R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
yahoo finance has foreign exchange, which would convert USD to whatever currency you choose.

I think sometimes you get what you pay for. I still prefer to purchase from shops in US more than the ones from overseas. Yes, you might get lower prices, but, you cannot reach them easily. In US, at least, you can report them to BBB.

Recently, I bought a V1RRR WCE from a new shop called rc-toro ( and yes they have pretty good prices). Even tho they are online only, at least I can call them up easily. And they are local to me.

One suggestion: whenever making a big purchase, always call first.
I saw RC-Toro has some good price on stuff, but I didn't know that they are US shop...? Where to find their number...? Not listed on their website.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Rookie, as you know I order from Champs almost every two/three weeks. I take Hirosaka's quotes and then I go to a couple different currency conversion sites to double check. I don't remember the dollar to yen comparison, I think its $1 = 109.58 JPY, but his quotes are always very accurate. Example: when I ordered a set of universals @ 2499 yen = $22.80. Comes to about $12 cheaper than ordering within US. Even though they don't have a site to order from, I like their personal attention to details via e-mail. Hope this helps.
I think there is something I am not clear about...is PAYPAL the only source of payment that CHAMP RC will accept...? If that is true, then PAYPAL is the only one that can tell me the conversion rate cause PAYPAL will charge me some fee for conversion (just like AE, VISA and other CC)........
I just want to know what is the conversion rate of PAYPAL for US$ and Japanese Yen....not the current currency rate from the market.

I think I will just send money thru paypal without really send it and see how much....
Old 06-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

PayPal didn't charge me anything when I bought from RC Champ. Very smooth transaction by the way!
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

I'll tell you what.....I'm having a REAL hard time with precisionrc........They owed me a reamer....like a good guy,I said send it when you can....Now I'm emailing them,from different emails.....and NO response over a 4 week period............so NO GOOD for anyone wanting to order from precisionrc.com...

also,I've been trying to get ahold of jodi at jethobby........I've ordered there before..........and never had a problem......again,no response to 10 emails from 3 different addresses over a 4 week period....NOT GOOD!!!!!!

so I would not deal with either of these companys.........
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I think there is something I am not clear about...is PAYPAL the only source of payment that CHAMP RC will accept...? If that is true, then PAYPAL is the only one that can tell me the conversion rate cause PAYPAL will charge me some fee for conversion (just like AE, VISA and other CC)........
I just want to know what is the conversion rate of PAYPAL for US$ and Japanese Yen....not the current currency rate from the market.

I think I will just send money thru paypal without really send it and see how much....
like i said before, just send the money, but do not finalize it. champ does accept other methods... email them and they will explain to you the methods they accept.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paypal only charge the seller a fee, that's why RC champ charge u a paypal fee. Paypal doesn't charge u anything when your buying and their exchange rate is always a little better than the banks.
When u paypal, Rc champ gets the money straight away so they can process and send your order straight away as well.
Have bought 2 kits from RC champ recently and am happy with them.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Howard,
this is what I get from Champs for a first reply:

About shipping , We use EMS. Freight charge depends on the destination and the weight of the shipment.* After sending items, we give customer a*tracking number to track the items. You can find out your parcel here (http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english...html).Normally it will take 3-5days to* get*to your place. We only ask customer what we have to pay to post* office,*so We have to pack the items each time to find out the* shipping charge.*
For quoting, we can't tell customer what will cost.*We*can only tell*approximately guessing cost .
Here is a payment system. Please choose the one you like to pay.
ATTENTION : We do not accept US Dollar. Please pay by YEN.
Paypal ( Internet bank www.paypal.com ).
paypal*charge is 540YEN+4%.
Good thing about paypal is when you send us money, we can send item on the day you send us money.
* This is our paypal account name. [email protected]
I recomend this for order under 135000YEN or when you need*items quick.
Bank transfer
Bank charge is 6000YEN
Good thing about bank transfer is* doesn't change by mount of money you send, but you have to wait till we receive the money to our bank account.
* Here is the our bank information.
Bank name UFJ BANK LIMITED.
Branch name Akihabara.
Branch Number 626.
Bank address 3-16-8 Sotokanda Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Japan.
Account name CHAMP,.INC.
Account number 1060197.
Swift code SANW JP JT.
Our company address kairaku bldg 1F 6-5-4 Sotokanda Tokyo Japan.
I recomend this for a order amount over 135000YEN. Have to wait for us to receive money.
Credit card
Please fax cope of the Credit card ( Front and other side ) and copy of your ID ( Should have picture on ) to +81-6-6702-8872. Credit card charge will be 7%.
If you have any question,please let me know,sir.
Thank you.
Best regards,
RC Adviser Champ
Hirotaka Suganuma
---------------------
This is what I get for the verification:

