R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default NTC3 one way

Will a one way diff from a TC3 work on a NTC3?
wurthusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

they make a one way, and a heavy duty one way. They are interchangeable, but for a nitro car you would do better with the HD one way. Also, the diffs are interchangeable, but the electric car uses different outdrives than the nitro car.

So I guess the answer is yes, the diff is the same, but you need to use the correct outdrives.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Fisher
they make a one way, and a heavy duty one way. They are interchangeable, but for a nitro car you would do better with the HD one way. Also, the diffs are interchangeable, but the electric car uses different outdrives than the nitro car.

So I guess the answer is yes, the diff is the same, but you need to use the correct outdrives.
I do not know the rest of the 1-way, but I know the HD 1 way for NTC3 use the special ball bearing that you cannot buy them seperately from anywhere in this world....
So I doubt the TC3 1 way will work on the NTC3 diff case....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Tech Elite

You can buy those bearings straight from Associated. What determines if the bearing fits in the case is the OD of the bearing. The diff cases for the TC3 and the NTC3 are the same therefore the OD of the bearing is the same.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog55
Default bearings

yes the outside dimensions are the same on the bearing but the hd 1-way has larger inside diameters. i have a reg nitro 1-way a heavy nitro 1 way and an electric 1 way the reg and electric the std diff bearings slide right on the hd the std bearings do not fit. i have not been able to find replacements for the hd. if you have the ae # for hd bearings let me know.
Rudedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #6
Tech Elite

If you buy the Associated HD NTC3 one way (not the Yokomo... yes I know they are the same, but the packaging is different and that is the important part) it will come with a piece of paper that will give the part number of the bearing. I don't run the NTC3 anymorem, but that is how I got the part number. At that point you can call AE and use a credit card to buy the bearings...
They aren't expensive.

Also, I know this much.. The HD TC3 one way and the HD NTC3 one way are the same part number. The outdrives are what is the difference????