R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We looked at the gear ratio and I believe we are going to get a change for it also as an option, so the OFNA product as option is great for both V2 and TC.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Already tested it on my home track in Chile - Southamerica.

Comparing it with DM1S, its have more agility entering/exiting curves, it launches very hard compared to DM1S, 2-speed very consistent on the shifting, overal great car.

Downside, pinion/spurs relation is too short, i mean over 40-45 meters straight and it gets too short and we didnt had other options to test.

Now, we put the 2 speed box of the GTV2 on the old DM1S ... WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW on 16/20 pinions was already faster than the longer ratio of the DM1S ... i will race test it this coming weekend.

regards,
That's because the internal ratio in the GT-V2 is much shorter despite the spur/pinion spread. For example the GT2's internal ratio is 3.30:1 vs. 4.30:1 on the GT-V2. This translate into much taller gearing given the same spur/pinion spread---thus more top end.
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A main it's carrying this car yet!!!! That worries me support wise!!!
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Where can you find the stock tires for this car?
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to abi787

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Where can you find the stock tires for this car?
try nitro house.
MRRC Raceway Manorville Long Island N.Y.
abi787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
A main it's carrying this car yet!!!! That worries me support wise!!!
try nitro house.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

One way issue is solved.
http://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bear...-bearings.html

been two weeks now and about 2 gallons with no issues.

We are trying to get the factory to include a higher quality bearing in the kit
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Questions??

Do any of you guy's think this New Ofna V2 GT.will be able to keep up
with thee Serpent Gt and the Kyosho Gt2.??
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi787 View Post
By all means yes, mainly because of the flat front with no kickup. The steering is much better especially on power. They also do not wear front tires nearly as bad as the Serpent.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastVW View Post
That's because the internal ratio in the GT-V2 is much shorter despite the spur/pinion spread. For example the GT2's internal ratio is 3.30:1 vs. 4.30:1 on the GT-V2. This translate into much taller gearing given the same spur/pinion spread---thus more top end.
I think you have that backwards unless i am misunderstanding. a 4:30 has less top end than 3:30 given the same spur/pinion.
In my testing I am quickly finding out that the stock spurs are to small for on road engines but good for Off road engines. I am running the optional 43/47 with an XZR and its a missile!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I think you have that backwards unless i am misunderstanding. a 4:30 has less top end than 3:30 given the same spur/pinion.
In my testing I am quickly finding out that the stock spurs are to small for on road engines but good for Off road engines. I am running the optional 43/47 with an XZR and its a missile!
Yes, my math is correct but i inverted shorter and taller. Basically, the GT-V2 lacks top end compared to the GT2 due to the shorter (4:30) internal ratio (given the same spur/pinion combo).
KF01 - F1, Serpent Viper 977WC, Serpent Natrix 748
1FastVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi787 View Post
The Team C is the only car out right now that competes with the Serpent for a top of line line kit. I've had both the short an long chassis and loved them both. Coming from an Inferno and going into a Team C you will not believe how much this car turns in. The car is absolutely planted and with the right setup it is a force to be recconed with. The Long chassis lacks a bit of that turn in but still far out does the inferno. Quality wise the kit is amazing, every little tweak you were doing to your Inferno is already implemented on the Team C.

In comparison to a Serpent I have to lean in the corner of the Serpent. Yes after my run with the Team C to Include a 5th place A Main at the Timezone GP I decided to go with the Cobra GT. Currently where I race there was 4-5 with the Team C cars and no one with the Cobra due to a local hobby shop carrying the Team C in store. I decided to grab a Serpent of of Amain and I've been nothing but impressed. The Team C you can still see the 8th buggy, the Cobra GT is stricktly race car with every detail well though out and purpose built. Parts are much easier to get a hold of; for now anyway. I'm really hoping OFNA takes the Team C and gives it the option parts and replacement support it needs to take off.

The Team C car is a solid platform that with the right support and will be knocking on Serpents door very soon. If you are looking to change chassis in your GT this is a solid choice with a promising future. Currently there are some quality issues with the one ways and this has been going on since launch. I contacted the USA representative for Team C and was told this was being addressed almost a year ago. We also have had some amusing miss-packed kits with missing or duplicate parts that inhibit you from completing your build. Looking forward with the backing of OFNA these issues are going to disappear and this kit is going to be awesome. Watch for this kit to be on the podium soon!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
Tech Champion

I am working with Roy right now and have already solved the shifting issues which turned out to only be a 4.00 higher quality one way bearing! nothing else has been changed I have also cured the turn in issue with the long chassis, and it wasnt really an issue just turned out to be really soft springs and some Roll center adjustments on the towers. I am now running Serpent springs front and rear as well as short shocks all the way around. The car is money right now!

V2 is coming soon and will fix all of the minor issues plus make some changes that will make it more of a dedicated on road setup. I do dis agree in that the Serpent is any more on road than the Team C, it has the same converted parts and still utilizes the same off road parts that the Team C does. Only differently converted part that i know of is the fact that it uses the same size front and rear shocks.

With OFNA grabbing the brand it will help mainly due to the numbers, this is really the first real growth year for the class so the more kits that sell the more development I get to do to the car. If all goes well the V2 will be perfect out of the box and then V3 will utilize some major changes! I will be running some prototype parts this weekend in Homestead at the nats so keep posted!!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's up guys? I made a GT-V2e RTR out of the box on radar video on 4s/mini review. Check it out if you get bored. The rtr version definatley needs some tuning and decent tires. Stock tires make it a drift king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4U...e_gdata_player
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was at a track in OHIO yesterday , and this car put the WHOOPIN on a couple of cobra serpents, electric cars though
PRoBoaT STiLeTTo <>TRaXXaS SPaRTaN
FLoJo is offline   Reply With Quote