Wiki Posts
Search

Super EXZES Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Super EXZES Radio

Hey guys. I saw last Sunday Darin Ishitani was trying to use Super EXZES stck radio at Cristal Park. According to his words that is much more responsive then pistol grip. I have already got mine today. It is stick version of M8. Feels really good in hands. I used to play back in russia with stick type on boats and absolutly for sure for me looks like it is much more easy should be control then pistol
Anybody who use both type, can please give some input, sugestions etc.
Thanks a lot
Old 04-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Ed
I been thinking for a while about going back to stick. I may try it this year.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Re: Super EXZES Radio

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey guys. I saw last Sunday Darin Ishitani was trying to use Super EXZES stck radio at Cristal Park. According to his words that is much more responsive then pistol grip. I have already got mine today. It is stick version of M8. Feels really good in hands. I used to play back in russia with stick type on boats and absolutly for sure for me looks like it is much more easy should be control then pistol
Anybody who use both type, can please give some input, sugestions etc.
Thanks a lot
i used to use pistol grip radios in the past like those analog KO EX1s etc. but ever since sanwa/airtronics came out with their computerised stick radio EXZES and later Super EXZES, i stopped using pistol grip radios. when using pistol grip radio, i tend to be trigger happy, but after switching to using stick radio, i tend to roll on the throttle.
the balance of the Super EXZES is also good too, user friendly imho, as compared to KO / Futaba 's computerised stick radios.
i've used the Super EXZES radio for a couple of problem free years already..

Old 04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks a lot for inputs.
Dennis, I got one already and I do belive Airtronics recieved them to stock. Very nice looking transmitter, according to my son very balamnced and because you don't need to hold pistol on hand and can use neck strap-doesn't make hands tired. Leo was playing with it all last night and after one hour he didn't feel tired at all. I look forward for him to start learning to use it on track.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed,

I've only used a stick radio in my 'serious' racing (Futaba 3VC)

I had a Yokomo GT4 + a couple of T-Max trucks which all used steering wheel radios.

What I found is I had a tendancy to hold the steering wheel all the time & did not let the wheel center by itself, this caused lots of problems going around corners!!!

With the stick I find it a lot easier to control a car, especially the steering.

Although I tend not to use a neck strap most of the younger guys in the club use them, holding a transmitter for 30mins solid is tough work for small hands!

All the best

Kevin
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Ed,

I've only used a stick radio in my 'serious' racing (Futaba 3VC)

I had a Yokomo GT4 + a couple of T-Max trucks which all used steering wheel radios.

What I found is I had a tendancy to hold the steering wheel all the time & did not let the wheel center by itself, this caused lots of problems going around corners!!!

With the stick I find it a lot easier to control a car, especially the steering.

Although I tend not to use a neck strap most of the younger guys in the club use them, holding a transmitter for 30mins solid is tough work for small hands!

All the best

Kevin
Looks like you and me had the same problems Kevin. Could never get to grips with the wheel steering either. Sticks are definately easier to operate but then Im flying aeroplanes all the time too so just used to doing it that way. Always felt uncomfortable using the strap. Hated the feeling of it around my neck.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

So, I was right when I was thinking that stick radio is much more precision and easier to drive? On the boats it was, airpalnes I guess too ( never fly one RC plane). Why it is not using by any RC drivers in USA ( at list I haven't seen one yet)? It should be some reason.
Edward
Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Unhappy

Too bad it's only available in 27-band.....
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SMcpot
Too bad it's only available in 27-band.....
It is correct, but I think M8 module will fit and work there. If market will asking for 75 MHz, I guess Sanwa and Airtronics will make it.
Edward
Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default M8 module works

I am using a 40Mhz M8 module on my Super Exzes. It works.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys. Just want to put some update from first time trial of stick radio. It is awsome. First I set carb to 40 % opening at max (to be safe-first time use can happen anything). After 2 tanks I saw my some was able to handle car without make mistakes left/right. After 2 tanks still was problem with throtle/brake-my son was confused, but 2 more tanks and this issue was fixed too. It is about after 8-9 tanks, I did reset carb to full opening and it was ammzing-everything was under control. I did change EXP on steering-it was to responcive for my son. After half day practicing, we did decided, that stick much more potential then pistol grip.
During the practice, one of the fastest guy on our track try it too and he took control over it within 2 laps.
My son found that go through the "S" is much easier then with "wheel".
We found one problem with stick of this model-steering stick ask to be little bit longer. I don't see it as real problem-will order or will make extansion fot it. One more thing-top endo of existing stiks have very harp points. I did sand them down little bit and everything became perfect.
Conclusion is-as I was expected ( expirience from my old days in boating) stick radio is much more presiosion and respincive then pistol grip. On top of it-it is hanging on the neck and doesn't need to be holding for 30min-1 hour main, so hands are not tired at all.
Edward
Old 04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

Anyone knows where can i buy a stick radio, car oriented ?. Im looking for online stores in USA but no one sell stick radios for cars ! ...

thanks,

Pat
Old 04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

Anyone knows where can i buy a stick radio, car oriented ?. Im looking for online stores in USA but no one sell stick radios for cars ! ...

thanks,

Pat
I can get one for you.
Edward
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I can get one for you.
Edward

Hi Edward ... which brand name it is ?. Im specially preocupied with extra-receivers and crystals availability for it ... i usually buy ALL from USA (Towerhobbies, Horizon and Speedtechrc specially) ...
Old 04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

This is Airtronics/Sanwa, SuperEXZES model, stick version of M8