R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Posts: 53
Default My ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-rich View Post
Here is a photo of my kf01. I hope that I can get the link correct




-Rich
I love the details on your rig. I gotta get me that graphite chassis and stiffener

Current Livery


Latest upgrade, Tuned pipe

1. tuned pipe
2. Lightened flywheel and clutch (R246 Upgrade house) noticeble increase in throttle respones
3. Upgraded brake disc
4. rear and middle bulkheads made of aluminum, parts from Spada 09
5. R246 Cooling head, with this increased air flow as well as being able to use conventional glow plugs

My First Livery




Heads up

1. Longer fuel tubing adds a lap or two to run time depending on track
2. Check out camber adjust spacers (no need of cliper measure)
3. Tamiya trun buckles (any will do in place of stock ones)
4. Aluminum steering pin and knucles increase durability
5. Exceed RC, F103 foams hard front and soft rear
6. Ride height spacer, I'm running a 2.0mm drop (1.5+0.5mm)
momoyluds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Posts: 53
Default rx enclosure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-rich View Post
Here is a photo of my kf01. I hope that I can get the link correct




-Rich
Hi Rich,
Where did you get the rx enclosure?

Marty
momoyluds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyluds View Post
Hi Rich,
Where did you get the rx enclosure?

Marty
Hi Marty,


That is a standard Kyosho nitro receiver cover that I got many years ago for my other nitro cars. The receiver covers came in several different colors. Unfortunately I do not remember what the part number is.

Sorry,
-Rich

Last edited by Racer-rich; 01-28-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Uploaded receiver cover image
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyluds View Post
I love the details on your rig. I gotta get me that graphite chassis and stiffener

Current Livery


Latest upgrade, Tuned pipe

1. tuned pipe
2. Lightened flywheel and clutch (R246 Upgrade house) noticeble increase in throttle respones
3. Upgraded brake disc
4. rear and middle bulkheads made of aluminum, parts from Spada 09
5. R246 Cooling head, with this increased air flow as well as being able to use conventional glow plugs

My First Livery




Heads up

1. Longer fuel tubing adds a lap or two to run time depending on track
2. Check out camber adjust spacers (no need of cliper measure)
3. Tamiya trun buckles (any will do in place of stock ones)
4. Aluminum steering pin and knucles increase durability
5. Exceed RC, F103 foams hard front and soft rear
6. Ride height spacer, I'm running a 2.0mm drop (1.5+0.5mm)
Man that is one sweet ride!

My thinking on the stiffener was that it will help prevent the bottom chassis from bending in a really hard crash and not so much for handling reasons.

If you want some decals for you McLaren body I got mine from F1paintlab
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...-6-full-sheet/

I noticed that there is a fair amount of droop in the rear axle, did you adjust the droop if so how?

-Rich
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Posts: 53
Default Droop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-rich View Post
Man that is one sweet ride!

My thinking on the stiffener was that it will help prevent the bottom chassis from bending in a really hard crash and not so much for handling reasons.

If you want some decals for you McLaren body I got mine from F1paintlab
http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...-6-full-sheet/

I noticed that there is a fair amount of droop in the rear axle, did you adjust the droop if so how?

-Rich
Hi Rich,
I used R246 ride height spacers. They mount between the chassis and the bulkhead, both on the front and rear. We have a treated surface we run on and with foams, I needed to lower the center of gravity of the car, it corners on rails

In your case, running out side, you may need to run a tad higher, lest the track is purpose built, then drop your kit when using foams. With rubber, I need to increase ride height and softer springs out rear, I'd say med to even soft for more rear end grip. it should give you a good baseline, but I'd suggest doing some on track testin with a stop watch, and see which setup works for you

-marty
momoyluds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,210
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

These posts are REALLY tempting me to contact Banzai Hobbies!!
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Droop

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyluds View Post
Hi Rich,
I used R246 ride height spacers. They mount between the chassis and the bulkhead, both on the front and rear. We have a treated surface we run on and with foams, I needed to lower the center of gravity of the car, it corners on rails

In your case, running out side, you may need to run a tad higher, lest the track is purpose built, then drop your kit when using foams. With rubber, I need to increase ride height and softer springs out rear, I'd say med to even soft for more rear end grip. it should give you a good baseline, but I'd suggest doing some on track testin with a stop watch, and see which setup works for you

-marty
Hi Marty,
Thanks, sorry but i think that i did not ask the question well enough, as I think that you are talking about ride height and not what i call droop. Let me try asking the question differently.
When you raise the rear of the car from rest there is a small difference in ride height between when the springs are still engaged and pressing against the axle and when the rear tires actually leave the ground as you continue to raise the rear of the car. This difference in ride height between when the spring stop pushing against the axle and when the tires actually lift is what I would call droop. I see about 4mm of droop on my car and about 6mm normal ride height in the rear (I am using 2mm of spacers in the rear).

