Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Neo Attack 235mm Road Car >

Neo Attack 235mm Road Car

Neo Attack 235mm Road Car

Old 04-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's great news that the Neo Attack is compatible with Picco and Serpent! Another interesting item of the Neo attack is its width is wider than 235 mm. It measures at 243 mm. Wider is better. Anybody owned one before? Impressions?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by revzalot
That's great news that the Neo Attack is compatible with Picco and Serpent! Another interesting item of the Neo attack is its width is wider than 235 mm. It measures at 243 mm. Wider is better. Anybody owned one before? Impressions?
The reason they made them that size was that they were totally compatible with the 1:8th car. you simply changed the drive train, chassis and radio plate and you had the Saber RX4. At the time there were a lot of complaints about the 243mm width but under the rules the max width for 235mm cars is 243mm. I did run one a few times and it was definately a lot more stable due to the extra width. Shame HPI bought the company out and stopped the production. They were good cars.

Im not sure but Calandra Racing might still have some parts left from when they were the main US dealers.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Neo Attack 235mm Road Car

Originally posted by revzalot
Anyone have one? Know where I can get spare parts and tires? Can I use Impact/835 parts for it?
I still have one of these & about 4 x Neo 8th Scale cars sittting in my garage. Was a former sponsored Neo driver...

I have heaps of tires & wheels for the Attack too. pm your email address & I will send you pics.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Neo Attack 235mm Road Car

Originally posted by Snowy
I still have one of these & about 4 x Neo 8th Scale cars sittting in my garage. Was a former sponsored Neo driver...

I have heaps of tires & wheels for the Attack too. pm your email address & I will send you pics.
YGPM
Old 04-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow good to see NEO drivers still out there. My LHS in Manhatten stocked all the neo parts. Great cars for the price and I love the adaptability they have. Too bad I moved on . No access to parts here.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Wow good to see NEO drivers still out there. My LHS in Manhatten stocked all the neo parts. Great cars for the price and I love the adaptability they have. Too bad I moved on . No access to parts here.
I'll hopefully soon be one.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default X Neo Driver

Sa an X NEO driver I won 2 Australian titles with the 235mm Neo in 1998 and 2000, and also ran the car at the world championships on those years with team NEO.
Just like Snowy I was a factory sponsored driver untill the ass fell out of the NEO drive.
Using Michael Salvens Exact words as he looked at our car in the Neo pits at the 98 Worlds."CLONE" was the only word uttered as he walked away shaking his head. we assume he was referring to the Serpent.
Yes It is wider, they allowed this at the worlds as is not adjustable. I later installes serpent top arms and narrowed the rims slightly so as I could pass through tough Aussie Scrutineering.

Enjoy your NEO I have good memories.
Alex.K
Old 04-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: X Neo Driver

Originally posted by kickass
Sa an X NEO driver I won 2 Australian titles with the 235mm Neo in 1998 and 2000, and also ran the car at the world championships on those years with team NEO.
Just like Snowy I was a factory sponsored driver untill the ass fell out of the NEO drive.
Using Michael Salvens Exact words as he looked at our car in the Neo pits at the 98 Worlds."CLONE" was the only word uttered as he walked away shaking his head. we assume he was referring to the Serpent.
Yes It is wider, they allowed this at the worlds as is not adjustable. I later installes serpent top arms and narrowed the rims slightly so as I could pass through tough Aussie Scrutineering.

Enjoy your NEO I have good memories.
Alex.K
Wow that's good to hear the Neo was competitive in its time. After researching more about this car, I think IT IS still competitive today. I would appreciate if you anyone have any addition info such as setup, construction advise, etc. Good to see this car was not totally forgotten.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

They were at CRC's racing websites, but I can't find em anywhere. I was gonna race them, but changed my mind. I had the NEO, but only had very few help with. I still have the TNT, but not much on it.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It only takes a little work to bring it tune with the current cars...
Attached Thumbnails Neo Attack 235mm Road Car-dsc00070ajpg.jpg  
Old 04-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Adjustable roll center and camber and toe easier to adjust.
Attached Thumbnails Neo Attack 235mm Road Car-dsc000991.jpg  
Old 04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I have NEO Attack and needed some parts. I called CRC ..they have a number of parts still in stock and some "80%" Attack kits that are missing a random item or 2. They are selling them for $100 each. Try them if you need parts.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nitrodude
It only takes a little work to bring it tune with the current cars...
Sweet! I knew someone in here is still tweaking these cars.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Junkie
I have NEO Attack and needed some parts. I called CRC ..they have a number of parts still in stock and some "80%" Attack kits that are missing a random item or 2. They are selling them for $100 each. Try them if you need parts.
Junkie thanks for the tip.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's cool about 235mm cars is you can add 8th scale power to these 10th scalers and now that's ballistic. The power to price ratio is also outrageous for this Neo attack. This car would dominate in outlaw classes and its wide width should be able to handle a .21 size engine. Now that's spine chilling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.