Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
kyosho v-one-s good for beginner? >

kyosho v-one-s good for beginner?

kyosho v-one-s good for beginner?

Old 08-02-2002, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default kyosho v-one-s good for beginner?

hey all im looking to get into nitro cars (not electric) 1/10th scale and was wondering if the kyosho v-one-s (AWD) is good for a beginner? if not could you recommend one that is and where to get the kit?
Old 08-03-2002, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

I just got this car, its my first Nitro car, and i love it, its great, its for intermediate racers it says on Kyoshos website, but its a god car to get u into racing and get competitive

just grab one, ull love it
Old 08-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMHO

if your going to get into racing, then I would suggest that you get a race level car, not intermediate race level...

In any case Kyosho cars are VERY VERY nice, compared to other brands <koffhpi> <koff>

hehehe
Old 08-04-2002, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

I wasnt meaning its an intermediate level car, but its classed as one for starting up, and ranging up when upgraded to Pro level, but comes stock for beginner to intermediate, and then upgrade it to a pro level car

not that its top competitiveness is intermediate
Old 08-04-2002, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V-One S
I wasnt meaning its an intermediate level car, but its classed as one for starting up, and ranging up when upgraded to Pro level, but comes stock for beginner to intermediate, and then upgrade it to a pro level car

not that its top competitiveness is intermediate
the v1s has the pivot ball system right? in this case just go the extra mile and get the v1r. you're going to have to learn how to set the car up, so you might as well learn with the better version. you might initially spend more but in the long run the cost is the same if not less. only consider this if you want to seriously race though. if you wanna bash around and race mates on the street don't bother with the v1r, it wouldn't be worth it.

most people if not all, eventually upgrade to the 2 speed for the v1s. there's one cost you won't need to have with the v1r.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

I went V-One S cause its P/S i didnt want a bump start for first Nitro

if i get another car in a year or so ill get 1/8th buggy bump start
Old 08-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Wink V-one-S

The V-one-S is one of the few cars that is suitable for ALL levels of driver. To say that it is not capable of being a race level car does it a major injustice. At our club we have people from novices to people with 10 years plus racetime racing these and kicking arse against any other comparable car in super-tourer and pull-start classes. Yes the v-one-r is a superior car from a balance point of view and from hop-up availability point of view but compare pricing and ask yourself would you give a novice a v-one-r to play with?
These cars have never had a bad revue from any magazine and are extremely durable......just buy it, you won't be sorry and when you get more experienced either drop a real engine in or buy a v-one-r.

GT
Attached Thumbnails kyosho v-one-s good for beginner?-360front.jpg  
Old 08-06-2002, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: V-one-S

do yourself a favour though. check out the gs silicones pro and sports (with .12 rear exhaust, non pull and pull available). don't mean to stir you but it is also a good car. consider it highly if parts support is good in your area. i think it runs the same pulley ratio's as the v1r.

also it uses a pritty easy to set up pivot ball system. a little like adjusting castor. using clips. just put the clip on then tighten until you have tightened it down to the thickness of the clip, then either take the clip out or just leave it.

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 08-06-2002 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with squizzytaylor this car is excellent for any type of driver and is a perfect entry/competition car for anyone.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would agree that the V1S is one of the best beginner cars around. It's easier to set up and the GS 15 is easy to tune. Depending on the track size, I 've seen a stock standard V1S win races up to B mains beating other souped up 5 port turbos (turbos are allowed for racing here).
But I must say that winning races depends alot on the driver's skill.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

To run the V-One S under hard race conditions You need one of two things,
1) Either experience in setting up a car
OR
2) Some One else with experience to set the car up properly

If you have neither the V-One S can get very sloppy even trying to keep it in a straight line,
I got mine racing for the first time,
No experience on a race track + Stock Tyres + Not enough rear toe in + one hell of a torquey GS15-r = Hell of a hard time driving

But as soon as the car is set-up it flys, and some advice if you just got this car, use the maximum caster setting (14 deg)(all the spacers up the front)
Old 08-13-2002, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by V-One S
To run the V-One S under hard race conditions You need one of two things,
1) Either experience in setting up a car
OR
2) Some One else with experience to set the car up properly

If you have neither the V-One S can get very sloppy even trying to keep it in a straight line,
I got mine racing for the first time,
No experience on a race track + Stock Tyres + Not enough rear toe in + one hell of a torquey GS15-r = Hell of a hard time driving

But as soon as the car is set-up it flys, and some advice if you just got this car, use the maximum caster setting (14 deg)(all the spacers up the front)
Set up of cars depends very much on the tracks, but 90% of it depends on the tires used.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Default re v-one-s

the best set-up and the best tyres are still useless in the hands of a fool.

Tyres=20%
Setup=20%
Coordination=30%
Concentration=30%

The best thing about tyres and setup is you can buy or be taught them.

Persistence,practice and open ears are the real secret to winning races the more wheel time you get the more winning time you get and regardless of what some may say money does not =winning, without brains money = more expensive crashes.

But a novarossi engine and Lynx 3d do help!

SeeYa

GT
Attached Thumbnails kyosho v-one-s good for beginner?-ozzylola3.jpg  
Old 08-13-2002, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Im agreeing with Squizzytailor, u can have the best setup, have the car so that it'll glue to the road or depending on driver, slip around, and in the hands of the rong person it can become quite dangerous to be any where near them

The reason i was giving the thing on Caster is that if you set the V-One S to have smallest caster available it rips into the corner on entry, more caster = easier to control when cornering, less twitchy
Old 08-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Re castor

The castor does make a huge difference i run mine at the full 14deg on rubbers as i have a relaxed driving style and i like to let the back end slip just a little depending on the track, but in doing this I also have to adjust front toe out and camber to get it set-up right.On foams I run a totally different set-up.
If I had a dollar for every hour ive spent on track not racing just playing with things like diff oils, shock oils, springs and settings I could probably buy the Kyosho factory and have change but i think that is half the fun.
All it takes is time, money and a really patient wife(who also races a v-one-s)

See Ya
GT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.