R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #271
Tech Fanatic

Here is a link to some more videos. Most of the mains on Saturday.
Click HERE
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #272
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

i need the dates for next year
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #273
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

congratulations Dj, great job
Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This was one of the best Winternats I believe I have ever attended. It was great racing all week. The qualifing rounds on Wednesday were awesome to watch. To bad we had the rain on Thursday. I am greatfull for all the racers understanding. Nothing we could do about weather. However I must say Melvin Aulston deserves a lot of credit. He had servo problems on Wednesday and did not get a qualifing round in. He never complained and raced his way into the c-main. In fact he lead it for a while. Then he had troubles. I have to take my hat off to him for never giving up. Then there is Armin from Shepard. Bumping up all the way to the a-main. I also have to say what about a local guy named Rob Crawford. He qualified 3rd in Masters and finished 3rd. Good Job Rob!

The mains on Saturday were a pleasure to watch. Quite a few coming down to last lap. Paolo and Mike seperated by only .51 sec in the Final of the 1/8th open.

I would like to Congrats to the Winners: DJ Apolaro, Chuck Moon and Paolo Morganti. You 3 are very deserving Champions.

I also would like to thank the Sponsors of this event:

Kevco Racing, Shepard, Xray, Bryons Fuels, Kosmic Fuels, Sonic Engines, EDS Tools, Acorn Racing USA, Sky Rocket Racing, Boca Bearings, Proto Form and Matrix Tires.

Thanks to Edo Picco from Picco, Christen from Matrix Tires, Armin from Shepard, Mikchael Salvin from Serpent and Patrizio from Capricorn for making the trip to support the racers.

This race is always exciting because of the racers. It is always nice to see the Ohio Guys, The Whitings, Marco Vanni, Ralph Burch, Mike Swauger etc. This years field was one of the strongest. A person like me is amazed to see all of these great people. Thanks for putting on a great show.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #275
Tech Apprentice

Congrats to all the winners! And special thanks to JIM, DAVE, JULIAN, TONY and the entire Red Cup Crew for working so hard to get the race in the books. This race is definitely the most competitive US race of the year and well worth the 16,000 miles round trip from Shanghai. It was great to see friends, old and new. We love this race and we'll be back (if no conflict with school).
rwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #276
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes it was a great Winternats!! I'am ready for next year. lol Thanks to the entire crew for making it all happen. Thank you to all of the sponsors for making it a great event. Thank you to all of my friends in the pits for helping me get my car ready in 5 minutes between rounds. In times of need you really find out who's there for you!! Much appreciated!! Although the weather played a part in the outcome of the race it still made for some exciting racing. It seems like the Fort is still one of those tracks that you need a little bit of luck to win. Man I can't wait for next year. 12.1 in 1/10th Its getting there
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #277
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Yes it was a great Winternats!! I'am ready for next year. lol Thanks to the entire crew for making it all happen. Thank you to all of the sponsors for making it a great event. Thank you to all of my friends in the pits for helping me get my car ready in 5 minutes between rounds. In times of need you really find out who's there for you!! Much appreciated!! Although the weather played a part in the outcome of the race it still made for some exciting racing. It seems like the Fort is still one of those tracks that you need a little bit of luck to win. Man I can't wait for next year. 12.1 in 1/10th Its getting there
good rollin Mel
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #278
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Just getting on the plane to come back home. I just want to thank Tony. Jim. Jullian. David. Vince. Martin and Gretchen for the best run race in the USA. Your dedication and perfectly ran race program is greatly appreciated. No one knows how hard and difficult it is to host a race like yours. Thank u for everything you guys do for us racers.

See u soon
Billy
Well said Billy!!! I also would like to thank everyone that had a hand in with this race and the state race, this was and has always been on of the best races I have attended!
Special thanks to Jim Rice and the Red Cup Team for all you do to make people feel welcomed!
Thanks to all my sponsors for there continued support, Jason Conley for the pit work and Doug Filo for the new found horse power and Team RC America!
It was nice to see some old friends I have missed over the years!
See you next time!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #279
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
another WINTERNATS in the books.
Tuesday and Wed. went great. Track was fast !!
Thursday we had rain .
we had rain for 36 hours that all most never happens in the winter.
the hard working "RED CUP CREW" worked for 5 hours non stop to get the track dry so we were able to race the mains on Friday.

Sat. was cold but clear. The racers were all ready for some great racing.
All went good until the cell tower about 300 feet from us went down and we lost our on line connection. scoring and sound still worked.
Tony got out his phone and some how linked up to get some video going.
there was a lot of very close racing.

