R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #76
Tech Elite

i dont do this anymore cuz it SSSSSSSSUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSSS thankyou but rc mushroom is ok but if somthing gos missing owell.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #77
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Thanks Bulletdays.

I emailed them the email I received from ParcelForce (the agent they use to send stuff to the UK) confirming that the parcel NEVER arrived from Hong Kong and you know how they replied?

"Our policy is no refund until Hong Kong Post itself confirm they have lost the parcel".

I guess I'm burnt. Like I said in the 3hobby forum, I can take the hit once but I know for a fact that many racers can't, especially a hit of USD 320 ... all phoof into thin air. I just want to caution others so they don't get burnt. Others still will swear how good RC Mushroom is, I did too until I discovered how they treat their customer when something goes wrong.
Although the thread has been dead for a while, I just want to share my experience in online shopping. I've done lots of shopping on rc-mushroom and the border and both have excellent service. Sow's package from Mushroom has been lost. Now my package from Border hasn't arrived here yet either. Package was shipped on 8.August, today is 7.September and no news on the package. Danny from the Border started out an investigation about the shipment -Border doesn't ship via UPS or another courier service, they only use TGP- and he said that the investigation result may take up to 2-3 months because Turkey is outside the EU. I always got my packages in 1-2 weeks max.. Maybe this package is lost, maybe not. If it is lost, I got no doubts that I will get my money back from the Border or they will reship the package, the point is, if a package gets lost, it takes time on both companies to refund the money as they do not rely on your info but on their courier services information. They both provide excellent service and I will keep on working with both of them in the future as well. And my package was loaded with a 720 and a Zx12 DSII racepack. Damn damn damn!!!!
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

just found this thread
ive delt with a least 15 -20 different online shops and this is my fav pick out of them all they are
1 RC Champ
2 Pro Shop Futaba
3 Dinball RCmart
4 RC TORO
5 RC MUSHROOM

AND FOR OFF ROAD
1 Carolinas RC
2 A Main Hobbies
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I know I'm gonna be flamed for this, but doesn't anyone support their local hobby shops? While I do understand not everyone has a store close to them and having a box show up at your door is convienent, all of these problems you speak of wouldn't exist. No getting scammed, no communication failures, no Paypal claims necessary, and best of all, the item is already in front of you before you even buy it. And if you say they always have to order your parts cause they don't stock what you need, they can order it in for you and most likely will still be quicker than waiting for an online company to ship it to you. And when you add the shipping charges and hassle to the price of what you buy online, it is most likely very comparable if not the same as to what the LHS would charge. And good luck if you need assistance with those items you bought from online, (if you even got the right ones the first time), as they are often just button-pushers. I'll take face-to-face service any day. That being said, even I am guilty of purchasing online on a couple deals that just couldn't be beat, (cheaper then what my LHS could get them for, so he even ordered some for stock too!) But in the grand scheme of things, if it wasn't for our Hobby Shops, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten that Tamiya Frog for Christmas back in '84 (approx.) to get me started in this hobby. And most importantly, we certainly wouldn't have any tracks to race at. I've seen at least 3 hobby shops close in the last 2-3 years, and that's a step in the wrong direction! However, for buying used items from other members, RC Tech is the place! (And that, unfortunately, is a scammers playground.)
t4ftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:49 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

What happens if you buy something online at RCmart, and it is out of stock? Do they still charge your credit card, and send you the item when it does become available? I ask this because they dont reply to emails, nor do they have a live inventory status. This is something im a bit concerned about. RC-mushroom for example has a live inventory status, that tells you if an item is in stock or not.

Cheers
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #81
Tech Adept

which of those places you guys mentioned can i get a tamiya mini cooper kit?

Thanks,

Juan
juanfinesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
What happens if you buy something online at RCmart, and it is out of stock? Do they still charge your credit card, and send you the item when it does become available? I ask this because they dont reply to emails, nor do they have a live inventory status. This is something im a bit concerned about. RC-mushroom for example has a live inventory status, that tells you if an item is in stock or not.

Cheers
i heard they charge your card but im not 100% sure of that
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #83
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody

