Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
First on road nitro need some help >

First on road nitro need some help

First on road nitro need some help

Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default First on road nitro need some help

I am new to the on road scene. I have been an avid RC entusiast for over 20 years but always stuck with off road. Mostly nitro monster trucks and 1/5 scale gas. I have always wanted an on-road nitro touring car and am leaning towards a Kyosho Inferno GT2 race spec or the Schumacher Fusion 28 turbo. I am thinking the Kyosho for parts availabilty plus it is a 1/8th scale. Any ideas? I am looking for speed/durability/upgradability and FUN!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by str8jailbird
I am new to the on road scene. I have been an avid RC entusiast for over 20 years but always stuck with off road. Mostly nitro monster trucks and 1/5 scale gas. I have always wanted an on-road nitro touring car and am leaning towards a Kyosho Inferno GT2 race spec or the Schumacher Fusion 28 turbo. I am thinking the Kyosho for parts availabilty plus it is a 1/8th scale. Any ideas? I am looking for speed/durability/upgradability and FUN!
Kyosho GT2 all the way. I think the Schumacher is really cool. But for parts availability/cost, driveability, durability, and fun factor. You will have a VERY hard time beating what the GT2 Race Spec delivers for a on-road RTR. Big, fast, easy to drive, easy to work on, strong plastics and metals, and parts are available/cheaper.

Get it. Get a handle on it. Then race it. Bashing is fun, but doesn't compare to getting on a track!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Kyosho! It's actually a pretty good deal.

And the name is fun to say " I have a KYOOSHOO!"
Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards the GT2 anyways because I am more of a larger scale guy. I always wanted an on road expecially a 1/8th. Does the LRP Z30 work well in it as I have a spare and a Z28 Spec 3. I am sure the stock motor is enough to start with but there is always room for more power!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by str8jailbird
Thanks guys. I was leaning towards the GT2 anyways because I am more of a larger scale guy. I always wanted an on road expecially a 1/8th. Does the LRP Z30 work well in it as I have a spare and a Z28 Spec 3. I am sure the stock motor is enough to start with but there is always room for more power!
I'd do the .28, the .30 I feel doesn't have the revs the onroad car needs. Sealing up the KE25 before you run it makes a world of difference! With that, the stock .25 is not a bad mill. I would consider looking into a .21 though. Better run times and more controllable (which usually means quicker in the end).
Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Don't get the Fusion not really a race car more for bashing.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You will find a ton of info on setup and upgrades for the GT2 on this forum, and it's the car we all started racing in the GT8 class. Get it and enjoy it.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spooky 1
You will find a ton of info on setup and upgrades for the GT2 on this forum, and it's the car we all started racing in the GT8 class. Get it and enjoy it.
+1....and its also the car that created the GT Class ...so lets all show her some love : ) ... I have 4 of them...lol...
Old 10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks folks. I am really stoked to get this car! I had my LST2 out yesterday at the park and with the Z30 in it I can't drive on pavement to easily due to the wheelies it pulls. It's a blast to drive but I really want an on roader to set up some local races with the guys around here. I can convert my 5B to on road but it will never handle the same as the GT2 plus it's a tad to big for these lots around here. I just love the looks and quality of the Kyosho!