Item total********* XXXXyen
Shipping charge XXXXyen
Paypal cahrge**** XXXyen
Grand total****** XXXXyen
When we recieve your payment,we will send your items right away.If you have any question,please let me know,sir.
Thank you.
Best regards,
RC Adviser Champ
Hirotaka Suganuma
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #53
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

onroadhobbies.com. check it out!
mahlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #54
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Qlone
Exclamation

So far the only shop overseas that I used is rc mushroom. I haven't had any problems with them, but then again, nothing has gone wrong yet.
Once a package took about 4 weeks to be delivered because it got stuck at the Dutch customs, but that's not mushroom's fault. I don't use mushroom for things I need urgently, so I usually choose the slow shipping option and typically parcels arrive within two weeks.

Other on-line shops I use a lot are PK-racing in holland (www.pkracing.nl, used to be rccarinternational.com) and of course shop.the-border.nl.

My LHS has become worse (they were excellent and are now merely 'good') over the winter. They are now reduced in size, open less often and ordering parts has been rather irregular. It seems they got into some kind of trouble, but the owner is reluctant to tell anything about it...
Qlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:32 AM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Silver, I choose to also support my LHS which I do 80% of the time. But I run a lot of Kawahara parts that are pretty hard to come by in the states. For instance, my Kawahara ZT1 has plastic parts that are kinda brittle for the spur gear mounts. Cracks due to stress not crashes. Lucky I have a friend who is CNCing some part that should last the life of the car. But otherwise I wish to support my friends at Leisure Hour Hobbies.
I agree. If your local hobby shop doesn't carry the things you want, you have to go online to buy it. But, my point is that you should expect there would be certain risk involved buying stuffs online. It really doesn't matter you use credit card or paypal. They are in the business of making money, not helping ppl. I have been argued with visa couple times. They tended to side with their corporate clients more than us little folks
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:38 AM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I saw RC-Toro has some good price on stuff, but I didn't know that they are US shop...? Where to find their number...? Not listed on their website.
I sent them email, and got their number. Don't remember it right now. But, you can ask them thru email. I did a local pick up with them once, and the guy seemed to be nice. Cash transaction and I got extra 2% off. Another reason I hate big financial transaction. Particularly BofA
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:18 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Thank you for all of the help............I have a better understanding about online purchase.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #58

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Rcmart.com - Ordered from them 3 times , each time shipping got faster and faster. Never messed up my order and on the latest buy. I got ib3600 cells and then afterwards read some posts on here about the ib3800 cell being far superior. So I contacted them via email in my order, which is what they tell you to do. Said I would like to change my order. Didnt get any contact about it and my order got here seriously in 4 days with just standard shipping. Upon opening the box, I see ib3800 cell. I about had to do a double take. I really appreciated that free upgrade! Can use paypal.

Towerhobbies.com - If they got what you want at a good price they rock. Watch out for there coupon codes, they can save you bigtime if you work things right. Shipping always quick and timely. Easy to check and of course usa based is always more easy to contact and call if you live in usa. No paypal

Jethobby - Just contacted them. Got an immediate contact back the next day with shipping quotes. I was very impressed. Even though there website is weird with the order. Did not buy though as I found a better deal...

Projectzen - STS engine dealer in the US. Got an amazing price for my motor shipped. Quick shipment, easy to deal with. Also uses paypal. Will buy more!!!!!!

thercshack.com - Great prices on omega stuff and other things. Hard to find stuff. Can use paypal as well. Great people , fast shipping.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #59
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Give us a try

Take a look at my shop = Winner's Circle Gas RC Car. We support Associated, Delta, Mugen, Serpent, Hudy XB8 and soon Kyosho (the initial order is placed). We have a big inventory, discounted prices, ship via Priority Mail (fast and cheap). For tires we carry Twister and Ellegi. Engines = Novarossi (top, rex and nova) and Mega.

Sorry for blowing my own horn.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:29 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Thumbs up lee is the man.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Take a look at my shop = Winner's Circle Gas RC Car. We support Associated, Delta, Mugen, Serpent, Hudy XB8 and soon Kyosho (the initial order is placed). We have a big inventory, discounted prices, ship via Priority Mail (fast and cheap). For tires we carry Twister and Ellegi. Engines = Novarossi (top, rex and nova) and Mega.

Sorry for blowing my own horn.

Lee
I've ordered from Lee....(tires,mugen clutch for my R40 etc....)..an absolute joy to work with.......
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote