Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2013 On Road Season.MTX5 vs LAB-C02 vs NT1 (12/13) >

2013 On Road Season.MTX5 vs LAB-C02 vs NT1 (12/13)

2013 On Road Season.MTX5 vs LAB-C02 vs NT1 (12/13)

Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 2013 On Road Season.MTX5 vs LAB-C02 vs NT1 (12/13)

Wich of this chassis would you "drivers" choose for this year season?

1- Positive aspects of wich model and negative.?

2- The handling of wich car from the box.?

Thanks.

Ps: I know that are all good. Just choose for the performance of the car.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Capricorn LAB-C02

+Comes fully loaded out of the box
+No failing parts in the kit which need replacement right away
+Good support on Rc tech
+Unique Kevlar pulleys and differentials
+Best clutch available
+Lightest car available

-Part support can vary, depending on in which country you will be racing the car

The stock setup is really good, slight hint of understeer, but very stable and good reaction to steering input. There are quite a few good setups available.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm with same question as you!

Last season i tried the MTX5-, but.... i mean the car is fast and so on but i had lots of troubles with it!

This year i would like to give a try to nt1 or the capricorn. Still kind of cofused wich of those two i'll choose.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 7rac3r3
I'm with same question as you!

Last season i tried the MTX5-, but.... i mean the car is fast and so on but i had lots of troubles with it!

This year i would like to give a try to nt1 or the capricorn. Still kind of cofused wich of those two i'll choose.
easy, if you like the red color and want the best available buy the CAP. hand s down
if you want a easy car what will last you years, buy xray. Still driving a 2009 xray and they hardly break.
If you are wise buy the car wich will give you support locally. No use waiting for parts when a race is scheduled.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Honestly don't think you can go wrong with either one, but i bet u one will suit your driving style just a bit better, problem is being able to drive all 3, and even if u did get that chance, those 3 will still b setup to how the owner likes it.......just roll the dice and pick one!! Xray I'll bet anything is more durable than both anyday!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Honestly don't think you can go wrong with either one, but i bet u one will suit your driving style just a bit better, problem is being able to drive all 3, and even if u did get that chance, those 3 will still b setup to how the owner likes it.......just roll the dice and pick one!! Xray I'll bet anything is more durable than both anyday!
+1

Keep in mind support, availability and price of parts. I know XRAY and Capricorn parts are on the high end but like EVO said, the NT1 is bullet proof. The Capricorn is more for an advanced driver that can honestly tell them self they RARELY hit a wall or someone else.

There are a lot of fast guys in the states that drive the C01-C02 and all same the same thing...a lot of maintenance and "wrenching" to keep things it top performance.

You will be happy with either one. Good luck
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've been trying to decide all winter between the cap and nt1 also.. Really leaning towards the cap cause of the red but I can go to my LHS and pretty much walk out with whatever part I need for the xray, so most likely it's the way ill go.. The only thing I didn't want is to be driving the same car as 95% of the guys at my track( I like to be different) and the other 5% mugen mtx5.. The Capricorn is just soooo damn pretty!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
+1
The Capricorn is more for an advanced driver that can honestly tell them self they RARELY hit a wall or someone else.

There are a lot of fast guys in the states that drive the C01-C02 and all same the same thing...a lot of maintenance and "wrenching" to keep things it top performance.

You will be happy with either one. Good luck
I'm sorry but I can't agree with what you are stating.

The car doesn't break the moment you hit something, it's a strong car which can take a hit.

I think you will see every who's fast working a lot on their cars, no matter which brand they're running, because that's simply what it takes to be fast: the car needs to be 100% every time it hits the track.

The Capricorn cars have two parts which wear out quicker compared to the Xray: the belts and the gearbox. Why?, because the belts in the kit are low friction ones which wear a bit quicker but greatly increase the free roll of the drivetrain. The gearbox wears faster because it's smaller. For every lap a Capricorn makes the gears will make around 25% more revolutions compared to an Xray gearbox. So it also wears around 25% faster.

The parts don't wear because of their quality but because they are designed for optimal performance.
All the Capricorn drivetrain parts can easily match Xray quality, even surpass it if you ask me.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I'm sorry but I can't agree with what you are stating.

The car doesn't break the moment you hit something, it's a strong car which can take a hit.

I think you will see every who's fast working a lot on their cars, no matter which brand they're running, because that's simply what it takes to be fast: the car needs to be 100% every time it hits the track.

The Capricorn cars have two parts which wear out quicker compared to the Xray: the belts and the gearbox. Why?, because the belts in the kit are low friction ones which wear a bit quicker but greatly increase the free roll of the drivetrain. The gearbox wears faster because it's smaller. For every lap a Capricorn makes the gears will make around 25% more revolutions compared to an Xray gearbox. So it also wears around 25% faster.

The parts don't wear because of their quality but because they are designed for optimal performance.
All the Capricorn drivetrain parts can easily match Xray quality, even surpass it if you ask me.
It depends here in the U.S. the track consist of wooden boards and even metal boards which on impact most cars are destroyed
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Well i myself support mugen from years ago. I can tell you the 5 is very adjustable and also very light depending how you setup. Weights are needed just to make minimum weight. I can also suggest that prior knowledge on mugen onroad kit is very important to proper assembly and setup. On the 5 access to essential component like diffs and bearings and belts are quick if confident with working on car. Like running any onroad chassis hard, parts will need replacing.. Mugens are durable but a hard hit can end any car manufacturer's main.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doctormtx5
Well i myself support mugen from years ago. I can tell you the 5 is very adjustable and also very light depending how you setup. Weights are needed just to make minimum weight. I can also suggest that prior knowledge on mugen onroad kit is very important to proper assembly and setup. On the 5 access to essential component like diffs and bearings and belts are quick if confident with working on car. Like running any onroad chassis hard, parts will need replacing.. Mugens are durable but a hard hit can end any car manufacturer's main.
+1 well said
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The NT1's durability and quality has not been surpassed by the other two. Everyone who has run the Cap and the Xray always tells me the same thing. They are both very similar, except the Cap needs twice the maintenance/wrenching time.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Capricorn and xray have refined their respective cars year after year . The mtx5 is totally different from the 4, and new designs sometimes come with problems that needs to be worked out. Don't get me wrong , the 5 is an extremely fast car but one has to pay special attention to detail to get it to work. I never had a cap but I had an xray. Quality is second to none and i know cap is up there as well. Mugen needs a little more time then we can have this discussion again this time next year
Old 10-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

All are great cars... tough decision

Serpent 747

Pass you soon...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
All are great cars... tough decision

Serpent 747

Pass you soon...
I'm pretty sure that my 5 year run with xray is gonna end. Time for a change. A couple of guys in my area will be running a Serpent too, besides one racer who has run it this past season. I did like the Mugens back in the day. But I have a local racer who is now a Serpent dealer. Among other brands. He promises parts and tech support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.