How much droop are you seeing if any on you car?

Does the metal rear bulkheads you have got an adjustment screw to limit how far the axle can move downward? That would be the droop adjuster.

-Rich
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mandaluyong, Philippines
Posts: 53
Default droop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-rich View Post
Hi Marty,
Thanks, sorry but i think that i did not ask the question well enough, as I think that you are talking about ride height and not what i call droop. Let me try asking the question differently.
When you raise the rear of the car from rest there is a small difference in ride height between when the springs are still engaged and pressing against the axle and when the rear tires actually leave the ground as you continue to raise the rear of the car. This difference in ride height between when the spring stop pushing against the axle and when the tires actually lift is what I would call droop. I see about 4mm of droop on my car and about 6mm normal ride height in the rear (I am using 2mm of spacers in the rear).

How much droop are you seeing if any on you car?

Does the metal rear bulkheads you have got an adjustment screw to limit how far the axle can move downward? That would be the droop adjuster.

-Rich
Hi Rich,
If there is any droop, it was unintentional. I simply ordered the rear bulkheads of Spada 09, I assumed they were the same dimensions and opted to use them. I don't recall seeing an adjustment screw, but I think some further scruteneering is in order

marty

Last edited by momoyluds; 01-30-2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: ooops
momoyluds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Default

I am trying to confirm what the SP kit comes with. I comes with the different chassis and top plate and ball diff, does it come with the two speed?
fritzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default SP kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzzz View Post
I am trying to confirm what the SP kit comes with. I comes with the different chassis and top plate and ball diff, does it come with the two speed?
Hi,
The SP version does not include a two speed or the tuned pipe. The listed options included are:

-carbon main chassis and 7075 alum engine plate.
-carbon top chassis.
-ball diff.
-stainless steel front king pins.
-kit is packaged without body so you can choose your preferred formula body from the three available.

Here is the Kyosho website for the kit:

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=107675

I hope that this answers your questions,

-Rich
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Droop

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyluds View Post
Hi Rich,
If there is any droop, it was unintentional. I simply ordered the rear bulkheads of Spada 09, I assumed they were the same dimensions and opted to use them. I don't recall seeing an adjustment screw, but I think some further scruteneering is in order

marty
Ok, thanks for looking.
The reason I was asking is that adjusting the droop can help with the weight transfer under braking i.e. help with the oversteer entering into a corner.

-Rich
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-rich View Post
Hi,
The SP version does not include a two speed or the tuned pipe. The listed options included are:

-carbon main chassis and 7075 alum engine plate.
-carbon top chassis.
-ball diff.
-stainless steel front king pins.
-kit is packaged without body so you can choose your preferred formula body from the three available.

Here is the Kyosho website for the kit:

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=107675

I hope that this answers your questions,

-Rich
Thanks Rich, the main thing I was unsure about was the two speed as one of the posts in here mentioned the two speed was in the SP kit. Mine will be a shelf queen so I'll go with the basic kit and buy the ball diff and two speed rather than buying the SP kit, two speed and a body.
fritzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,210
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

How much are the tuned pipe and the two speed?
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
How much are the tuned pipe and the two speed?
Hi,
Current prices at bonzai hobby:
Kfw025- two speed transmission set for kf01 =>$33.38
Kfw019- tuned pipe for kf01 => $50.95

Link to bonzai hobby:

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...pto=&x=35&y=12

-Rich

Last edited by Racer-rich; 01-30-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Add link to bonzai hobby
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Exceed tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyluds View Post
I love the details on your rig. I gotta get me that graphite chassis and stiffener

Current Livery


Latest upgrade, Tuned pipe

1. tuned pipe
2. Lightened flywheel and clutch (R246 Upgrade house) noticeble increase in throttle respones
3. Upgraded brake disc
4. rear and middle bulkheads made of aluminum, parts from Spada 09
5. R246 Cooling head, with this increased air flow as well as being able to use conventional glow plugs

My First Livery

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/broadsiden.jpg/]

Heads up

1. Longer fuel tubing adds a lap or two to run time depending on track
2. Check out camber adjust spacers (no need of cliper measure)
3. Tamiya trun buckles (any will do in place of stock ones)
4. Aluminum steering pin and knucles increase durability
5. Exceed RC, F103 foams hard front and soft rear
6. Ride height spacer, I'm running a 2.0mm drop (1.5+0.5mm)
Hi Marty,

Where do you get your exceed RC tires from?

Thanks,
-Rich
Racer-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
f1-1/10 nitro, kyosho kf01


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net