The Best & Worse Online Shop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best & Worse Online Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pro-Shop-Futaba is the cheapest shop I have ever come across, on the items I have bought they were cheaper than RC-Champ. They reply to your emails within hours and I have had items shipped from there (Japan) to here (Australia) within a few days. 10/10

Website

[email protected]
Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I don't know what other shops do but we do NOT charge anything for items that are out of stock. We will back order the part(s) and let you know when it is back in stock and if you still need the part we will ship and bill you. If you don't need it we put it into stock.
My big thumbs up to LEE @ Winner's Circle...no BS, fast shipping and good to deal with....WHY? Because I can see what I want ONLINE thru their website and order the parts I want via PHONE...that means I can talk to a real human being instead of a computer. No back order, no scamming, no BS....Got to appreciate the old school of doing business...ppl to ppl business.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Everyone is talking about all the over sea place's but how do you read what they have.Now I know why place's like ACE are going under. I do beleave that you should support your local Hobby Store first but if they don't have it look some place in the USA.But if you have to have it and can't wait for your local Hobby Store to get it in then that's your right to go over sea's
Old 01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just like to say that my TMG4S kit had arrivd from Netherlands "http://www.the-border.com" today in Australia, Adelaide it only took less than two weeks over the xmas and new years period.

Also like to note that Danny has been awesome in looking after me, and many others here in Adelaide.....!

i highly recomend his service and very easy to deal with, i shall in future do more business thanks alot guys happy man down under....

peace Out
Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought my MTX-4 for $380 AUD from Japan, it sells in Australia for $650. In a world of overpriced goods I cant be blamed for finding the cheapest price.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rody
What happens if you buy something online at RCmart, and it is out of stock? Do they still charge your credit card, and send you the item when it does become available? I ask this because they dont reply to emails, nor do they have a live inventory status. This is something im a bit concerned about. RC-mushroom for example has a live inventory status, that tells you if an item is in stock or not.

Cheers
THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THAT AND WILL SEND IT TO YOU WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE
Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caggers
I bought my MTX-4 for $380 AUD from Japan, it sells in Australia for $650. In a world of overpriced goods I cant be blamed for finding the cheapest price.

Yeah i got my TMG4S from the-border for $390AUD landed to my door, i totally aggree that with your money that your spending its always best to shop around even if it takes 2 weeks to land.... "its worth the wait".
Old 01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

If I may add my thoughts,
Parts are the same where ever you get them from....... the cars are all the same.
A Serpent 720 is a Serpent 720 no matter where on earth it is bought.

What really makes the difference, to me anyway, is the people, or person you deal with to get that car.....that part, those tires.
Helpful advice, good quality service. Speedy shipping are all good. But friendly people on the end of the phone, or at the end of your Email can make all the difference.
People who trust you without even seeing you or having only known you for a few days are who you nead.
Someone whom you can also trust too.

Sam at Raceday Hobbies has been all this. In the short time I have known and dealt with him I have had nothing but all that I have stated above and I consider myself privelidged to be able to Race for him.

www.RACEDAYHOBBIES.COM

Menace
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

Has anyone try rc-union.com ? I want to buy Sirio Evo3 STI engine there.But they don't reply my email.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mydo84
Hi all,

Has anyone try rc-union.com ? I want to buy Sirio Evo3 STI engine there.But they don't reply my email.
No reply No buy.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by caggers
Dammm...... $380 AUD ??? ...... it's 316 USD.

PM me the shop ??
Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by buboy28
THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THAT AND WILL SEND IT TO YOU WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE
If you are lucky we will never deal with RCmart again after waiting nearly 3 months for an order where one part was not in stock. Even recived abusive e-mails when we followed up after the promised time.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC-Union

Originally Posted by mydo84
Hi all,

I bought some kyosho parts from RC-Union. It took them three days or so to process my order. I received my parts in about 3 -4 days so thats not to shabby form overseas. Sending big money on an engine from the website I might be hesitant, but then again if its at a good price..
Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Thanks Bulletdays.

I emailed them the email I received from ParcelForce (the agent they use to send stuff to the UK) confirming that the parcel NEVER arrived from Hong Kong and you know how they replied?

"Our policy is no refund until Hong Kong Post itself confirm they have lost the parcel".

I guess I'm burnt. Like I said in the 3hobby forum, I can take the hit once but I know for a fact that many racers can't, especially a hit of USD 320 ... all phoof into thin air. I just want to caution others so they don't get burnt. Others still will swear how good RC Mushroom is, I did too until I discovered how they treat their customer when something goes wrong.

Sorry to hear your story.

I have a friend that use to order parts from RC-mushroom few times so far it seems going well except that delivery time is around 2~3 weeks.

However, we still always keep in mind that only order small amount online because we donn't know which deal in the future will be burn just like what you have experience.

My guess is it may happen when you order with a big amount of $$.....
Old 06-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thamjk
Sorry to hear your story.

I have a friend that use to order parts from RC-mushroom few times so far it seems going well except that delivery time is around 2~3 weeks.

However, we still always keep in mind that only order small amount online because we donn't know which deal in the future will be burn just like what you have experience.

My guess is it may happen when you order with a big amount of $$.....
Thamjk, I think you are right, if its a big order there is a possibility that this will happen. Remember, after all the discounts, all it takes is one missing order and it is like you may as well have paid double for all those past smaller orders.

For the record, after numerous complaint emails and also informing them I will post about the missing items saga all over the internet, they just said sorry, I'd have to wait because they claim they have a shipping number. Then I went to Paypal but got nowhere because there is a time limit before you can get rebates. I then wrote to the Consumer Council of HK who called mushroom twice and emailed me the same answer I got originally. Then the council wrote an actual letter to them and copied me. 1 month went by without anything and I just called the HK Police. I don't know if the police did anything because within a week after that I suddenly received an email from Gourry at mushroom asking if I wanted the money refunded to my Paypal account or as a credit to my online mushroom account. I took the cash!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.