grand for one take it and run..........realistically if they are in great shape maybe a grand for both...As Phil said....set a reserve on Ebay and go fishin.........
That sounds about right. I figured someone was whistling out his butt. At least the held their value. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We are of the same age. You should keep them. Clean up the Vette and shelf queen it.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
We are of the same age. You should keep them. Clean up the Vette and shelf queen it.
Not! Put some new servos and digital on it, fire that puppy up, and come racing with us in Toledo! I still run my SuperJ's, which are worth a tad more than your RC1's and just as much fun!
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote