R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   OFNA GT-V2 SERIES 1/8TH GT ON-ROAD PRO/RTR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/679983-ofna-gt-v2-series-1-8th-gt-road-pro-rtr.html)

-R2- 11-20-2012 03:38 PM

OFNA GT-V2 SERIES 1/8TH GT ON-ROAD PRO/RTR

This the start of the GT-V2 thread on nitro for both Pro and RTR cars.

Ask questions, show your car, relate on how-to's, custom options or after market options and beautiful paintjobs and action pics.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jspeed 11-20-2012 06:33 PM

Good luck with the new car, the more the better! ;)

BIGCAT TX 11-21-2012 08:56 AM

Is this a new ofna car or the teamC line distributed by ofna?

thunderbt3 11-21-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX (Post 11466421)

Team C car re-badged to Ofna

-R2- 11-21-2012 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX (Post 11466421)

Yes this is the Team C car dist. by OFNA, so now we have the car with inventory stock of kits and parts here in the U.S. so now trying to get parts for it will be easier for shops to order direct from us or their Distributors, no need to wait for weeks for replacement parts.

Right kits are here parts are on their way, other awsome products that you will want to have from Team C brought into by OFNA. You gonna love this stuff:smile:

1966ss 11-21-2012 04:30 PM

i wonder how its going to stack up to the serpent? that long chassis turns me off a little

-R2- 11-21-2012 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1966ss (Post 11467681)
i wonder how its going to stack up to the serpent? that long chassis turns me off a little

It's the same as Kyosho in terms of WB.

scary_jerry 11-21-2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1966ss (Post 11467681)

I saw the 'TeamC' run with the Cobra GT at Timezone GP this last summer and it did very well. Like many will tell you, 'it's many times the driver that makes the difference'. 'Spooky' was running in the front group in A Main GT8 until his 1way problem flared up...again. But our 'Terrible Ty' with this being his first year racing got the bump from B Main and finished 5th in the A Main with his TeamC (also with 1way problem). You must understand that 'Paulo' was running the Cobra GT with an amazing display of driving......I called it 'surgically slicing through traffic'. All I could say was wow. The TeamC....(OFNA)....turns quicker than my Kyosho GT but I'm hoping Kyosho addresses the issue with new caster blocks...hint...hint...hint. :D

Spooky won't give up his TeamC but Terrible TY and his dad ('Dog Bone') are running Cobra GT now.

Long or short, the TeamC guys love them.......so I'll be the one to tell OFNA (1) deal with the failure rate in the 1way and (2) put the 150cc tanks in them!

I can't give up my Kyosho GT......so I'm over in the corner working on 'Project MONGOOSE'....:sneaky:

-R2- 11-21-2012 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by scary_jerry (Post 11467784)
I saw the 'TeamC' run with the Cobra GT at Timezone GP this last summer and it did very well. Like many will tell you, 'it's many times the driver that makes the difference'. 'Spooky' was running in the front group in A Main GT8 until his 1way problem flared up...again. But our 'Terrible Ty' with this being his first year racing got the bump from B Main and finished 5th in the A Main with his TeamC (also with 1way problem). You must understand that 'Paulo' was running the Cobra GT with an amazing display of driving......I called it 'surgically slicing through traffic'. All I could say was wow. The TeamC....(OFNA)....turns quicker than my Kyosho GT but I'm hoping Kyosho addresses the issue with new caster blocks...hint...hint...hint. :D

Spooky won't give up his TeamC but Terrible TY and his dad ('Dog Bone') are running Cobra GT now.

Long or short, the TeamC guys love them.......so I'll be the one to tell OFNA (1) deal with the failure rate in the 1way and (2) put the 150cc tanks in them!

I can't give up my Kyosho GT......so I'm over in the corner working on 'Project MONGOOSE'....:sneaky:

I have not driven the car yet but waiting for one to run, so the one-way bearing is something to see, the tanks will be 125cc in the kits but we will certainly offer the 150cc as option.

bigjez 11-21-2012 05:53 PM

-r2- ever thought about converting your saber x3.

CHALAS RACING 11-21-2012 08:37 PM

Hi guys

Originally Posted by -R2- (Post 11467878)
I have not driven the car yet but waiting for one to run, so the one-way bearing is something to see, the tanks will be 125cc in the kits but we will certainly offer the 150cc as option.

I test it last Sunday and was very fast and verygood performance,next day I bought one Now I am waiting for it.
The car has 1500cc no 125cc
Mi friend ran it and he has only one problem with the hex screw of the transmition, so the the loctie fix it. :sneaky:

Joseph16 11-22-2012 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by CHALAS RACING (Post 11468495)
I test it last Sunday and was very fast and verygood performance,next day I bought one Now I am waiting for it.
The car has 1500cc no 125cc
Mi friend ran it and he has only one problem with the hex screw of the transmition, so the the loctie fix it. :sneaky:

Juan the fuel tank that comes with the kit is 125cc!! You can get the 150cc thank as an Option...
Get it ready so we can have fun in florida in january! Good luck Bro.

Tabushi 11-22-2012 09:40 AM

Already tested it on my home track in Chile - Southamerica.

Comparing it with DM1S, its have more agility entering/exiting curves, it launches very hard compared to DM1S, 2-speed very consistent on the shifting, overal great car.

Downside, pinion/spurs relation is too short, i mean over 40-45 meters straight and it gets too short and we didnt had other options to test.

Now, we put the 2 speed box of the GTV2 on the old DM1S ... WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW on 16/20 pinions was already faster than the longer ratio of the DM1S ... i will race test it this coming weekend.

regards,

Herrsavage 11-22-2012 09:53 AM

Does that mean that the 2-speed and clutch bell/pinions will interchange between the Team C car and the DM-1? More spefically, can you run a Team C CB in the DM-1?

Tabushi 11-22-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Herrsavage (Post 11470207)
Does that mean that the 2-speed and clutch bell/pinions will interchange between the Team C car and the DM-1? More spefically, can you run a Team C CB in the DM-1?

I tried the other way around ... GTV2 Spur set and full 2 speed system on 16/20 and 17/21 DM1S CB's ...