Serpent 977 Viper

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

this is a nice car...
Old 03-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking "in transit"...where is that brown delivery truck?

I'm looking forward to building my new 977 Viper this weekend.

"Doppio Espresso please?"

Plan to shake it down at the Airtronics Race in California next week...no stress.

Keep you posted.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hopefully me too
Old 03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee

Plan to shake it down at the Airtronics Race in California next week...no stress.

Keep you posted.
Enjoy the building Paulie... See you in a week...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Keep you posted.
So the kits should get in this week??
Can anybody confirm this?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Next week is when they get the kits, is what i heard. Paulie must be special. lol
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Building the 977

Originally Posted by wad
Enjoy the building Paulie... See you in a week...
Thank you Walter.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just ordered my SERPENT VIPER 977 with some optionals. Can't wait to play it!!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by victor1997621
I just ordered my SERPENT VIPER 977 with some optionals. Can't wait to play it!!
Everyone expecting your return!!!!
TRC is rennovating now, join us and tell us what is .19 engine
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Honestly, I just heard about a stable push of .19 engines from someone. Doesn't mean its gonna be using .19 engines. If I give a wrong message I apologize. I'll go to TRC track in July.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Keep you posted.
awesome....any build pics?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by PNT2000
awesome....any build pics?
Sorry I didnt take any pictures. I will say that you will all be very very happy building this masterpiece. Awesome build that was flawless. No surprises. This 977 Viper was the nicest car I've ever built and I've built many brands and even other serpent 1/8 scale cars. This 977 is totally different. Trust me, you are going to like this. I started Sat morning and was was finished by Sunday afternoon with no stress at all. I just took my time and it just came together perfectly.

Just a couple of notes for when you get your kits:

In step #1 the brake pin guide should be pressed down with a flat object (tire file) as it "seems" that it doesnt fit but this is by design. Place the alum bearing block on your set-up board flat and line up the guide and with a flat steel file or similar just press down firmly or use a press of course.

Try to place the brake cam holder, both ways. One way will touch the brake guide on the bottom by 1 mm and if you screw it into the alum bearing block you could damage the cam holder. Just flip it upside down and you will see that it sits flush. Then screw the two 3mm screws in that mounts it.

Step 74, if using short wheel base 0mm (Rear), must place two(2) 2mm spacers between body mount and carbon fiber guide to avoid rubbing of guide with rear shock tower.

If the pipe holder wire (wow big deal) is a bit too thick (maybe .5 mm) for Novarossi pipes… just kidding, no big deal, just go around it a couple of times with a round grinding stone to remove some material as needed. I guess the other brands such as Picco pipes, etc may have a larger mounting hole on the tip.

Other than these few tips, this was an easy car for anyone "at any level" to build.
If you have any questions, let's post on here for everyone to benefit from.

I heard Empire Racing will have some fun stuff for this already perfect jewel.

Enjoy!

Paulie

Last edited by Paulie Bee; 03-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry I didnt take any pictures. I will say that you will all be very very happy building this masterpiece. Awesome build that was flawless. No surprises. This 977 Viper was the nicest car I've ever built and I've built many brands and even other serpent 1/8 scale cars. This 977 is totally different. Trust me, you are going to like this. I started Sat morning and was was finished by Sunday afternoon with no stress at all. I just took my time and it just came together perfectly.

In step #1 the brake pin guide should be pressed down with a flat object (tire file) as it "seems" that it doesnt fit but this is by design. Place the alum bearing block on your set-up board flat and line up the guide and with a flat steel file or similar just press down firmly or use a press of course.

Try to place the brake cam holder, both ways. One way will touch the brake guide on the bottom by 1 mm and if you screw it into the alum bearing block you could damage the cam holder. Just flip it upside down and you will see that it sits flush. Then screw the two 3mm screws in that mounts it.

Step 74, if using short wheel base 0mm (Rear), must place two(2) 2mm spacers between body mount and carbon fiber guide to avoid rubbing of guide with rear shock tower.

If the pipe holder wire (wow big deal) is a bit too thick (maybe .5 mm) for Novarossi pipes… just kidding, no big deal, just go around it a couple of times with a round grinding stone to remove some material as needed. I guess the other brands such as Picco pipes, etc may have a larger mounting hole on the tip.

Other than these few tips, this was an easy car for anyone "at any level" to build.

Enjoy!

Paulie
Thanks for the information, can't wait to get mine.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Enjoy!

Paulie

great ,....thx...
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Enjoy!

Paulie
Thanks Paulie, mine should be here soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.