Neo Attack

Picco One Ten

Mugan Avance

STS Maddog

Ofna Colt 10

HPI Super Nitro Rs4

Kyosho Super Ten

BMT Pantera 10

Did I miss any? Recently, this class cooled down but I believe this class has lots of potential for great racing. Their suspension geometry is similar to 8th scale. What can we do to get this class hot again? Change the rules?

Last edited by revzalot; 04-22-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

allow for larger fuel tank
Old 04-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally posted by jbackslash
allow for larger fuel tank
And allow .21 motors.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

I'm a huge advocate for newbs to build their first cars, so as much as I hate to say it, bring in some RTR's.

If traxxas or HPI will bring in a good engine/chassis package for a decent price, you'd be all set.

The transition to small block engines can do nothing but help as well (a la serpent's new engine mounts for the 835). As far as choice of engines the new high powered small block 15's may be a better choice than race 12's

I just purchased an Avance and a Novamega SX15. I havent been this excited about a new toy since my V One RR (with the lola body of course). I've always wanted a 235mm and luckily now I can afford one. I hope others rediscover this class as well.

Last edited by icon; 04-21-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

sts maddog iv got two and there stupid fast
Old 04-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Did I miss any? Recently, this class cooled down but I believe this class has lots of potential for great racing. Their suspension geometry is similar to 8th scale. What can we do to get this class hot again? Change the rules?
Team Magic Vampire. Not seen any though but they had them on the site.
Also Colt 10 and GS Racing 235mm cars. Some PB and BMT cars floating around too.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by icon
I'm a huge advocate for newbs to build their first cars, so as much as I hate to say it, bring in some RTR's.

If traxxas or HPI will bring in a good engine/chassis package for a decent price, you'd be all set.

The transition to small block engines can do nothing but help as well (a la serpent's new engine mounts for the 835). As far as choice of engines the new high powered small block 15's may be a better choice than race 12's

I just purchased an Avance and a Novamega SX15. I havent been this excited about a new toy since my V One RR (with the lola body of course). I've always wanted a 235mm and luckily now I can afford one. I hope others rediscover this class as well.
Changing to small block will just boost racing costs. It may be cheaper to buy a small block but they cost more to keep them running. BB will also last a lot longer too. Less stress being produced even when heavily modified so they dont wear out as quick.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Changing to small block will just boost racing costs. It may be cheaper to buy a small block but they cost more to keep them running. BB will also last a lot longer too. Less stress being produced even when heavily modified so they dont wear out as quick.
This is what I like about racing those cars, but the classes went so now I'll have no where to really race them. Do .21 onroad engines last longer too?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
This is what I like about racing those cars, but the classes went so now I'll have no where to really race them. Do .21 onroad engines last longer too?
.21 onroad wont last as long as a .15bb. They both use the same case size (used to at least) and so the 21 is more stressed from having less material surrounding the moving parts.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

OH ok. Well I guess despite the fact the .15BBs last longer that's not enough to draw people back to the class. I'd like for this class to reopen again.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
OH ok. Well I guess despite the fact the .15BBs last longer that's not enough to draw people back to the class. I'd like for this class to reopen again.
It might last longer, but longer does not mean faster.....when you are on the track running with SB 12 or 15........you can tell the different.

Unless, the club does not allow 200mm with SB 12/15 or 235mm with SB 15..........only 235mm with BB 15.........then there will be no different, but I doubt you will have more then 10-15 ppl per race day.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

You never know, this class may make a come back. Electric took a pretty big hit when nitro took off. Now electric is taking a rise again with brushless systems.

This hobby has changed a bunch from 10 years ago big time. Who would have thought that a computer radio and a race worthy kit would come together and...to be built on top of that?

We have the Mayhem, XR8, and what's next? FG Evo kits costing $600?!

Now, we wait.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Of course, never say never..........but I am look at the pictures above, who is still ACTIVE about 235mm parts support or development...?

Only Serpent left.........and Serpent is slowing down the parts support of that too..........then SB 15 engine mount kits, backorder since february............is that really back order, or they will never let anyone order cause no one really wants it...? I realy don't know..........my Impact and 835 are just too nice and $$$ to be the shelf queen...........
Old 04-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default 235

rookie solara,
then get in your car, drive 41/2 hours down to cincy and race with us sunday. we will have a decent turn out and there are a couple of top level drivers in this class at our track. serpents, mugens, i have a neo. you will have competition. we follow the roar open class rules so the sedans have to run 12's all of the 235 guys are running bb's that i have seen.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

What's cool about these cars is that some of the parts are interchangeable. If you look closely at most of them, they all look similar and most of them will accept Serpent parts. Part support may be low but using this site and Ebay will make it easier to get them. For the price, these cars will be a great learning car for whoever wants to venture into 8th scale later on. I've seen these cars in action and I can't believe this class died out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.