R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Car of 2013 (1/10th)

What will be the car of 2013...

Will we see HotBodies shine with the new R10, will Mugen release an updated MTX5 with the new chassis, engine mount and spurs to fix the issues they have been plagued with... Xray are playing the safe card and sticking with an updated 2013 version of their NT1 kit. Serpent are almost 12 months on since they released the 747, will they release an Evo model????

KM Racing will be hoping for a big year with the Evo II since they won the Worlds in November, but on the whole they still don't seem to have cracked the market as yet.

Capricorn... well they have tripled their product range in recent years, will development slow down as a result? DS Motorsport is working on a project of his own with a Capricorn meets MTX5 hybrid car that might even include a KM LiFe battery too boot, some very strong racing genes in that blend!

The unkown is Team Magic, Edam & Shepherd for me, have a feeling Shepherd will be similar to Xray and update their kit...

Food for thought

Andrew
Old 01-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post

Will we see HotBodies shine with the new R10, will Mugen release an updated MTX5 with the new chassis, engine mount and spurs to fix the issues they have been plagued with... Xray are playing the safe card and sticking with an updated 2013 version of their NT1 kit. Serpent are almost 12 months on since they released the 747, will they release an Evo model????

KM Racing will be hoping for a big year with the Evo II since they won the Worlds in November, but on the whole they still don't seem to have cracked the market as yet.

Capricorn... well they have tripled their product range in recent years, will development slow down as a result? DS Motorsport is working on a project of his own with a Capricorn meets MTX5 hybrid car that might even include a KM LiFe battery too boot, some very strong racing genes in that blend!

The unkown is Team Magic, Edam & Shepherd for me, have a feeling Shepherd will be similar to Xray and update their kit...

Food for thought

Andrew
What I hear about Shepherd, they'll make fundamental changes to their V10, not just an update. Only rumours though
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This:

Quote:

DS Motorsport is working on a project of his own with a Capricorn meets MTX5 hybrid car that might even include a KM LiFe battery too boot, some very strong racing genes in that blend!
It won't be an MTX5 hybrid and it won't have a KM battery though.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Daan:

Sorry...
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
This:

It won't be an MTX5 hybrid and it won't have a KM battery though.

What will that be???....
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Daan:

Sorry...
No reason to apologize.

The first idea was to use an Mugen tank and the KM battery but for both I had to make compromises in the design.
So I decided to design and make my own fueltank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
What will that be???....
The DS-110
It won't appear in any form on the internet until May/June.
First week of June we have the B-Euros, then it will probably appear online.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the NT1 - 2013 is going to be the biggest update for the NT1 yet, lowered shock towers, those shocks from the T4, Narrower chassis and front wire anti roll bar like one of the team drivers was running at the worlds.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Tech Regular

well, i really like the blade arb in the front. Real quick to change and test some settings on the track. No need for the wire in my opinion, that will make it a hassle wich i saw on the other brands. Could use a ballbearing rear wire update though.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That would mean new plastics for the NT1.. I don't think you will see Xray working on new molds for the NT1 they're very expensive to make and if they get to that point they'll work on the NT2.

But since the NT1 has been so refined and ironed out and still makes A finals at worlds level, I don't think they'll make the NT2 for some time yet!