Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What motor?

I have a duratrax evader st nitro and i converted it to a drag racer. I sold the motor off of it with my old tmaxx so right now i have no motor. What motor should i get for a good drag racer? i would like to spend no more than $200 but i still want a dependable motor
Old 04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default motor

i think you are asking a tough question because i am not aware of too many drag racing evaders. O.S. is always a good way to go for dependability and decent h.p. are you looking for a pull start or non pull start motor? o.s also has the biggest selection of shaft type , carb type, pull start non etc. i do not know much about drag racing so maybe there are motors especially made just for drag racing. but for 200.00 o.s. is hard to beat
Old 04-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

i want a p/s and i found the team orion wasp .28. it is $169, does anybody know if that a good motor?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default motor

it is a good motor in a monster truck. i think you have to do some mods to the chassis to get it to fit in that truck and if you get it to fit you will be fighting the front end to stay on the ground. I think there are many small blocks that will drop in and give all the h.p. that truck can handle.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

i found a rc drag website and they sell a .12 motor specifically for drag but it is $250. I have a wheelie just not installed yet. How is the epic .18 are they reliable? How about Peak engines? The OS .18 is the hardest motor to crank NO O.S.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone heard anything bad about the team orion .12 wasp turbo head slide carb?
Attached Thumbnails What motor?-orig8052.jpg