R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #331
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,271
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Face it, we do not have that many tire distributors that we can make a fair deal spread over many manufacturers. And to make an interesting deal on the uge amount of tires we must have enough money, a storage box and transportation. At least 300 sets a national x 6 is 1800 sets. Lets say 15 euro a set is 27.000 euro, devided by 54 drivers is 500 euro above the 100 euro licence so the licence will cost you 600 euro and then you have payed for 5 sets of tires a race.
Not to mention the extra 1 or 2 persons neede to hand out the tires and counting who has used how much.

As a driver you may think it is easy, but as an organiser it is a disaster....

So yes, let the saucing begin, every driver can choose his own tires and sauce and he can even make a choice if he want to sauce or not.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #332
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Face it, we do not have that many tire distributors that we can make a fair deal spread over many manufacturers. And to make an interesting deal on the uge amount of tires we must have enough money, a storage box and transportation. At least 300 sets a national x 6 is 1800 sets. Lets say 15 euro a set is 27.000 euro, devided by 54 drivers is 500 euro above the 100 euro licence so the licence will cost you 600 euro and then you have payed for 5 sets of tires a race.
Not to mention the extra 1 or 2 persons neede to hand out the tires and counting who has used how much.

As a driver you may think it is easy, but as an organiser it is a disaster....

So yes, let the saucing begin, every driver can choose his own tires and sauce and he can even make a choice if he want to sauce or not.
I don't like saucing but I agree it is better to allow it. It takes to much out of the racer and the track crew to police it. Here in the U.S it is allowed and there are NO issues!
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #333
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
saucing in nitroclass is like in 12 scale i suppose
so it can be good for the racers with no setup skills.
That's absurb!!! With that statement you've obviously never ran 12th scale. Saucing doesn't impart some type of magical competitiveness and mastery over your opponents if everyone is doing it! And it for sure isn't a fix for any deficiences in your setup.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #334
Tech Master
 
YLLIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,709
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
That's absurb!!! With that statement you've obviously never ran 12th scale. Saucing doesn't impart some type of magical competitiveness and mastery over your opponents if everyone is doing it! And it for sure isn't a fix for any deficiences in your setup.
+1
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #335
Tech Regular
 
djiewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 440
Default

Fred and Billy, now don`t get all fired up here. i1ve done 12 th scale.
what i ment is that you can get some more ore less steering just by saucing the front tires more or less. So that is a advantage over havving to adjust camber or springs or toe in/out droop enz. For the beginner its helpful i think. Say by example you would race 12th with me and you wouldn`t sauce your tires and i would without setup. I bet i would be just as fast or faster then you.
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #336
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Fred and Billy, now don`t get all fired up here. i1ve done 12 th scale.
what i ment is that you can get some more ore less steering just by saucing the front tires more or less. So that is a advantage over havving to adjust camber or springs or toe in/out droop enz. For the beginner its helpful i think.
Saucing isn't an advantage over adjusting camber/camber gain, etc, it's just another option to tune with. I'm not getting fired up, I wan't to disspell any misconceptions on using additive. A beginner isn't going to understand how to apply any chassis settings let alone how to use an additive effectively. So they shouldn't be concerned about it to begin width. Their focus would be getting as much stick time as possible.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #337
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default For Smith9Turbo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This video is <R> rated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOsXL3-4cI
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It contains explicit images using traction additive, high performance
racing and spectacular driving that will result in symptoms such as
envy, jealousy and may result in regrettable emotional outbreaks. This media
may also create adverse psychological effects and trauma to humans who
suffer from high anxiety, high blood pressure, it's adrenalin filled and may result
in undue physical harm to one's self. If symptoms persist please consult your
local physician for clinical treatment such as a FULL FRONTAL LOBOTOMY.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #338
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Saucing isn't an advantage over adjusting camber/camber gain, etc, it's just another option to tune with. I'm not getting fired up, I wan't to disspell any misconceptions on using additive. A beginner isn't going to understand how to apply any chassis settings let alone how to use an additive effectively. So they shouldn't be concerned about it to begin width. Their focus would be getting as much stick time as possible.
i like that explanation FRED you are right imo i see people saucing who cant set up their car i think #1 set the car up run some good lap times then enter the additives = performance enhancers MR33 wanted
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #339
Tech Addict
 