Thanks to all that gave us a hand drying then track on Friday.
Thanks to all our sponsors .
Thanks to the racers that came from around the world to race with us.
Thanks for all the kind words.
Mike S./Mike B./Ira/and Doc. i shipped your boxes out today.

Hope every one had a good time.

See Ya Next Year

Jim and the "RED CUP CREW"
Jim, thanks for taking care of my stuff and shipping it back!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #280
Tech Addict

Once again the Winternationals is the race to be at. The whole Red Cup crew deserves a huge Thank you for a great job.
Shepherd USA would also like to Thank all of the Shepherd drivers for their help and support.
Can't wait for till next year.
Greg Esser
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #281
Tech Apprentice

Default Team Picco Winter Nats Results

Hello Everyone!

For all of those who attended the 2013 WinterNats, wow! I enjoyed seeing everyone again and was glad to see that even if some of us didn't have the best event, we all seemed to have a good time.

I hope that everyone came over and spoke with Edo. He was happy to see all of us representing his brand. I hope you left this race with more knowledge about your Picco engine than you came with. After all, he comes to help us all!

Congrats to Loran Whiting for being the first female to make a WinterNats "A" main. That was an awesome battle at the end of the 1/10 Sedan "B" main to win the final bump-up spot to the “A”. She never loses her cool! Well, at least she doesn't show it!! LOL

Congrats to Mike Swauger and Billy Bowerman as well for taking the TQ's in 1/8 Open and 1/8 Masters, respectfully.
Mike finished 2nd in a down to the wire 1/8 Open finish that was second to none. It was one of the best races seen in many years. Mike also finished 3rd in 1/10 Sedan.

Dirk Wischnewski qualified 4th and finished (first visit to track) took 2nd in sedan.

Rick Vrielijnck qualified 4th and finished 5th in 1/8 open

Also, Kudos to Billy - he led the 1/8 Masters race for 40 straight minutes, only making one mistake that took him completely out of the race.

Those who attended from Team Picco!
Anthony Schimizzi,
Mike & Denise Clark,
Guner Mehet
Jeff, Loran and Foster Whiting
Nikoli Yap
James Copfield
Thomas Nichols
Jason Conley
Mike Pulfer
Doug Filo
Joby Uchtman
Art Carbonell
David Larry
Eric Dennett

Again Thanks for your representation of Picco

Kevin Hutchinson
www.kevcoracing.com

Last edited by KevcoRacing; 02-23-2013 at 06:00 AM.
KevcoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #282
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all your support!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #283
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarry View Post
This was one of the best Winternats I believe I have ever attended. It was great racing all week. The qualifing rounds on Wednesday were awesome to watch. To bad we had the rain on Thursday. I am greatfull for all the racers understanding. Nothing we could do about weather. However I must say Melvin Aulston deserves a lot of credit. He had servo problems on Wednesday and did not get a qualifing round in. He never complained and raced his way into the c-main. In fact he lead it for a while. Then he had troubles. I have to take my hat off to him for never giving up. Then there is Armin from Shepard. Bumping up all the way to the a-main. I also have to say what about a local guy named Rob Crawford. He qualified 3rd in Masters and finished 3rd. Good Job Rob!

The mains on Saturday were a pleasure to watch. Quite a few coming down to last lap. Paolo and Mike seperated by only .51 sec in the Final of the 1/8th open.

I would like to Congrats to the Winners: DJ Apolaro, Chuck Moon and Paolo Morganti. You 3 are very deserving Champions.

I also would like to thank the Sponsors of this event:

Kevco Racing, Shepard, Xray, Bryons Fuels, Kosmic Fuels, Sonic Engines, EDS Tools, Acorn Racing USA, Sky Rocket Racing, Boca Bearings, Proto Form and Matrix Tires.

Thanks to Edo Picco from Picco, Christen from Matrix Tires, Armin from Shepard, Mikchael Salvin from Serpent and Patrizio from Capricorn for making the trip to support the racers.

This race is always exciting because of the racers. It is always nice to see the Ohio Guys, The Whitings, Marco Vanni, Ralph Burch, Mike Swauger etc. This years field was one of the strongest. A person like me is amazed to see all of these great people. Thanks for putting on a great show.
Thank you guys for all the hard work its always worth the 16hrs of driving!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
i need the dates for next year
I will get the dates for next year posted as soon as i find out.

Thanks again for the support of this race.

Jim
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #285
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
I will get the dates for next year posted as soon as i find out.

Thanks again for the support of this race.

Jim
its you and the crew that keeps me coming back as often as i can thank you for the hospitality

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS