R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to JDuncan
Default Getting started into on-road

I know that this car is new and i was wondering if anybody has gotten one yet? I was wonderin it is worth the $$$?? Durability?

I am somewhat new in the world of rc cars. I have had a 1/10th stadium truck for about 1 year and i am looking to get into on-road. I was wondering if this is a good car to start with. I will be using it about 50% parking lot driving and 50% asphalt track at a local hobby store. I am wanting a car that is an RTR but able to become a car capable of racing without too much $$$. Also, would a belt driven car be a more competitive racer??? So far i am trying to decide between ofna gpx4, ntc3 plus, and ofna cd3 pro. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by JDuncan; 03-28-2005 at 09:52 PM.
JDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Send a message via AIM to kyoshoBOY
Default Re: Getting started into on-road

Quote:
Originally posted by JDuncan
I know that this car is new and i was wondering if anybody has gotten one yet? I was wonderin it is worth the $$$?? Durability?

I am somewhat new in the world of rc cars. I have had a 1/10th stadium truck for about 1 year and i am looking to get into on-road. I was wondering if this is a good car to start with. I will be using it about 50% parking lot driving and 50% asphalt track at a local hobby store. I am wanting a car that is an RTR but able to become a car capable of racing without too much $$$. Also, would a belt driven car be a more competitive racer??? So far i am trying to decide between ofna gpx4, ntc3 plus, and ofna cd3 pro. Thanks for the help!
Any rtr car that u mention would be a gud car to start,its all depends on the parts support that your LHS carry.that's one of the important thing you need to know.
kyoshoBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Default GPX4

I haven't driven the rtr version of the GPX4 but I have been driving the pro version since December. I don't think you'll be disappointed, very durable, cheap, easy to setup and most importantly competitive. The pro version is very competitive out of the box, and I've heard that the rtr version is as well considering that they have some distinct differences. But also your decision should also be based on parts support. If you want to be ultimately competitive I would suggest that you go with the pro version.

just as an idea, if I'm not mistaken a belt driven car won the worlds. hope I was able to help
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

I am kinda confused by your post...are you talking about the pro cd3 and cd3 rtr or are you talking about the gpx4??? Is there a pro version to the gpx4?? If so, can you give me a link to it??? Sorry for all of the stupid questions. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #6
Tech Regular

You can check it out at NitroHouse.com or Ofna .com
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #7
Tech Regular

I'm referring to the GPX4 Pro and rtr. I don't think they have a picture of the pro version at OFNA.com anymore and I'm not sure which version is at Nitrohouse.com. Its no problem at all, I'd be pretty confused too with all the cars on the market.

Last edited by Genius; 03-30-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

I went to nitrohouse and it seems as though they arent selling the pro version or something because there isn't a button that says "add to shopping cart" next to the pro version. I am thinkning that it may be out of stock, but everywhere else i look they don't have the pro version either. The link to the nitrohouse page is http://nitrohouse.com/hyper_gpx4.htm
Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JDuncan
I went to nitrohouse and it seems as though they arent selling the pro version or something because there isn't a button that says "add to shopping cart" next to the pro version. I am thinkning that it may be out of stock, but everywhere else i look they don't have the pro version either. The link to the nitrohouse page is http://nitrohouse.com/hyper_gpx4.htm
The RTR is the only version of the car available in the U.S. at this time. We will realease the pro version at a later date.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

OOOOO ok that clears a few things up. Thank you very much for the help! Would you happen to know if there is a large difference between the pro and rtr?
Old 03-31-2005, 03:55 AM   #11
Tech Regular

i own a gpx4 rtr, and soon to be a pro,at my local tracks,on short tight tracks,there is bugger all difference between the 2 cars its only on large open tracks that the pro is justified.

for an rtr pull start car,i think that they are the car to get.1.4 hp out of the box.and a great design and build quality.i cant use full power at my track due to massive traction problems,but when it hooks up,theres not many rtr's that will stay with it.
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:10 AM   #12
Tech Master

hey kyoshoBoy
is that the same car as habao that they release in asia they said it a very good car a lot of plp in asia said its better than any other car
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Just bought an RTR version of the GPX4 and I am quite pleased with the fit and finish. It looks like it will be a competent racer when run in. I do have the usual gripes about the manual. Lots of warnings to "make sure you have the correct needle settings" etc. but not a single mention (that I can find) of what those settings should be! Does anyone have any idea how many turns on the high speed needle to start break-in? I assume that the end of the low speed needle should be flush with the end of the carb.

I wish that manufacturers would realize that people that buy RTR cars might need a little explanation about details.

Does anyone know why different parts on the car have the same part number? Does this mean that you get both parts when you buy that number or is it a mistake. Why would a shock cap have the same number as a front belt?
racegypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:46 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know a link to download the Hyper 12 instructions. I can't find then on the Ofna site.

Last edited by racegypt; 04-01-2005 at 11:55 PM.
racegypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Send a message via AIM to kyoshoBOY

Quote:
Originally posted by dg8one
hey kyoshoBoy
is that the same car as habao that they release in asia they said it a very good car a lot of plp in asia said its better than any other car
yap!! thats the HOBAO GPX4 pro kit!!
it is a very good car and lots of racers in asia like this car especially in th philippines,lots of them really like this car.
and Paul Coleman is driving this car now.
if u want this car i may able to help you guys to get(ill try),i know where to get it and a good price..my friend is the guy who distribute this car in philippines..
and i think and i hope theyll sending me one of this to try it out and introduce it in here in USA.
kyoshoBOY is offline   Reply With Quote