smith9turbo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thailand
Posts: 540
Default

blis, finally i can see your video,
i see it with smile happen on my face. so nice for me. very thanks.
smith9turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #340
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default

where is the next worlds gonna be
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #341
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
i like that explanation FRED you are right imo i see people saucing who cant set up their car i think #1 set the car up run some good lap times then enter the additives = performance enhancers MR33 wanted
I agree with Fred too...

Sometimes the mentality of people who want to restrict equipment makes me think that we should go back to the very beginnings...

Ban everything manufactured and go back to:
  • Designing and building your own cars
  • Making your own tyres
  • Soldering your own circuits and building your own radios
  • Banning all digital electronics and aids
  • Distilling your own methanol

RC was a wonderful hobby when the majority loved their models more than racing results.

I tried to buy a balsa airplane kit recently, all I could find were ARF's with pre-assembled wings, fuselage, tail sections what a disappointment for lovers of RC Models, it's become so dumbed down that all the pleasure has gone from the true beginnings and opened the doors to a world full of want to be winners and sore losers.

RC isnt about results, it's about scale models, enjoying them for what they really are and how much enjoyment you get from them. Then putting them on show and to the test and by racing each other.

I think we're losing the plot in a world of restrictions and rules.

h
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #342
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
I agree with Fred too...

Sometimes the mentality of people who want to restrict equipment makes me think that we should go back to the very beginnings...

Ban everything manufactured and go back to:
  • Designing and building your own cars
  • Making your own tyres
  • Soldering your own circuits and building your own radios
  • Banning all digital electronics and aids
  • Distilling your own methanol

RC was a wonderful hobby when the majority loved their models more than racing results.

I tried to buy a balsa airplane kit recently, all I could find were ARF's with pre-assembled wings, fuselage, tail sections what a disappointment for lovers of RC Models, it's become so dumbed down that all the pleasure has gone from the true beginnings and opened the doors to a world full of want to be winners and sore losers.

RC isnt about results, it's about scale models, enjoying them for what they really are and how much enjoyment you get from them. Then putting them on show and to the test and by racing each other.

I think we're losing the plot in a world of restrictions and rules.

h
No that's a bad idea, what are those of us that are heavy handed with our hands spose to do? Use a bigger hammer

Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #343
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
No that's a bad idea, what are those of us that are heavy handed with our hands spose to do? Use a bigger hammer

Andrew
Use those heavy hands to tighten wheel nuts!!?

It was just a reflection on the past and the present, you know that A, we seem too accepting of the awesome equipment we can get nowadays and it seems our focus has shifted too far into the racing. If it were just about the racing, we've all drive the same car, same tyres, same engines, radio etc... Yet to see it work though!

PS: You want to get out to the rack tomorrow for some laps, no timing?
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #344
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Use those heavy hands to tighten wheel nuts!!?

It was just a reflection on the past and the present, you know that A, we seem too accepting of the awesome equipment we can get nowadays and it seems our focus has shifted too far into the racing. If it were just about the racing, we've all drive the same car, same tyres, same engines, radio etc... Yet to see it work though!

PS: You want to get out to the rack tomorrow for some laps, no timing?
Yeah sounds good Harry as Abbs is going out to a birthday party. What time do you want to meet? I need to put an engine into the Xray and find some drive hexes for those falling off wheel thingys
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #345
Tech Addict
 
smith9turbo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thailand
Posts: 540
Default

Nick RCracing.TV in 2012 IFMAR 1/10 IC World Championship

smith9turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net