R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #31
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Dear Dr. Silver Fox

Could you please explain why its so hard to get the receiver pack in the opening do i need to use some kind of lubracation?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfilo123 View Post
Dear Dr. Silver Fox

Could you please explain why its so hard to get the receiver pack in the opening do i need to use some kind of lubrication?
should probably relax while the process is being performed
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
Did he say two I think you better make it three
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #34
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
Ok guys serious answers only no kidding around.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmotor View Post

I think the most important question to Dr. Silver Fox is how he fix the nut behind the wheel
Hello Gotmotor, someone with that sort of forum name I would think that you could fix the nut behind the wheel without any help needed. That is a very confident name that you use and a beautiful picture of a lady you have as your avatar. I see you never gave me your name. Please do not be shy and come out of the closet and talk to me.
This is all confidential information. I am hoping you’re not using your forum name or avatar as a cover up.

So let’s approach this in a way that I can help you with your problem psychological or actually help fix a broken part. You ask this question in a funny and humors way. Please be serious when you ask your question to me. I take my profession very serious. I feel that you have asked this question in some sort of way you were crying out for help and that is what I am here for, to help you.

So let’s start by fixing and replacing the nut behind the wheel. You first must have the correct nuts, size and wheel; there are actually two nuts holding on the wheel, the one in front and the one in back. Depending on your radio, the threads could also be different; they could be in inches or metric. Please make sure you measure correctly or you can strip the threads on the shaft, no lube is needed just a few tools. The causes of the broken wheel or loose nut is by you holding the wheel too firmly and jerking the radio around, relax a little, I am sure it’s not the first time you have been told this when you’re driving. Enjoy what you’re doing; you’re just having fun with the guys.

Not knowing the radio you use, those nuts could be different thicknesses. So when you take the nuts off, put both nuts in your hand measure the thickness.. Please do not guess at the size, you need to measure them. Please do not assume that 6 inches is 1 foot or 6mm is 100 mm because I know your lying to me, you have to measure with calipers. I need you to be honest with me or I am wasting my time with you. I could say you can fix this at the track if you carry or bring the proper tools and different size nuts with you, but I have seen you at the track and you usually never look like you are carrying any nuts with you or in your box.
The front nut holds the wheel from jerking off or coming loose I should say. The one in back holds the wheel from going in too deep on to the shaft area that could cause stiffness of the wheel. This will not allow the radio to perform properly; so be careful not to screw the nuts on too deep or it can rub on the rubber wheel and tear and then you will have more problems explaining that.
Now you have to pic the color of the nuts you like, all this is doing is add bling to your radio. You need to decide what color you personally like, black, white, red or yellow and then pick the proper size nuts you needed for the shaft that holds the wheel on. So go to the local hobby shop and purchase Play Girl R/C Magazine, this has a variety of color and sizes nuts and wheels you need. Sometimes you can figure out the size of the wheel you like by looking at their feet if that helps.
Go through the pages and look close at the nuts and colors that they offer, also look for the size and thickness you need, remember the thickness of the nut could cause a bind on the shaft of the wheel, so measure correctly the first time. Just take a 5.5mm wrench and hold the wheel and unscrew it, then just jerk the wheel off and set it down, now hold the shaft and unscrew the back nut and you done. Now put everything on the way you took it off.

Thank you for your question
Dr. Silver Fox

Last edited by YLLIB; 01-09-2013 at 08:02 AM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone, I just woke up to someone knocking on my door and I answered it. I got served some paper saying that my Doctors licenses have been revoke. One of my clients got hurt terribly and I am getting sued. I am not allowed to answer any more questions as of now nor am I allowed to reply on anything on this thread topic.

I hope I have helped some of you with your questions and concerns.
I will focus now is on racing r/c car. See you at the track.

Mr. Dfilo, please do not start a new or asinine thread again, I practice and gave advice for free and I am the one that is in trouble over this. LOL.

Thank you for your support
Dr. Silver Fox

LET'S GO RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #37
Tech Regular

damn it !.................
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 180 (99%+)

what !!!!!!!!!!! i have a lot of question to ask

pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #39
Tech Rookie

Hey,

So i have an OFNA road car. 1st thing with i start my kit it only last maybe 10-15 seconds on then quits on me 2nd while on the kit starts moving on its own without me even gassing the kit. Also is if i do get a chance to gas the kit it quits

Tnxs
YAYYAY21 is offline   Reply With Quote