Old 04-30-2005, 06:38 AM   #61
Tech Rookie

Default Neo Attack

I have one still brand new in box
1pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:47 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

Default Neo Attack

I also have still new in box JP TX15 8port modified engine never run,our distributor had to special order them for us,I have one in an Avance and the other one still in box
1pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:22 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
That's great news that the Neo Attack is compatible with Picco and Serpent! Another interesting item of the Neo attack is its width is wider than 235 mm. It measures at 243 mm. Wider is better. Anybody owned one before? Impressions?

I ran the Attack in Region 2 for a couple years. I am proud to say that my car was undefeated during that time. Won the Region 2 champs in 2000. I found the car easy to setup by following the setup sheets on the CRC site.

I was a dealer for CRC during that time. I still have a ton of spare parts for this car, mostly the plastic. I mounted my own rubber, so I can prepare sets of mounted tires as well. Interested NEO owners can obtain this stuff from me at [email protected]
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #64
Tech Master

Default Re: neo attack

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanaddict
I am having some issues with my drivetrain on this car. I think when it was designed 5 years ago, the hottest motors were considerably tamer than they are now. my clutch is coming apart(spring broken twice) adjustment nut loosening (tried blue loc-tite so far it is holding but i haven't pushed it yet). the two speed is loosening up internally and i am chasing the sourse. i am taking it apart tomorrow but i have completely lost 1st gear. i broke the car in with a novamega sx-15 ev-4 ms concept 3 port . back in the day this was a hot motor. i also had zero problems with the car with this motor. I put my rbcx-15 6 port turbo murnan modified in and the car is coming apart! before i spend any more money on a new clutch and 2 speed i am seriously considering getting an 835. parts availability, durability, and a new clutch plus a two speed is around 150.00 new. an 835 is about 375.00 does anybody have any suggestions about which way i should go with this?

Mike, if you have trouble with this car, you will have trouble with the 835. I ran this car for 3 years without these issues. And I ran the best 15's in it that RB had. I am still running those engines and did very very well in the midwest series so it will handle the power. In fact, the drive train is the exact same stuff that NEO used on the 1/8 Sabre which uses a powerfull .21 engine. I suggest you go through your Attack again make sure all is well. If you need help, I will see you at the track.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Default 235

david,
my next to last post on this thread before this one stated that i rebuilt the clutch and 2 speed and i would find out tomorrow if it will work. are you suggesting that i take it apart again?
Why will i have trouble with the 835?
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

He is saying, that if as you mentioned, you are having problems with the drivetrain on the Neo, you will have the same problems with the 835, because the drivetrain on both cars are the exactly the same.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:21 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Default neo

the drivetrains are not exactly the same. you can replace the entire two speed with a serpent two speed but the parts aren't interchangable. i have a serpent 2 speed clutch assembly that i paid 20 bucks for that is useless because it does not work on the neo 2 speed housing. the shoes are thicker than the neos and rub the 1st gear plate. also the inside hole diameter is different so the "cam" that sits between the shoes is jammed in and there is no way the tranny will shift. there was no way to get it back together let alone try to get it to work.

Last edited by sedanaddict; 04-30-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

charg'n the bump box now.... What time are you getting there Mike? I hope to be there by 9ish.

J
Old 04-30-2005, 10:03 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Default tomorrow

i will be there 8:30 ish but after i set up i have to go to church. i won't be back until 10:35
Old 05-01-2005, 06:34 AM   #70
Tech Master

Default Re: neo

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanaddict
the drivetrains are not exactly the same. you can replace the entire two speed with a serpent two speed but the parts aren't interchangable. i have a serpent 2 speed clutch assembly that i paid 20 bucks for that is useless because it does not work on the neo 2 speed housing. the shoes are thicker than the neos and rub the 1st gear plate. also the inside hole diameter is different so the "cam" that sits between the shoes is jammed in and there is no way the tranny will shift. there was no way to get it back together let alone try to get it to work.

Come on, Mike. You only paid $6.00 for those shoes. Your point here doesn't support your previous comment. I have been waiting for you to bring them back so I can give you the complete Serpent assembly that will fit. You and I have already discussed this. You must continue to communicate with me so I can help you.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Default neo

david i don't remember 6.00. i might be wrong about 20.00 but only because i bought something else with them that totaled twenty. i had no intention of returning them because i shaved the shoes down trying to get them to work.I also used one of the locknuts out of the bag on the neo. that is why i did not contact you about the shoes.I posted on this subject to correct a misconseption about the neos similarity to an 835. which is ironic people think that since the neo was out of production before the 835 was ever introduced.
I do not understand your statement"your point here doesn't support your previous comment". i guess you are saying something i said conflicts with something else i said? what is that?
i still would like you to answer my previous question as to why you think i would have trouble with an 835 because i am having trouble with the neo.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #72
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default For Sale 235mm Truer Arbor

I recently got rid of my Impact, so I don't need it anymore. It's a 235mm arbor for a Hudy tire truer. Anyone interested?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #73
Tech Adept

Default Neo

hi guys,

i used to be a neo distributor for both 1/8 and 1/10.
have plently of stock in hand.
for those who are interested pls PM me.
maybe you can get ....$.......$......0000..
thank you.
sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #74
Tech Master

And I thought this thread would finally die.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I finally recieved my Neo kit and I must say it's quite impressive. The construction is still similar to the 8th scales of today. It does need a couple of mods to make it like the 8th scales of today. The Attack is just smaller version of the Saber RX4 so that's why I'm comparing it to the 8th scales. For one, I'm going to have to figure how to lay the servos flat at least the front. Two, I'm going to get some GP Prismatic batteries that looks similar to the chewing gum package or just AAAs. That should fit just right under the gas tank. I might have to raise the gas tank a bit but that's okay since I'm gong to put some o rings for shock absorbtion. I'll get a sheet of carbon fiber to protect the batteries from the hot chassis. The receiver will be right next to the throttle servo so I can lay the steering servo flat. Nitrodude I hope you can help me with that. I'm going to use a combo of stainless and aluminum screws for effective fastening and weight saving. Well that's it so far. I'll focus on roll center adjustments and will definately get some ceramic bearings to make this kit as competitive as it can be.