R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
Where is the rookie Thread?! This site is to confusing.
Who says I am ignoring everything
check the clutch,your clutch engaged before you start the engine(the car can't move forward and reverse(i think),you should dismantle the clutch,and the clutch bell should be move freely
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
I did check the clutch and loosened it that is why I asked is the wheels suppose to move when I push the car forward while it is completely switched off before it could not move now it can.
What did you actually loosen? It was stuck?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #18
Tech Master

Jaja!! Give more info!! If its a kit or RTR!!. Stalling cuz it needs more tuning!!! Diffs maybe normal if it gear diffs!!! First time on RCTech Thread. Would not have this problem of guys given a hard time. We're here to help you. Just give better info.
Be patient!! Stalling, just because it starts, doesnt mean you can put it on the ground and run. On stand, Use your TX and give it throttle, it stalls, lean it out more, till it keeps running. Then put it on the ground. First 45 minute It does take Patience!!!

Wheels turning in different direction,cuz it turns the lowerest resistance, on the stand.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

We're y'all race?
Billy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
What did you actually loosen? It was stuck?
I've loosen the screw on the plates.
Jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
I've loosen the screw on the plates.
To my knowledge the clutch has no screws to set is loose or tight. I think you have loosen the screws of the brake....

http://hobbyism.co.nz/downloadable/d...e/sample_id/4/

On page 8 how to set the trim with the throttle and brake.

On page 17 the engine with the clutch.
It is a 2-shoe system with a spring arround it, Kyosho is using the same setup and sometimes the last end will snap, by bending the last winding of the spring you will create a fresh endtip to hook up with the other end.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Where is the rookie Thread?! This site is to confusing.
Who says I am ignoring everything
I didnt say you were, I said you "could", many have in the past matey!!
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

first thing, when you spin any wheel by hand that is attached to a differential in any kind of vehicle the other wheel will spin the opposite direction. both wheels will spin in the same direction once the whole differential assembly spins.

there's really no other component besides the clutch that will cause your issue. unless the motor is just dying out on it's own. there has to be something wrong with the flywheel bearings or the clutch shoes and spring.

Last edited by mtpocketsracing; 01-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.
mtpocketsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Jaja,

Not sure if you have solved your problem yet. There is some good advice here for you but to to better help you resolve this we could use a little more information.

You say the motor stalls when you put it down? So that means when its on a starter box or you are holding it in the air it runs ok? When it is in the air and running are the wheels turning at all (like its running in gear) or are the wheels stationary while the motor is running. This should help identify if its a clutch issue or a motor issue.

If when the car is running (while the wheels are off the ground) and the wheels are turning then there is a clutch problem. What is happening is when you put the car on the ground the traction is putting load on the motor via the clutch causing the motor to stall. Think of it like driving a real car - try taking off from stationary in 4th gear with no revs - the car will stall.

If when the car is running (while the wheels are off the ground) and the wheels are NOT turning then the clutch PROBABLY isnt the cause of the motor stalling. This may point to a tune problem.

If you could comment on the above we will try to further identify the problem.

I have known of similar issues caused by the body blocking the carby intake. Runs fine while holding in the air by the body (as body is flexing away from the carby) but once the body is released it goes back to its natural shape and blocked the air flow.

I dont know half of what the people who have already commented know but more info = better answers

Kind regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

if it does it only when you put it down just hold it but really just check the clutch and how you have it assembled
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote