Community
Wiki Posts
Search

noob quesiton

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hi aera51, i`m from s`pore too.

V1s2 is a great car. But, from what i`ve gathered, many "grow out of the car" pretty fast .

Accessibility for parts in S`pore is best with HPI & Kyosho. If u`re looking for a car to start with, like me, i`ve got the FW05T. It`s reliable and comes with 2 speed. only thing is that it comes RTR. But besides leaning on my experience alone (i`m only a noob), u should go down to the track 1 day and check out with our local drivers. Many are friendly and willing to help.

Unfortunaly brands like associate ,Yokomo and most other European brands are not found in this part of the world.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

but i wan a to build a car kit myself to understand more and how to assemble..

this helps in my maintainence of the car...
Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hpi rs4 3 ss is a kit and is good for noobs
Old 04-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally posted by dct147
Hi aera51, i`m from s`pore too.

V1s2 is a great car. But, from what i`ve gathered, many "grow out of the car" pretty fast .

Accessibility for parts in S`pore is best with HPI & Kyosho. If u`re looking for a car to start with, like me, i`ve got the FW05T. It`s reliable and comes with 2 speed. only thing is that it comes RTR. But besides leaning on my experience alone (i`m only a noob), u should go down to the track 1 day and check out with our local drivers. Many are friendly and willing to help.

Unfortunaly brands like associate ,Yokomo and most other European brands are not found in this part of the world.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
what european brands cannot be found in your part of the world? isn't the regional serpent support located in sgp?

how about mugen? lots of parts and support too.

HPI & Kyosho are nOT the only cars supported in sgp!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

HPI and Kyosho are indeed not the only brands with support here in Singapore.

It`s just that all shops here have support parts with them (very easily accessed).

Yes Serpent can be found here. But it`s only 1 shop, as far as i`ve scouted (pls correct me if i`m wrong, i`d very much like to know if there are more options also).

Brands like Yokomo cannot be found here. or correct me if i`m wrong.

Not condamming other brands or promoting Kyosho & HPI, i was just helping with my opinion which was what area_51 was seeking for.