Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ask Billy Bowerman Any Rc Related Questions

Ask Billy Bowerman Any Rc Related Questions
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see there is some jokers out in the r/c world, HAHA. Mr. Filo, I will get even with you, I promises..... please do not go to sleep while you are at thE Winter Nats race, lock your hotel door, barricade the door, have some one watch your door, it is not going to matter, I can and I will get in your room. You tube will be liking this vid when I get done with you...

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-06-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

muwahahaha...........
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Mr. Billy could you please tell me how to change a muffler bearing?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dfilo123
Mr. Billy could you please tell me how to change a muffler bearing?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Removing: YES, put the pipe exhaust outlet stinger in you backside hole device that you carry around at all times and blow hard until you feel one of your ball bearings start to spin at a high rate moving it into the second ball, you will feel a little roughness from the bad bearing your trying to change, keep blowing on the inline of the pipe real hard until you feel the pressure from both balls touching into your chamber of the throat area of the pipe, do not stop when you feel them starting to push out that area, then cough real hard and it’s out.
Installation: Butting the NEW ball bearings back in you muffler is a lot easier and less time. This is where I feel you get the enjoyment of learning how to do it yourself. Put the two fresh newer bearing balls in the pipe chamber of your throat and swallow, that’s it, there in.

Thank you for your question
Dr. Silver Fox

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-07-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Removing: YES, put the pipe exhaust outlet stinger in you backside hole device that you carry around at all times and blow hard until you feel one of your ball bearings start to spin at a high rate moving it into the second ball, you will feel a little roughness from the bad bearing your trying to change, keep blowing on the inline of the pipe real hard until you feel the pressure from both balls touching into your camber of the throat area of the pipe, do not stop when you feel them starting to push out that area, then cough real hard and it’s out.
Installation: Butting the NEW ball bearings back in you muffler is a lot easier and less time. This is where I feel you get the enjoyment of learning how to do it yourself. Put the two fresh newer bearing balls in the pipe camber of your throat and swallow, that’s it, there in.

Dr. Silver Fox
Thanks For The Quick Reply Mr. Billy Is It Possible For You To Make A How To Video Of This Process And Post It To YouTube.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Removing: YES, put the pipe exhaust outlet stinger in you backside hole device that you carry around at all times and blow hard until you feel one of your ball bearings start to spin at a high rate moving it into the second ball, you will feel a little roughness from the bad bearing your trying to change, keep blowing on the inline of the pipe real hard until you feel the pressure from both balls touching into your camber of the throat area of the pipe, do not stop when you feel them starting to push out that area, then cough real hard and it’s out.
Installation: Butting the NEW ball bearings back in you muffler is a lot easier and less time. This is where I feel you get the enjoyment of learning how to do it yourself. Put the two fresh newer bearing balls in the pipe camber of your throat and swallow, that’s it, there in.

Dr. Silver Fox
LAFMO
Originally Posted by dfilo123
Thanks For The Quick Reply Mr. Billy Is It Possible For You To Make A How To Video Of This Process And Post It To YouTube.
DBL LAFMO
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

ROFL
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

interesting thread
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lol
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how do you keep your flat top so flat? are garden sheers involved in any way?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Who cares about muffler bearings? I'm still trying to figure out how to change the torque bands.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
how do you keep your flat top so flat? are garden sheers involved in any way?
Hello Matt, I am sorry to inform you that garden sheers are in the past to cutting a perfect flat top. I did not mind using the sheers over the years but getting older and having a bad shoulder it was difficult to hold those over my head for a long period of time. My girlfriend said she would be glad to help me with cutting the flat top that I love so much and said she felt bad and understood the pain I go through with my shoulder, so she said she would help. She came up with a great idea that I would stick my chin in a V shape device that she thought of on her own and if I move my head up and down she would be glad to shape the top flat and the friction from the V device would trim the sides down to my scalp. She said it would take about 20 to 30 minutes before she’s done. My girlfriend did say that there were no guarantees on the v shape device would work or not move around since it was not screwed down the first time or tested.

Thank you for your question.

Dr. Silver Fox
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
Who cares about muffler bearings? I'm still trying to figure out how to change the torque bands.
Hello Wingracer, you have a very unusual question on the torque bands and how to change them. They are easy to change but also I will help you pick the brand and style so you do not have to change them on a regular basis. Once you purchase the correct brand and band you will not have to change them unless they get tighter again. I might be thinking a little off base but I will answer your question the best of my knowledge and being a very observant Doctor even when I am at the races. I think I have only seen you a few times at some of the races when you have stood in front of me waiting to go up the driver stand and walking up the drivers stand to race or practice. I did observe that I thought that this guy is very excited about racing, you were moving around a lot in one spot and when it was time to walk up the drivers stand your movements were real jerky and you were walking extremely quick to the stand so I did realize that your torque bands did needed to be changed. If the band fits to tight, it can stop the blood flow and will result in numinous and wear out quicker. So I realize now you had to move around to keep the blood flowing, it was the discomfort and you just wanted to go practice on the track and go back to the pits and sit down and give yourself some sort of relief..
To answer your question, changing them is very easy. First you will need to change the ones you use now and buy a different band style. The ones you are using currently do not fit you properly. This is usually from weight gain from eating not so healthy foods at the races for 4 and 5 days at a time, especially if you race and travel a lot with this r/c hobby. To start take one leg crank out at a time and put one leg crank in at a time, that’s it, there changed. It’s the tension that makes all the difference. Torque band brands are very difficult to buy until you put them on correctly the first time. First try not to wear the elastic bands too firmly around your leg crank if that is what you like to wear. I personally think that if you went and purchased some Thong Torque Bands where there is no elastic band around your leg crank you would be happier and feeling better. I think have the elastic going up between your two torque cheeks the band will find the center and fit smoother without any discomfort especially in the heat. But keep in mind do not have the torque band too tight between your torque cheeks when standing or it could hurt and tighten up when sitting down and cause problems. I would go to Victoria Secrets and find pure cotton Torque bands, no elastic.

Dr. Silver Fox

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.