Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended .12 rear exhaust engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Recommended .12 rear exhaust engines

For a nitro TC3, which rear exhaust .12 engines would you recommend for someone new to nitro? I've heard that OS is easier to tune. What else should we look for? Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

the easiest to tune rear exhaust .12 engine i have ever seen is the os max 12 tr w/ pilot shaft slide carb. version engine

good luck man
Old 07-12-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Stick with a 2 needle carb. OS motors are like the VW Bug motors of RC - mine still runs great after a TON of time on it.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

my option ( for what its worth) is that novarossi are the proven .12 engine.
now what sort of novarossi is anyones guess? mt12,Rb Jp to name a few.
i have both the novamega and JP and ive found both very easy to tune and mantain and have NEVER had any problems with either
Old 07-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by David
my option ( for what its worth) is that novarossi are the proven .12 engine.
now what sort of novarossi is anyones guess? mt12,Rb Jp to name a few.
i have both the novamega and JP and ive found both very easy to tune and mantain and have NEVER had any problems with either
Agree with you.

I have a Rex and a JP Novarrosi and those two are the two best motors I've found. Mega 12 MS is way similar to JP Novarrosi (but I prefeer my JP). If the Nova is without the 'MS' (Michael Salven) letters is pretty much similar to a stock novarrosi, that is instead of all a very good motor.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

yeah i would drop a rossi jp in it aswell me mate has one and it goes great and i hardly ever see him have to tune it, it runs great and novarossi is a great brand as we all know
Old 07-15-2002, 03:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Corse-R

Agree with you.

I have a Rex and a JP Novarrosi and those two are the two best motors I've found. Mega 12 MS is way similar to JP Novarrosi (but I prefeer my JP). If the Nova is without the 'MS' (Michael Salven) letters is pretty much similar to a stock novarrosi, that is instead of all a very good motor.
Why is there a preferance to the JP than the MS? Can you tell us what are the differences / mods made inside the engine, if it's possible?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

well the reason why i sugested to put the jp in was i havent had much to do with the ms so why would i sugest a engine that i have not seen what it is capable of and that the jp is said to be the best and and at the track it is buy far the fastest well a cx12 is fine aswell for a cheper engine but boy they go fair good or a thunder tiger evo engine they have the jp rossi piston and sleve in them and it much cheaper so the choice it yours it just depends on how much u wanna spend on an engine and its preformance
Old 07-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

dont worry bout them last 2 engines i mentioned because they are side port, sorry bout that
Old 07-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

if you want fastest production engine money can buy, then any novarossi based engine is a fine choice. they are harder to break in, and their needle settings are more sensitive to any changes made. O.S. engines are easier to handle during break in and like many have said, they are like energizers. they keep going and going.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info. How do you guys feel about buying a used engine, one that's been broken in and run very little?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

it would depend on if u yourself new its history (like if it was your mates) and how they ran it (u dont want a thrashed engine) and have they had any experince with a petrol car before and knew what they where doing with it, if all that checks out then i would start tinking bout it and asking to have a look at its inside and look for any sings of wear but if it has been missused u could say look mate its worn (and tell him i will need to spend money on it after i get it from u) and get it a bit cheaper and then put a new piston and sleve in it or bearings or whatever. because one fella fron radio controlzone bught a engine of ebay and the add said it has only had a half a tank of juice though it and it was kept reallly well and when he got it the first thing he did was strip it and the berings where shot the crank case was stuffed and there was a giant dimpel in the piston (due to a shaft loking tool that hold the sharft so u can take the flywheel nut off) and he hasent got very far oout of this situwation i would be real dussy bout it if u r going to buy second hand parts u either want it of a mate or from a good shop that u can take it back to or a non moving part (if u know what imean like a carbon fiber top deck or something like that something that aint going to wear out

hope this helps
Old 07-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Used engines are a mixed bag. Usually they only have ever had 3 tanks thru them (yeah right). Buy off somebody that you know only. Very dangerous to purchase over the internet since the cost of a piston/sleeve is about 1/2 the cost of a brand new one.
Old 07-16-2002, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

a rossi cx12 piston and sleve is 80 bucks if i rember corectly and the engine is around the 390 mark i could be wrong but around them prices
Old 07-16-2002, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Brett
a rossi cx12 piston and sleve is 80 bucks if i rember corectly and the engine is around the 390 mark i could be wrong but around them prices
Rossi piston/sleeve runs around 120ish depending on model. If you pay more than 320 for a cx12 you are mad. Then you need a wristpin, retainers and conrod, add about 60-80. If you dont replace these you are also mad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.