R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   MOST POPULAR 200mm worlds body??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/677690-most-popular-200mm-worlds-body.html)

1evo RRR Driver 11-12-2012 09:00 AM

MOST POPULAR 200mm worlds body???

1 Attachment(s)
Fellas quick question, can any of you identify the body that groskamp, hara, are using at the worlds?? Seems to b the most popular.......thanks

azeroth 11-12-2012 09:11 AM

looks like a p37-n to me but....

thunderbt3 11-12-2012 09:37 AM

Body in the pic is the Protoform P37-N. Some drivers are also using the Protoform SRS-N.

1evo RRR Driver 11-12-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by thunderbt3 (Post 11432493)
Body in the pic is the Protoform P37-N. Some drivers are also using the Protoform SRS-N.

Yeah i thought the srs and the spark would be the majority!! Since there the latest greatest but, if you look at the gallery on redrc, i would say 90%of the cars track pics are the p37.......hhmmm interesting

Adrean 11-12-2012 10:15 AM

Team PROTOform's Jilles Groskamp, reigning Electric TC World Champ, is on top of the charts through final practice at the Nitro Worlds with a PROTOform P37-N! I take this from Protoform Facebook Page !

Cheers

1evo RRR Driver 11-12-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 11432630)
Team PROTOform's Jilles Groskamp, reigning Electric TC World Champ, is on top of the charts through final practice at the Nitro Worlds with a PROTOform P37-N! I take this from Protoform Facebook Page !

Cheers

Thanks, thought it was just the mortal drivers that copied the immortals lol! And run what the fastest are running, but it looks like even the immortals copy eachother!! I'm guessing that jilles/hara were extremely fast, cars looked really good with the p37 and everyone else pulled there's out!!

Adrean 11-12-2012 10:47 AM

But At Least there are Two Different Bodies in The 1-2 Places , Dario its Running Protoform SRS-N and he is in second Place ! And Yes but if you see the REDRC video It Looks Hara Fastest at corners Than Jilles but its just our thoughts hehe not in the Paper hehe !!!

Cheers

1evo RRR Driver 11-12-2012 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 11432766)
But At Least there are Two Different Bodies in The 1-2 Places , Dario its Running Protoform SRS-N and he is in second Place ! And Yes but if you see the REDRC video It Looks Hara Fastest at corners Than Jilles but its just our thoughts hehe not in the Paper hehe !!!

Cheers

I agree, but on day 2 vid heat 10......meen vjack looked faster than all from corner to corner......i kept telling a fellow racer of mine that the srs is not the fix all body, its to darty for me, doesn't roll thru the corners well, for my driving style it almost feels like drag brake.....suits his tho because he uses drag brake sometimes......will have to give the 37 another go, just seems like when new bodies come out, we automatically forget about what we were running prior, i haven't seen a p37 in over a year locally!!

JamesHealey 11-12-2012 12:16 PM

I still have a DNA 3.0 which I know it seriously out of fashion now but in the wet, nothing else I've tried goes better..

The Blitz RS4 is great in lower traction situations too, which the worlds won't have obviously cause there's 150-200 cars racing around all day.

I prefer the RS4 to the SRS-N which I don't think works for my driving style.

Perez 11-14-2012 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver (Post 11432953)
I agree, but on day 2 vid heat 10......meen vjack looked faster than all from corner to corner......i kept telling a fellow racer of mine that the srs is not the fix all body, its to darty for me, doesn't roll thru the corners well, for my driving style it almost feels like drag brake.....suits his tho because he uses drag brake sometimes......will have to give the 37 another go, just seems like when new bodies come out, we automatically forget about what we were running prior, i haven't seen a p37 in over a year locally!!

That's all I run!

EricPF 11-14-2012 07:41 AM

The majority of racers are opting for the PROTOform P37 over the SRS. Lemieux, Hagberg and Pietsch are a few who have stuck with the SRS. A few guys (Balestri, Spataro) are running P37's with the headlight decals of the SRS, creating a little confusion at first glance :lol:

The track in Bangkok is extremely high grip and high speed, which suits the reduced downforce and drag that the P37 offers, opposed to the ultra-aggressive downforce and handling of the SRS.