R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Need help with my shaft / gearing

First of all, i`d like to thank all that who`s helped me in my previous thread.

I`ve encounted another problem.

I`m using the FW05T which comes RTR.thus i don`t have the manual of the entire setup process. Just today i ran the car for the 2nd time and , the 2 gears (not sure of the term) from the engine`s side could not connect with the 2 speed gears fully, thus , i get the engine rpm moving up and the car slowly accelerating. I have actually once dislodged the engine, fuel tank and pipe for cleaning. and ever since, whenever i manually move the car backwards, the gears engage, but, it doesn`t move smoothly, and there a crankling sound. is that a problem? luckily for me, one experienced driver helped me out with it. tightened some screws that`s all. my gears were partially worn out from my driving earlier but it is now fine eversince the screws were tightened.

My problem is now, i`ve dismantelled all those 3 again, and i`m getting the same result ( rough moving backwards manually) even after tightening the screws, loosening them as well again. Is there something i can do?

One thing i`ve noticed also, is when i move the car forward without the engine or the receiver on, the gears doesn`t engage. is that normal for the kyosho FW05T? cause i`ve seen a car today that moves smoothly both ways with all the gears engaged at all times. help pls.

i know it`s a little vague as i`m relly not sure of the terms or what have i done wrong.

Thanks alot for all your help.

Cheers!
dct147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

When cleaning did you move the engine? It may be that its not sitting square when you moved it back.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I does sound like you don't have you gear mesh right. But because of the one-way bearing in first gear it is possible to push the car forward without the gears rotating.
You can download the manual for this car on Kyoshos site.
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:10 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Thanks for your help guys,

I did move the engine, it`s centered well. the website didn`t help much as they just show how to assemble part by part, which is exactly how i did it.

Any other possible reasons for this problem?

Thanks once again guys.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to ALBERTO Send a message via Yahoo to ALBERTO
Talking

Quote:
Need help with my shaft
sorry guys just looking though and i thought this was funny
Old 03-29-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
Tech Regular

dtc, your right.
I just looked through my manual and it wasn't there. Go back on the site and download one of the manuals for any of the FW-05R kits. Its in them. The clutch might be different but the adjustment is the same. Or better yet download the manual for the FW05S KWC. Its basically a hopped up version of your car.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Thanks again 3434,

i`ve done that too. downloaded for the FW05S. all that helped was that it told me to put a piece of paper thru both gears. i`ve done that and it`s the same. i`ve just tried re-adjusting the screws for the positioning of the engine further out, the gears touch but not enough for a bite. when i reverse the car, the shaft and the engine gears move. but when i stop, shaft stops, engine gears goes on moving. there`s probably not enought catch to it. when i bring the engine closer, it becomes impossible to move the car backwards. when it`s set at centre, possible to move, but with alot of noise with every movement backwards. Any other possibilities? for this cause?

Thanks for your help once again.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Loosen the screws that hold the engine then put the paper in the gears. With one hand squeeze the gears together (with the paper still in them) then tighten the screws at the same time.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #9
Tech Regular

just did that, now the gears are too far apart. little sound , but little catch too.