Cheers
I don't know what other shops do but we do NOT charge anything for items that are out of stock. We will back order the part(s) and let you know when it is back in stock and if you still need the part we will ship and bill you. If you don't need it we put it into stock.
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ftracer
I know I'm gonna be flamed for this, but doesn't anyone support their local hobby shops? While I do understand not everyone has a store close to them and having a box show up at your door is convienent, all of these problems you speak of wouldn't exist. No getting scammed, no communication failures, no Paypal claims necessary, and best of all, the item is already in front of you before you even buy it. And if you say they always have to order your parts cause they don't stock what you need, they can order it in for you and most likely will still be quicker than waiting for an online company to ship it to you. And when you add the shipping charges and hassle to the price of what you buy online, it is most likely very comparable if not the same as to what the LHS would charge. And good luck if you need assistance with those items you bought from online, (if you even got the right ones the first time), as they are often just button-pushers. I'll take face-to-face service any day. That being said, even I am guilty of purchasing online on a couple deals that just couldn't be beat, (cheaper then what my LHS could get them for, so he even ordered some for stock too!) But in the grand scheme of things, if it wasn't for our Hobby Shops, I probably wouldn't have ever gotten that Tamiya Frog for Christmas back in '84 (approx.) to get me started in this hobby. And most importantly, we certainly wouldn't have any tracks to race at. I've seen at least 3 hobby shops close in the last 2-3 years, and that's a step in the wrong direction! However, for buying used items from other members, RC Tech is the place! (And that, unfortunately, is a scammers playground.)
You are right!!! I was going to say all of the above, but now only need to say "DITTO." I like supporting the palce where I race if at all possible.
Roger
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer
You are right!!! I was going to say all of the above, but now only need to say "DITTO." I like supporting the palce where I race if at all possible.
Roger
well, out of three pages of posts, at least there are 2 of us that support our lhs. Sounds about right.....
t4ftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #86
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Best
www.Kyoshoamerica.com for my kyosho needs
www.brooklynhobbies.com all my nitro gear
www.fasttrackhobbies.com all my electric gear
speedtech rc specialty items
rc-mushroom misc items
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #87
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
I've ordered from Lee....(tires,mugen clutch for my R40 etc....)..an absolute joy to work with.......
-I absolutely agree, Lee is a pleasure to buy from, he races all the time and knows what he's talking about.
-Have been ordering from www.towerhobbies.com since i was 12 years old, (am now 33) they have NEVER messed an order up. prices are not always the greatest but you will get what you order, and the saver codes they give in their speedmarts and such can save you a few bucks. My last order was sent free shipping. They will also email you discounts............
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Send a message via ICQ to surreal Send a message via AIM to surreal

I've been ordering from tower hobbies since '95. They are been nothing but the best. I would buy everything from Tower, but they don't have everything I need

I've also tried rcmart, shopping.rcmodel.hk, and acehardwarehobbies.com. All had no problems.

Besides tower, I always e-mail the shop prior to purchasing to make sure that 1. there is someone on the other end, 2. if the items are in stock.
surreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
well, out of three pages of posts, at least there are 2 of us that support our lhs. Sounds about right.....
Unfortunately for me, I pretty much have to order online. There are 3 hobby shops on the Gold Coast (all within 25 Ė 30 mins of me) and all 3 of them are less than satisfactory. I have many times in the past tried to order from them, only to find that they too have to order it in. So I ask them to get the parts and give me a call when they get in. This is no exaggeration. They never, ever give me a call. There is no exception to this. Now I donít even bother with them unless its something very simple that you would expect them to have in stock like a spur gear or maybe even some paint. So if your are on the Gold Coast and want to make some money, open a hobby shop and give good service. Other than this, I travel all the way to Brisbane or get it online. I am finding this thread very helpful, thank guys.

Meakin Park Model Raceway, the best club in SEQ

I am no longer racing. Now I plan to bash around on a larger scale.
smostyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #90
Tech Master

Quote:
I know I'm gonna be flamed for this, but doesn't anyone support their local hobby shops? While I do understand not everyone has a store close to them and having a box show up at your door is convienent, all of these problems you speak of wouldn't exist. No getting scammed, no communication failures, no Paypal claims necessary, and best of all, the item is already in front of you before you even buy it. And if you say they always have to order your parts cause they don't stock what you need, they can order it in for you and most likely will still be quicker than waiting for an online company to ship it to you.
-Most local hobby shops don't stock near enough product to make me want to shop from them anymore. I do understand that it would take a billion dollars to stock every part for every car. There are just to many scales and different cars out there nowadays that your lhs just can't compete. I went to 3 lhs looking for a Pro Spektrum and it's always the same thing, the nucklehead behind the counter knows less about rc than my 3 year old, and they had nothing in stock, (spektrum). Same old thing, "we can order it from you", well great, so if they order it, not only does it take longer than if i ordered direct from Horizon, i have to go back in a week and see said knucklehead again. I ordered my Spektrum from Horizon that night and it was at my door in 3 days. To me, most lhs seem to stock a ton of RTR monster truck "kits" and that's it. (at least where i live) There are someGREAT on line hobby shops. I have dealt a bunch with Lee Muse (on the phone and through email) from www.gasrccar.com in the last couple of months and he has given me the best service i have had from ANY company in ANY industry. When i was first going to order my 960, he spent quite a bit of time on the phone w/me answering all my newbie 1/8th questions before i had even spent a dime with him. There are GREAT on line retailers out there and they will survive, the lhs's in the future, not so sure..........the bad online retailers will not last long. Word of mouth is the best/worst advertising you can have. In the business world, do as you say, and you will survive and prosper.........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote